supercharging a mondial 8 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

supercharging a mondial 8

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by smg2, Oct 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I have all the sketches and jigs, so I could make another one...it's a lot of work to fab it though and there are a lot of little things that need to be modified to install it. Figure an extra $3k in the budget if you want a custom intake.

Paul (TurboQV) had Norwood do a turbo on his QV a couple years a go. IT makes 450 hp of so if I recall and he is in CA and gets through smog. Maybe shoot him a PM?

2. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    When boosting a Ferrari, (either Turbo or Supercharged). Do they still sound like a Ferrari, or like a Porsche?

3. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    500hp? Did he have to do anything with the tranny, etc to handle the increased hp?

4. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    if you make it work can you share the details ie the inlet and mounting brackets so i can get them cnc made

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Really? Black bumpers and all?

6. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
  7. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Just the clutch. There are a few options ranging in price from about $800 to $5000. I'm using a $3500 triple disc carbon-carbon unit an am quite happy with it.

I spoke to Norwood and they said they've put 800hp (30 psi boost)though a 308 gearbox

8. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey Mark

You have a pm my friend :)

9. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    GEEZ! I thought those Jag read ends were tough...

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    #35 judge4re, Oct 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
  12. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    In my best bevis and butthead voice...
    Ahhh he said blower, ha ha ha
    shut up butthead, I want to hear the batmobile again.

13. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    With a by-paas valve installed, there is zero blower noise at low power (vacuum), but the noise increases as you open the throttle far enough to see boost. The mpeg is when I had a rootd blower fitted, you can just hear it at about 3 psi and the clip is 9-10psi. Now I have a screw type blower, you start to hear it at about 4-5 psi and at 15-20 bounds like the clip. That is with a K&N air filter, I'm sure a proper air box would greatly reduce the sound.

14. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    an update:
    i have been in contact with ASA and they are very interested in working on a project that involves FI for the 308. hopefully something will come of this. i'm working on developing the brackets and using the existing CIS system much to everyones chagrin. the reason is not everyone can see the need to spend 10k on a 15-20k car for extra hp. for that you can move to another model. also it would keep the factory injection in place and alow for removal upon smog inspection back to factory specs.

i have contacted Bosch also and am awaiting the bosch k-jet factory manual, that this is expensive! but hopefully will be worth the money spent. just for maintaining the system as is might be worth it.

i have talked to some of the older bosch mechanics and they seem to be in agreement that the CIS should be able to handle the extra flow without issue, however the need to increase fuel pressure with boost is an unknown. the k-jetE system is different from the simple mechanicle one.

so now the R&D begins, hopefully there are some others out there who would be interested in a project like this other than me.

i'll keep you all posted...

15. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
  16. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003