Supercar event of the year, huge thanks! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Supercar event of the year, huge thanks!

Discussion in 'New England' started by JoeyM, Oct 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Interesting detail they posted...but my only question is, you can copyright your posts in a forum like this? If what you're saying is so important that you feel it needs copyright protection, should you be just posting it in a public forum?

COPYRIGHT UCONN HUSKY :D

2. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry Jay,
    I already copyrighted the phrase "but my only question is", meaning you have violated copyright law and now must surrender the F355 to me straight away ;)

--Mike

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Unless you had one that got car sick and puked in your car like happened to Chester in his M3

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    While certainly not the coolest of mishaps, I'm betting he would do it again tommorrow if given the chance.

5. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Hey Lane that was a great ride you lead us on, I was the third car behind you. Some really nice twisties and was surprised the Caddy never went off the road.

6. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #56 Saint Bastage, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    Thanks Scott...We worked hard to make sure the route was as near perfect as possible. If you ever get the chance to experience those roads un-impeded, go for it. They are incredible at about 20 over what we were doing.

I was also concerned about the Caddy but they did OK.

7. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It should also be noted that apparently only one car had mechanical problems on Sunday (a Porsche) and there were no tickets or accidents that I heard about either.

I had one very close encounter with a deer, but that was on I-95 on the way to Foxwoods. Damn thing ran right behind my car, jumped the median barrier and made it across all lanes of traffic without getting hit. It was a little disconcerting to see it in my rear view mirror as it bolted accross, 'cause it was a BIG one. Could have been ugly, if we had been going just a little slower.....

It's that time of year guys. Be on the lookout for deer darting out of the woods as you drive the roads. I know we usually are on the back roads, but they can cause problems on the freeways when you least expect it too. And when you see one, slow down, because there are usually others nearby.

8. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.

Did she actually get sick in the car, or was he able to pull over and she puked on the ground ?

9. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    I believe it was ground the 1st time and in a bag the 2nd. The m3 interior was safe.

10. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Which Porsch broke down? That's 2 for 2, since that brand new 2010 GT3 failed in August at the event. ....

What model Caddy led the group??

11. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    The Porsche was the heavily modified black 996 911. The Caddy was an XLR-V.

12. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    I do not think the Caddy was a leader he followed Lane. I believe it was the XLR-V
    Rob beat me to it. Darn blackberry's

13. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    Hey were was I when all the models were surrounding Uconnhusky, ..... Had a great time, even though I got may group a little lost on the rally, but I rebounded thanks to the iphone maps and caught back up with another group,, Thanks Manolis, Lane, David, and thanks to Carrie for giving the plane off her back so I could give both of franks kids a plane pin ( they are plane nuts) when is the next one of these.

14. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    how do I find those videos?

15. JoeyM

JoeyM Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    RI
    Full Name:
    Joey M
    #65 JoeyM, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Lizak187

Lizak187 Rookie

Jan 14, 2009
    Lynnfield MA
    Full Name:
    Steven L.
    Supercar roadtrips was good times and had a blast!

here's the model story:

Here comes rally time....SO manoli was on the mic and was like we have 10 models who would like to go on the rally i walked up i was like yupp ill take 3 lol...girls were very very hot and my age i actually live around the corner from one go figure....

SO we start the rally and we got a tad bit off track due to lights and intersections and such so me and sam had to navigate aorund to get on the path....once we get back on track we were briskly driving on like a 14 mile road with twists turns and elevation changes...

All of a sudden

"hey steve i think im going to be sick comes from the backseat...." i was like NO!!! No!!! ill pull over and i ran off the side of the road !! opened my door let her out and BARFFFFFFFFFF she was blowing chunks like a champ.....other girls in the car... i nicely got out and assured her its ok it happenes to all of us...grabbed her a water from my trunk and a microfiber to whipe away pukeyness...i had a puma bag in my trunk so i gave her this and was like if your gonna puke puke into this if i cant stop in time...

i then suggested she sit in the front seat and we roll down the windows so we could get some air....i got off track again and was like 30 miles away from foxwoods....girls had a tuff time wih the map in the back ...but that was ok we gps'd it

so im 2 miles away from foxwoods and all of a suden...."steve im gonna puke again ....THE BAG PUKE IN THe BAG...BARFFFFFFFFFFF she starts puking in the car in the bag i runn off the side of the road again in my car she opens the door gets out bag goes flying and a BARFFFFF chunks again......she then cleans up gets back in the car and says she feels much better

We were over an hr late returning from the rally i pull in and everybody was just like where the hell have they been and then see me get out of the car with 3 models lol....go figure right

All in all she was a great sport and no puke got on the inside of the car and all is well.

17. SPhilli911

SPhilli911 Rookie

Aug 16, 2009
    #67 SPhilli911, Oct 28, 2009
  18. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    #68 Falcon, Oct 29, 2009
    I found a picture of the car at Concorso Hartford 2008. Would anyone have a picture in which you can read the sign? I would like to know how the car was represented.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. JoeyM

JoeyM Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    RI
    Full Name:
    Joey M
    Thanks for the great pics!

20. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    +1 Really enjoying the pics
    Thanks for shooting and sharing with us!!!

- Ed -

21. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    hey joey i didnt know you lived in RI, oh and by the way if any one else is looking for my vids you can find on youtube as carstalkerz, and on facebook my pics are up thre you can add me on facebook as casey boyle pretty obvious which one itll be

22. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
  23. SPhilli911

SPhilli911 Rookie

Aug 16, 2009
    Thanks! I'm glad you all like them. I definitely enjoyed taking them. :D

24. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    Peter -
    Carrie says thanks for telling her about the broken necklace and you are very welcome for the little jet pin.

Lizak-
    Glad it worked out ok.

Sean-
    Those pictures are great!!!!!!!!!!

25. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike