Summary of LA trip | FerrariChat

Summary of LA trip

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Workwise: Don't ask. "The operation was a success but the patient died."

Otherwise: Met Byron from the Ferrari Driving Club. Amazingly cool guy who braved LA rush hour traffic to show me around. Went to Black on Black and saw a black Enzo. Very quiet car, amazingly quiet. My 328 is louder at idle. I'm sure that changes as the revs goes up. Finally saw a 246 in person, along with a 365 GTC/4.

Went to FX Performance. A state of the art facility with a great bunch of guys running it.

Drove around LA with Byron (in a zero-ground-clearance 348 Challenge, no less!). Traffic is killer there. At 7 PM there is no movement in any direction. There's no way you could get me to move there.

Car spotting: old MINI in great shape, Porsche 356 coupe, 1950s Mercedes 190 conv., and of course Byron's car.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very cool, I hope to make a similar trip soon.

3. wesleyd

wesleyd Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Next time you're out there, get down to Orange County, and you might have a different impression. Of course, the traffic on the freeways will be very similar, but the cities are nicer. I can only imagine what it would be like to take PCH from Seal Beach to Dana Point, in a Ferrari, with the top off. (and Rob, since I think I recall seeing you're a cyclist, that is an awesome route on a bike. In fact, Orange County as a whole is a cycling paradise.)