Supercars in Iran (Pics & Vids) | FerrariChat

Supercars in Iran (Pics & Vids)

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Iran Supercars, Jul 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #1 Iran Supercars, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #2 Iran Supercars, Jul 27, 2007
  3. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
  4. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #4 Iran Supercars, Jul 27, 2007
  5. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #5 Iran Supercars, Jul 27, 2007
    Iran Khodro PAYKAN. The Paykan is considered Iran's national pride and has a deep history within Iran. Production of the venerable Paykan ended in May 2005. It will be replaced by the Renault Logan and Iran's new national car, the Samand.

The car is the butt of many jokes, and I believe you will like some of them:

Q. How do you make a Paykan accelerate 0 - 60 mph in less than 15 seconds?
    A. Push it off a cliff.

Q. What is found on the last 2 pages of every Paykan owner's manual?
    A. The bus schedule.

Q. What did the auto parts counterman say when the customer said "I'll take a set of wiper blades for my Paykan"?
    A. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Q. Why do Paykans come with heated rear windows?
    A. To keep your hands warm while you're pushing them.

Q. What do you call a Paykan at the top of a hill?
    A. A mirage.

Q. What do you call two Paykans at the top of a hill?
    A. A miracle.

Q. How do you double the value of a Paykan?
    A. Fill up the gas tank.

Q. What do you call a Paykan with brakes?
    A. Customized.

Q. How do you make a Paykan go faster downhill?
    A. Turn off the engine.

Q. What do you call Paykan passengers?
    A. Shock absorbers.

Q. How do you improve the appearance of a Paykan?
    A. Park it between two Porsches.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    That girl on a bike is hot,would look hot even if the pic was taken in Paris.
    Shame the people in Iran have to deal with these crazies in power......

7. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Haha, great stuff! thx for sharing.

8. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    "absent" you are correct, unfortunatley the Iranian people are suffering very badly at the hands of the ruling mullahs, whom are dictators and blood thirsty animals. Some of the youth turn to living on the edge, because they do not know if they will ever live to see anything else.

Video and story of recent public hanging in Iran:
    http://secretcommunique.blogspot.com/2007/07/testing.html

9. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Say the guy married(?) to Miss Poland. tsk tsk.

:D

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I'm still allowed to appreciate a beauty when I see it,am I?
    I do "behave" but there is nothing wrong in "looking" or acknowledging someone's "assets...

11. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal

nice assets. ;)

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Woah, seriously? Pic plz! :D

13. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    To any police in iran trying to enforce that rule to the lady. GOOD Luck catching that R1.

14. K.D.K

K.D.K F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2007
    Destiny
    Full Name:
    Fruit Cake
    I would think they would have problems with spare parts...no?

15. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Ali, is that your site? The tuned SL is done by Fab Design not Hamann (unless you mean it has Hamann mechanic tuning, which isn't visible from pics). The kit for the white SL with SLR front comes from Lotec (or at least I know Lotec does such a kit - not sure if it is the exact same one as on the car).

16. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Marek, you know your cars very very well and you have a good eye. Thank you, I have made both of those corrections and I have credited you. If you get a chance, please check the Lotec website and see which version (A, B, or C) do you think the Iranian SL looks like?

Thanks

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome to this site, Ali.....

And thank you for sharing your perspectives with us.

And the girl on the bike....LOL!

Best wishes for the future, which cannot be denied by those wielding power.

18. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Ali, definately looks like a type C - see the front bottom bumper; type A and B are completely different. A and B just give the SL an SLR nose, the bottom bumper remains unchanged from the SL-look (only in Version B the top of the bumper is slightly altered to flow with the F1 nose better). In version C you can clearly see also the bottom bumper looks like the SLR. The rear is definitely not the Lotec kit. I'll try to find out what it is.

19. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Also, if it is indeed a Lotec kit (and I haven't spotted any detail which would suggest otherwise) I think you can feel very honoured. Lotec is an extremely rare company and I have never previously seen any photos of that kit apart from their site. Not even from Dubai! ;)

20. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Oh my lord! Thanks again. By the way, how do you know all this stuff, are you just an online car junkie or have you lived in a Gulf state before?

Correct me if I'm wrong, did you not say that the back portion of the white SL in Iran does NOT match the Lotec type C?

21. PrenupTB

PrenupTB Rookie

May 1, 2007
    USA
    Question for you Iran Supercars. That girl on the motorcycle. Will she most likely be flogged in prison, or is she a part of the ruling class and gets a free pass with stuff like that. Isn't she taking a huge risk and by you taking a picture of her, don't you put her in even more danger?

Thanks.

22. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
    In Iran anything can be fixed with money. You tip the police officers who are usually teens because they are serving the country (Mandatory Soldier Period) and you can do whatever you want. Heck ride nude, but fear not my friend if you get in the hand of some crazy religious person. Then you'll have to take it in the ....

23. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    I've been a car junkie since aged 6 :D Knowledge comes from browsing internet, magazines, catalogues. There are many with a wider knowledge than me though, dont worry ;) You should check out the Vinatge Ferraris forum here - those guys are crazy with how much they know on the old cars and races!!

And yes, the rear does not look like the Lotec kit. I am trying to find tuners that did a dual 3piece exhaust but not having much luck. I know Brabus did something like that, but the white SL doesn't seem to be a Brabus rear end either.

As to the Gulf state part - yes. I lived in Dubai 1990-97, but that doesn't have much to do with what I know about cars. I commented with "Not even in Dubai!", because I have seen literally thousands of photos of cars from Dubai and it seems practically every fairly modern sports/supercar can be found there (both in stock and modified version ;)).

24. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    "PrenupTB," if that girl is caught then she will without question be arrested for "indecent islamic behaviour." Many things can happen to her in prison, including a good flogging. If her actions were political, rape, beatings and death are not uncommon. Yes she is taking a huge risk and yes her picture may put her in danger, but I did not take that pic and there's plenty of worse stuff on the net they'll want to go after (ie: cell phone sex tapes; nude pics).

Msoltanian is correct in that she may be able to pay off the authorities or if she has special "connections." In general, family members of the ruling class are millionaires and are above the law. He's exaggerating about riding in naked, because nobody is that stupid, they keep those things underground.

25. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #25 Iran Supercars, Aug 27, 2007
    Car: 2006-07 Rolls Royce Phantom
    Date: August 25, 2007 (noon)
    City: Tehran (infront of Nayeb Restaurant)
    Story: Photos taken exclusivley for IranSupercars of never before seen Phantom inside Iran. The photographer said the driver looked very ugly.