Sun Valley Road Rally - Anyone Ever Been? | FerrariChat

Sun Valley Road Rally - Anyone Ever Been?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by JasonSpidey, Jun 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonSpidey

JasonSpidey Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    Anybody have any experience with the Sun Valley Road Rally? Was invited to go next month, but don't know that much about it.

Website makes it sound cool (3.6 miles of speed-limit-free driving, great mix of old and new cars, etc.), but I'd love to hear some firsthand opinions if anyone's ever been.

2. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Never heard of it, post the website

Sounds fun though

3. mswncity

mswncity Karting

Feb 10, 2012
    Hailey, ID
    Greetings from Sun Valley. Have been to the rally the last 4 years and participated twice. An amazing weekend if you enjoy cars and speed. The event has grown dramatically the last two years. When the Veyrons started to post speeds in the 240s the national attention brought more spectators (the spectator seating sold out early last year). There is a cruise around Ketchum on Friday evening and the rally cars and others are parked in the town square from 6pm to 8pm. Nice chance to see the cars. The event is Saturday July 23rd this year. Details and tickets are here: https://sunvalleyroadrally.com/roadrally/ Hope you can make it over!

4. HOBE456

HOBE456 Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Agree with MSWNCITY, an unforgettable weekend for sure. I don't have my 458 out there but do have a little 911 Turbo that I will be participating in this year.

5. HOBE456

HOBE456 Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    another suggestion, search you tube for Sun Valley Road Rally and lots more film will show up.

6. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    not made it yet just seen the videos of the veyrons and such would love to go its coming up very soon

7. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I wrote a song about Sun Valley Road years ago when I had a piano gig in one of their ski lodges. You can hear a clip of it on my website, www.greggiacona.com

I love Sun Valley, would love to own a condo there someday.
    Greg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I haven't heard a whole lot of confirmations about what cars will be there. On their FB page they did mention two One-77s. Singer will also be there but not sure which cars they're bringing. O'Gara Coach appears to have returned as a sponsor so perhaps some Bugattis will show up.

9. mswncity

mswncity Karting

Feb 10, 2012
    Hailey, ID
    Another great event. Aston One77, two 675LT's (one coupe, one spyder) one Veyron and many many other cool fast cars. Official event video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag1WstqabwU and there are many others on YouTube. Enjoy!

10. bradb1us

bradb1us Karting

Jun 19, 2009
    Utah
    I was there in the white Huracan Spyder. Great, great event! Will go back again.