The Purosangue Thread | Page 51 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I have been saying this for a long time. The SUV is meant to be volume model so basing it on a hybrid platform makes sense. I expect it to be offered in two engine options V8 Hybrid and V6 Hybrid (detuned front engine versions similar to the Roma<>F8 powertrain relationship). I also think this is the reason for the long delay in the SUVs launch since the V8 and V6 hybrid drivetrains were not ready. Once the V6 little brother is launched the SUV will follow shortly.

MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    This is the only interesting thing, for me, in the article: could the GTC idea not be dead after all?
    Or in other words, could it be possible that I haven’t bought my last new Ferrari ?

MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Motors recently published that.

The Ferrari Purosangue will be a volume model, despite the high price it will have

Despite these circumstances, a British magazine claims to have seen a series of Ferrari documents with very relevant information from the F175, as the Purosangue is known internally. Go ahead that one of those responsible for the project is a newcomer from Porsche who has also led the developments of the Porsche Cayenne, so experience in very sporty SUVs accumulates to spare. It is Michael Leiters, Ferrari technical director, one of those who has also been in charge of part of the new SF90.

The British point out that Ferrari’s first SUV will mount a hybrid powertrain based on the 4.0-liter V8 engine with “electric assistance” and a maximum output of 700 hp, something that is evident because it will be a volume model to reduce emissions. In fact, a similar configuration to the new SF90 Stradale is expected, but adding one more electric motor to the three, one per wheel, exceeding 1000 CVand therefore with all-wheel drive on demand, and active rear-wheel steering.

Those from the United Kingdom point out that the Purosangue will have V6, V12 blocks and a plug-in hybrid option. However, there is a very important detail to consider, and that is that the Purosangue will not support electric versions. Your platform does not allow it, and it is not a skateboard-type architecture either, rather it is a aluminum frame based on that of Roma. Will debut in spring 2022, so there is at least one year of testing ahead, extending until the deliveries scheduled for the second half of the year.

456-boy and 9nb like this.
  4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    do we will see or hear anything official from factory in 2021?

5. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Considering the usual time between the launch and the first customer deliveries, if deliveries are in spring 2022 then the Purosangue might well be presented far end of 2021 or beginning of 2022. So the 2021 target is still possible.

MDEL likes this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  7. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud

456-boy and isot like this.
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for the interesting video.
    What is Ferrari testing ? One of the pictures of the GTC4 shows an antenna on the roof. The antenna, probably a GPS one, has a cable that passes through the door and connects to the equipment located inside the car. The fact that this equipment is using an antenna suggest that it could combine GPS data logger with multi-camera video recorder or other information.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

dcmetro likes this.
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    MOTOR 1 published an analysis of the above latest video.

"If your gaze lingers a bit longer, however, you'll notice something isn't right here. The backside of the GTC4Lusso is virtually scraping the ground. It's clearly loaded down with something heavy, and a container visible in the passenger seat suggests water or some other liquid. It enters Fiorano, stops briefly, and proceeds to make very slow loops on an empty stretch of tarmac. Props to the test driver for wearing a helmet despite speed slow enough for fast-walking pedestrians to keep up. But hey, with such a heavy load on board, safety always comes first.

The video was posted by Varryx on YouTube, and the likely answer to at least part of this question is Ferrari Purosangue. That's the forthcoming SUV from the Prancing Horse, and we've seen a few other videos featuring GTC4Lusso test vehicles allegedly riding on Purosangue underpinnings. The rumor mill says Ferrari's SUV will basically be a higher-riding version of the GTC4Lusso, so this could well be a max-load test of its suspension. As for the electronics on the roof, that could be transmitting real-time data to a remote location.

We know it's not stress-testing for a new GTC4Lusso. Ferrari confirmed last August that production for the V12 model and the twin-turbo-V8 GTC4Lusso T was ending. As the practical Prancing Horse with rear seats and decent boot space, the demise of the GTC4Lusso suggests the Purosangue is indeed on-deck to be the new family-friendly Ferrari.
    For now, it seems testing is still progressing slowly. Given the content of this video, we mean that in more ways than one. "

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper and 456-boy like this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    When you copy parts from a Maserati and from an Alfa Romeo and try to mix them to make a Purosangue that's what happens. In this picture the whole is lesser than the sum of its parts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

456-boy and WilliamB like this.
  11. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  12. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Even though I’m not a pro SUV... this is so exciting to see they’re hard testing the car!! That means the mechanics are almost definitive, and the bodywork still under development and heavily camouflaged - here still with a Levante body.

Caeruleus11, Daytonafan and MDEL like this.
  13. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this is not maserati?

14. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Do my ears deceive me or is that the howl of a V12 as it pulls away?

15. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    This mule wears a Levante body but with many modifications and a heavy camouflage, like the mules previously spotted at Maranello - could certainly be the same mule here in the snow.

But the rims indicate the mule is most certainly a Purosangue mule.

MDEL likes this.
  16. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Sorry - on closer listening it sounds like a turbo V8

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    To my ears that sound is missing some of the higher frequencies of the V12s and I find it identical to the one of the Portofino bi-turbo V8.

WilliamB likes this.
  18. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the link to the Autocar article. I found this particularly interesting;

"The Purosangue name is also used to describe the family of new GT models Ferrari plans to launch over the next four years, with a claimed push towards versatility and comfort. Among them will be a replacement for the now-axed GTC4 Lusso, whose own future doesn’t depend on the launch of the SUV."

So the FF/Lusso shooting brake concept will live on :)

Thelovelyrock18, Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I don't think so. The FUV will have the cargo capacity, but Ferrari have already said they want to go back to elegant 2+2's.

Something like the Roma but larger is my guess. A modernized 612 would be fantastic.

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ^ I actually like that.

ferrarifanatic25, MDEL and G. Pepper like this.
  22. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Caeruleus11 likes this.