stuck rear windows on Mondial t cabriolet | FerrariChat

stuck rear windows on Mondial t cabriolet

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jim rosenthal, Sep 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    Howdy all...you guys have a great and active forum. Perhaps I can get some info on a problem with my '90 t cabriolet...the rear windows won't move. The fuses are intact, and it sounds like they are trying to move, but can't. They don't appear to be stuck to the top seals. I have read in SCM that rear window issues are common on Mondials. When I first got the car, about 2000, we replaced the rear window motors. The car is stored indoors 99% of the time.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can fix these, or what to look at? On this car, it is not possible to lower the soft top unless the windows are already down- the geometry prevents that (and the manual says not to do it, either).

Appreciate any help...

2. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Try and tap on the motors with a flat rod sometimes it works, the grease inside gets hard and binds them you need to work the windows at least once a week. I replaced mine two years ago and still have problems bad design.

DM

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Gently help the glass down with the palm of your hand

4. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    I'll try that. It IS a bad design, and I didn't know they needed to be run all the time. Last time out they worked; this time they didn't. Sounds like this might be the typical story with them...thanks for the help.