SUSPECT ebay auction for Michael Jordan S600 | FerrariChat

SUSPECT ebay auction for Michael Jordan S600

Discussion in 'Other German' started by Bradwilliams, Aug 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-S-600/224116792771

Here's a suspect auction in progress. My friend sent me this car a few days ago (he knows I've always had my eye out for the perfect C140 for years) and I figured hey let's take a crack at this. I call up Beverly hills car club who is nice and cordial over the phone and they tell me it's going to ebay auction. Fair enough, this car is typically worth 7-11 grand with this high mileage and condition, celebrity factor while cool typically adds little to no value. I then start reading articles and hype that they have been putting out to the media FULL OF LIES. They claim that this was the car he was chased in days before his retirement back in 1993. An obvious lie as this car is a 1996. Anyway, I politely brought it to the salesman's attention in the email, who doubled down on the lie when I pointed it out. Which makes me now wonder if this is even legitimate. I've seen plenty of dealers pull this stunt in the past 5 or 10 years. Anyway, there is NO WAY this car is worth a penny over 18 grand. Shill bids galore. Looks like they are trying to "set a price" on the car. I'll bet they bought it from the last owner for 12 grand LOL!!!

They're always looking for an angle in this business.

2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed