The Purosangue Thread | Page 32 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    As far as I know FUV will be quite small , nothing to do with Urus but something more with Alfa Romeo Stelvio . It will be light and a low center of gravity .

MDEL and crinoid like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes. If they keep their word that it will not be a truck and will not climb rocks. I think they will.

3. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    Stelvio is not so small compare to Urus

Caeruleus11 and Boomhauer like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Actually it is:
    Stelvio: 4.71 x 1.96 x 1.67 metres.
    Urus: 5.11 x 2.02 x 1.64 metres.

Gianfranco341 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Nice video and it shows that in terms of pure acceleration the Urus and the Stelvio quadrifoglio are similar. In 2017 the Stelvio quadrifoglio was the fastest SUV around Nurburgring Nordschleife with 7 minutes and 51.7 seconds lap time. However, last November, the camouflaged new Audi SUV RS Q8 showed that the Stelvio is in a different category. The NEW RS Q8 lapped Nurburgring in 7 minutes 42.253 seconds and that's some three seconds faster than the Renault Megane Trophy-R. This Audi lap time is a big challenge should Ferrari attempt a Nurburing Nordschleife new SUV record . Let's hope that Ferrari doesn't say once more that it doesn't care about Nurburgring proving on such real and challenging conditions that the Purosangue is the fastest SUV on hearth.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Why would they suddenly care about it?

7. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    beacuse Ferrari is too old to act childish and should stop take offense when Ferrari is not the fastest :p

8. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    this is great time for sport suv :) this big fat cars are now seriously fast , I wonder how fast is RS Q8 compared to 15 years old M5 V10. It will be funny when in the future we will have really fast suv that will beat cars like Enzo on the track :D

MDEL likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am all for track battles; proper tracks though, not the Ring.

10. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    I don't understand. You blame Nurburgring because its global speed benchmark?
    Not long ago Japanese with their Lexus LFA and Americans with Viper come to Germany to participate in exciting lap time battles.
    Nobody force them to fight on Nurburgring.
    If Ferarri is against nurburgring then maybe they should promote other track? Ofcoures they will never make Fiora available for public :D

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's a german marketing ploy, basically Porsche's. Ferrari doesn't care about it, McLaren doesn't care about it. The only reason that Lamborghini care is because they are owned by the Germans, they didn't care before that.

Borrow’d Mine, RamsHmb and SVR like this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Your question can't be answered in a few words but I think Ferrari should care about it and that's the reason why.
    Nowadays every major car manufacturer uses the Nordschleife to test and fine tune their cars to make them perform at the highest level before releasing them to the public. Jackie Stewart once said about the Ring: “For a quick lap at the Nürburgring, you've probably experienced more in seven minutes and six or seven seconds than most people have experienced in all their life in the way of fear, in the way of tension, in the way of animosity towards machinery and to a racetrack.” Because of that for a brand to be able to say that their car performs well at the ring is a badge of honor.
    Recently Ferrari’s chief technical officer Michael Leiters revealed about the Purosangue “I think we’ve found a concept and a package which is on one side a real SUV and will convince SUV customers to buy it, but on the other side there’s a huge differentiation of concept to existing SUVs.” If Ferrari admits that the Purosangue is on one side a real SUV totally oriented for this market clientele, its inevitably that it will be compared with the most performant SUVs other brands make. The Purosangue being Ferrari's first SUV represents an enormous challenge that the brand can't afford to loose. The success of the Purosangue IMO depends on a design and a performance that are both almost faultless.
    Ferrari will have to accept that the Purosangue is entering a territory where the brand has yet something to prove. Personally I can't think of a better place to do that than the Ring where Ferrari will be able to show to the world that the Purosangue is a differentiated SUV and really a very fast Ferrari.

Caeruleus11, Boomhauer and SVR like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Monopole likes this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not every major manufacturer. Ferrari doesn't, nor does McLaren.
    I never cared for Stewart. Actually there was another famous person who called him a half wit: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/oct/10/motorsports.sport
    Why should anyone care about that german rally stage anyway? The old Hockenheim; now that was one good german track! Monza and Spa are much more relevant metrics.

SVR likes this.
  15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Guess this is the new building dedicated to hybrid engines

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. Alib

Alib Rookie

Jun 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Having owned several Ferrari's and various other cars/SUV's I was looking for an SUV that was fun to drive. I went out there and test drove the range of available models. I loved the Lusso but was looking for the higher ingress/egress and visibility of an SUV. I test drove the Urus on three separate occasions including an overnight test drive...I was sold...what an amazing achievement! Long story short I took delivery of my 2019 Urus about 10 days ago. Its an amazing combination of comfort, sportiness and utility. The suspension is truly sublime and the range of sportiness to comfort is something Ive never experienced in a vehicle before. I for one am really looking forward to the release of the Purosangue at which time I will consider getting one. Ferrari has their work cut out for them as the Urus truly is a new benchmark.

19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ferrari already revealed that the Purosangue will have more power than any other brand SUVs. The Purosangue will probably be available with alternative engines, a V8 turbo or a V12 NA eventually with hybridization. Ferrari thinks they’ve found with the Purosangue a concept and a package which is on one side a real SUV that will convince SUV customers to buy it, but on the other side will have a huge differentiation of concept to existing SUVs. Let's wait with expectancy to see what they've come up with.
    The 4-5 years time gap between the Urus and the Purosangue plays a technological advantage for Ferrari. All the positive aspects you mentioned about the Urus and specifically the suspension, most certainly will be improved in the Purosangue just by using the latest technology available. Aapart from the design, another completely unknown aspect of the Purosangue are the dimensions. Will it have a length and a width like the Lusso or will it be more like the Urus ?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    V12? too good to be real ... but who knows, latest rumors say that LaFerrari successor will be ultra light car with NA V12 and no electric motor

21. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Something to look out for. I though have 2 question, would you use the Urus as a daily drive? And, when one only would buy a Purosangue after test drive, would one be able to owe one early 2022 (taking in mind how long it takes from introduction to market)?

22. Alib

Alib Rookie

Jun 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I use this the Urus as a daily and each time I drive it it feels incredibly special.
    I don't know when Purosange will be ready for test drives...looks like 22.

WilliamB and Astrid.Didier like this.
  23. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Then 90% the Purosange will be hybrid!

24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    With the sf90, Fuv and Roma will there be much point to a front engine 2 seats like the 812 successor other than tradition?