Sunday June 11 - "California Dreamin" ER Run | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Sunday June 11 - "California Dreamin" ER Run

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Ciao Bello 348, Jun 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhillyM5

PhillyM5 Karting

Apr 27, 2006
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Robin L
    Smooth Operator....

2. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Hahah.

Yeah Em.. Next time you go on a corvette run in NJ, would you mind picking me up? Ill make sure you dont get cold.

3. Nsx Pilot

Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006

If you host the pics I will gladely take out the plates for you or you can use the smudge tool in photoshop to do it. As far as the video I usually host it and only send it to the people I know and the ones on the run with instructions not to repost or send to others.

4. Nsx Pilot

Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
  5. emilie

emilie Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    underestimated
    Full Name:
    silent E
    Yeah that was so weird - I got through EZ pass pretty quick and did my customary 0-60...then I slowed up because I thought I had somehow gotten ahead or something...then I saw one of the bmws tear past me and I figured he was one of us, so I got on it and caught up with you guys.

Jason, I would definitely be up for that but I was coming from a friend's house. I am a Manhattan girl for the most part :/

And with photoshop, you can also take an eyedrop 'sample' of the plates background, then choose an applicator with a diameter wide enough to blot out the #'s. I usually leave the last 2 digits of mine, though!

I've made it to Detroit. So far, its pretty cool :D

6. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Great pictures.

7. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Hey Em -- I feel so silly -- I told you we could hang back together on the run but you blew way past me!! Guess I was still a little too pedal shy from the big NJ ticket and just not willing to white knuckle it too much. That's definitely a nice black beast you drive though (and of course you're a great driver, so keep'in up with you is a lot of fun).

Enjoy Detroit and see you on a future run I'm sure.
    J.

8. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    have fun in detroit...make sure you do some sightseeing, i hear the ghetto is really nice this time of year:)

9. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Hahah

10. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    P.S. I didnt mean to sound like I was making fun of your trip. There was two parts to my response:

1) "have fun in detroit..." I meant it. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

2) "make sure you do some sightseeing, i hear the ghetto is really nice this time of year:)"....umm yeah...ghetto:)

11. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2006
    Manhattan,NY
    Full Name:
    Ludmilla
    Hi, Everyone. It looks like I've missed a great run. Marcello left for Europe and I was very sick (not because he left or may be:(???) He will be in London on July 1 and I will be there to meet my sweet stalion.
    I will be in Europe until the end of August and will gladly meet anyone of you and take you for a spirited drive on the autobahn or french autorout. No, I will not let you drive my car, but will share a dinner with you.
    Here is my approximate schedule:
    July1-6 London or somewhere in England (they use speed cameras, no police on the roads:). I smile for photo and keep driving. They have no idea where to send a ticket to, since I have NY license plate)
    July 6-13 visiting my friends in France. Start with Paris and than A10 to Bordeaux.
    July 13-20 have to rush to the Northern Italy for a race (part of Ferrari Club of Italia's events). Wish me luck:). My Italian friends will wave American flags for me.
    July 20-31 I will be in Berlin. Which means that my staff is in the hotel and Marcello and I are somewhere and everywhere, using an unlimited speed lane.
    August 1-end I live in Chamonix/ Mont Blanc. Great place, because I am 80 km off Geneva and 1.5 hours off Turino.
    I am always happy to meet my fellow Americans, especially the F-chatters, therefore, if you are in any of those parts of the woods, email me and do not forget to bring a gift for Marcello. As all Italians he is very moody.
    Have a fun summer:)

12. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Ludmilla have a great time in Europe!! Are you coming on Saturday? If you are please let me know and I will bring something for you. Talk to you soon.

13. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2006
    Manhattan,NY
    Full Name:
    Ludmilla
    I am coming, but do not know where, when and how to reach Peter Lombardo. Please help!!!!!

14. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    4th Annual Village Picnic.
    Date: Saturday, June 17, 2006

Part of the festivities surrounding the FCA/NER Concorso - a Saturday picnic at the Village for Families and Children in Hartford, CT. We'll entertain children and hand out presents, raising money for a great cause.

I will PM you his contact information.

15. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2006
    Manhattan,NY
    Full Name:
    Ludmilla
    Thank you.

16. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    No problem. I also sent you an email.

17. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    #192 niptuck, Jun 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. emilie

emilie Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    underestimated
    Full Name:
    silent E
    Make fun all you like, I am staying a 1 min walk from Cass Corridor (google it) Its pretty badass, but I have my hoodie. There's a CVS where I buy my minestrone soup, but i have yet to find a way to heat it. The vette is safe in a guarded lot, so I figure I'm set. I'm taking lots of pics.

I went to the tigers/devil ray game tonight with a vette buddy. He took me out to dinner so I didnt have to bother with minestrone :D

Ludmilla, enjoy your trip. I was on the autobahn just a few weeks ago. Free roads for free people ;)

Nip has started to raid my photobucket account. Nip, go to bed - your all-nighter has deprived you of sleep and induced madness. I PROMISE i will get the photoshops done asap and post the link. I would post it now, but its a bad idea to have license plates shown on the web.

:D Em

19. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    lol...if this was a corvette forum, you'd be done. I'll sleep on Friday :)

20. emilie

emilie Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    underestimated
    Full Name:
    silent E
    Roast me, then. I can take the heat.

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Well there's your answer to heating up the Minestrone

22. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Ludmilla have fun and be safe out there, post some pictures of Marcello doing his thing.

23. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Nice pics.

I felt left out a bit since more of the pics were taken within the pack and I happen to be the lead car on this run most of the way.

Always good to see the 993 in print...she's lookin' a little more red than usual in the first pic. Maybe I should take her temp and make sure she wasn't runnin' hot. ;)

24. emilie

emilie Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    underestimated
    Full Name:
    silent E
    Eric, I have you clocked at 93 mph on one pic ;)

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/7monsters/ <- Make sure and go to the NYC 6 11 Exotics run album

Enjoy. They arent pro, but they're fun :)

And Shivam, this one's for you. I live in the tall building on the left. The ghetto is very nice this time of year, thanks :)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/7monsters/detroit%20unfinished/DSCN1239-1.jpg

25. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    Nice shot. Make sure you hit up royal oak and ann arbor for some out of ghetto fun. Also check out blue in detroit on woodward.