"Supercars Exposed" on SPEEDTV with Dusty! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

"Supercars Exposed" on SPEEDTV with Dusty!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Feb 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chriscrocker1

chriscrocker1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2008
    And really much of the stuff that comes out of the so.cal section.

2. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I liked it, always been a fan of those LCACs. Seems they want to compare everything to the CGT. Does anyone know if the S7 road car tried its hand at the Nuburgring North Loop record? I know the race was probably staged but its possible, isn't it?

Anyone know why the headlights were taped over on the silver CGT? I was thinking to contain the pieces should the CGT wreck but then why wasnt the Ford GT headlights taped?

Alex if you didnt catch the 10pm monday showing or the 6am tuesday showing theres one at 9:30pm saturday it seems.

3. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

My guess is that the CGT was being raced on the track with the Fords and the headlights were covered in racers tape to prevent a possible stone chip to the headlights. New headlight units for the CGT are uber-expensive and the racers tape offers cheap insurance.

4. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

I think all of those here criticizing the show need to lighten up a bit. Will the show go down in history alongside “Gone with the Wind” as a great American classic, of course not. But given that the show is produced in the good ol’ U.S.A., official home of NASCRAP, I think the show is a success and I enjoy watching it.

It is great to see a show about, or mostly about, European exotics here in the U.S.

BTW, my thanks to Alex and all of the others here who have allowed their cars to be filmed for the show.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman

Me too! After contributing to the USO, my family and I actually got a ride in one of those Beasts a couple of years ago - I sat where Tanner sat in the Pilots deck as well as below. The transition from terra firma to the ocean is so smooth. One could barely feel the transition.

What a great vehicle. Last year when we had fires in Santa Catalina Island, the LCACs brought Fire Engines and Fighters to the Island. Good use of tax payers' dollars in my book.

6. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Trust me, there have been far worse episodes than that one.

To be honest, I'd prefer a show closer to the Test Drive episodes than the current format. Sure, they are more advertising for the brand than anything else, but having the manufacturers get involved supplying cars/drivers/etc is a GOOD thing. Right now, there's about 5 minutes of actual content, and around 20 minutes of useless coverage.

7. VRAlexander

VRAlexander Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Well guys, I just spoke with the director of SPEED Chanel, tune in next monday for SUPERCARS EXPOSED. The show will have Eddie Bello's car as well as mine on it.

8. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Do you believe Americans are incapable of producing a quality television show about cars?

9. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I think that any advertising based network is doomed with a show trying to be like Top Gear, as they would never trash the manufacturers that they are pandering to for advertising. Something like HBO, etc., maybe, although it doesn't quite fit with their lineup.

10. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Hi it's Blake...I can't wait to see your car on Supercars Exposed again! You should bring it down to South Beach one day :)

11. VRAlexander

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Hi Blake,
    I might be down there sooner than you think... I threw down a challenge against a Twin Turbo Gallardo vs. my PORSCHE (50mph roll on to whatever top speed) and he accepted! =)

12. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Awesome. I'd love to see your car when you come down. Give us a heads up...I know other people would love to see your crazy CGT :)

13. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I don't believe that. No television show needs automotive advertising. There are a bazillion other advertisers out there and, being in the advertising game, it's the dudes selling advertising that are short-sighted.

14. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The guys from Supercars Exposed were at the Long Beach Grand Prix today shooting more footage.

15. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Supercars Exposed was a repeat last night. I thought it was going to be a new episode.

16. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    The new episodes are on Mondays at 6:00

17. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Supercars Exposed is currently talking with some fellow Fchatters from the Norcal section about being part of an episode. :)

18. VRAlexander

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Last night's filming of Supercars Exposed 'Ultimate Street Car Shootout' was the most fun of all so far...This WILL be, in my opinion, the best SE show so far..... Stay tuned!

19. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It will be difficult for them to get all of that footage they took into a 30 minute show. It will definatly be action packed!!!

20. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Great time last night,
    except for the viper spin out and this stupid silver turbo, man guy shows up 6 hours late and steals the show, and leaves....wtf is that about

21. VRAlexander

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas
    So what you are saying is that you don't like the 'Go Deep, Go Hard and get the #$ck out attitude' towards racing?? lolololololol

Thank you Charlie, we would have not made it their at all without your help!

22. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    np Alexander, anytime buddy...I still think the helicopter on freeway with search light was for us....haha

23. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  24. VRAlexander

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas