Stretching | FerrariChat

Stretching

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Devilsolsi, Sep 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Anyone have links to, or know where I can find information and pics on different stretching routines? I am primarily interested in the neck, back and shoulder areas.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'd like to know more info on this as well.

My mom see's a physical therapist on occassion when she experiences certain pains. She massages certain areas of one part of the body to eleviate pain in another. She taugh my mom a stretch for her neck.

Basically put both your hands behind neck, around the base of your skull and push your head down. Do it slowly so you know your limits. When your head is forward, breathe in and out slowly for 10 seconds (longer if you'd like, i like 15-20 although it's tougher). Do the same leaning your head toward one shoulder, and the other. As well as looking upward.

3. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    I'm a little busy right now but I will find some links to appropriate stretches of the c-spine for you later today.

4. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
  5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for the links. Seemed like most of them were focused on the lower body though. While that will come in handy, I am more interested in finding stretches for the my back and upper body.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  7. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    I would recommend the martial arts equiptment of rollers ropes and splitting torture devices but a nice medicine ball is a great tool.

You can use all variations on it. Hanging from a bar stretchs the lower back and doing hanging hail marry's with no weight just your body. Try leaning over grap a bar and pull yourself in feel the strech in your back rotate your grip and alternate.

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I learned all my stretching exercises while involved in martial arts. I still use them today. I suggest you google martial arts stretching as it is very effective at keeping you flexible.