Straight Line Automotive in Dallas? | FerrariChat

Straight Line Automotive in Dallas?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by drewcwsj, Apr 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drewcwsj

drewcwsj Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Drew Childress
    Has anyone dealt with Straight Line Automotive in Dallas. They have a nice selection of Maserati's and I was thinking of making a trip up there. I'd prefer to work with an authorized dealer but not for $10k more.

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/995/show/58701/2006-Maserati-Coupe-GT

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/showroom.cgi?mode=show&dir=995_58701&id=70538

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/995/show/45756/2005-Maserati-Coupe-Cambiocorsa

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/995/show/65278/2006-Maserati-GranSport

Thanks

Drew

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Jeremy Wiggains is the owner.
    Do a search.

3. drewcwsj

drewcwsj Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Drew Childress
  4. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    We just left there. Went to look at a Continental GT that sold this morning before we got there. One of the salemen is Dale B. He is well known in the Dallas area and Ferrari world. I have bought several cars from him over the last 6 years. Great guy, very honest and helpful. Recommend calling him personally.

5. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I bought our 996 from Jeremy. He buys auction cars and flips them and does not pretend to be anything else. I found him very easy and honest to work with, just be prepared to know the car you are looking at with regards to potential maintenance items as the dealership does not know anything about the cars they buy. I went back to him when shopping for our Maserati but found another car elsewhere. Their inventory is MASSIVE.

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

I am pretty sure Dale is working with JAndretti off Oak Lawn... different company that Straight Line...

Straight Line does bring most of their MB in to Park Place... and they seem to cover all their bases ( Has the cars checked out and gets done what needs to before sale ) They take care of their clients

< shrug > just a worthless bit of info.

S

7. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    You are correct, Dale was at Andrettis until last week. He is now at Straightline. Andrettis has hired some ex-Hooters girls to work there-doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

8. drewcwsj

drewcwsj Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Drew Childress
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to head up to Dallas on Saturday and stop by Straight Line and Park Place. Maybe Boardwalk too but I don't see any Coupes in inventory there. My first chance to drive a Maserati. Big decision will be to go with the CC or the manual transmission and luckily both dealers have both types.

Drew

9. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I have known Dale for ten years now. When it is time for a new car, I always call him first,. I have kept up with him through several dealerships. Great guy, I can't say enough nice things about him. Straightline has an unbelievable inventory with new cars coming in every week.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  11. drewcwsj

drewcwsj Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Drew Childress
    Dr John - I let Dale know you referred me. Overall he was quite nice and I was impressed with the size of the place. As far as the Maseratis that I saw I was a little disappointed. Both cars were '06 with low miles but they looked like the prior owners hadn't taken proper care of them. They had a red Spyder that looked like the paint had been buffed with a brillo pad. Too sad. For my first true exotic I really am going to wait to find the perfect car. No dig at Straight Line or Dale but this time they didn't have it. Dale will contact me when he gets anything new in. I do appreciate their business model and hope to be a customer sometime soon.

12. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Thanks for your message Drew. Enjoy the hunt. Similar to hunting and marriage, after you pull the trigger, you are stuck with it. Make sure it is what you want, or you will forever be searching for an upgrade. Dale is nice, honest guy. If he doesn't find the car you want this time around, chances are he will are car Number 2- which is a lot less expensive than wife #2,3,4 ...

13. The car man

The car man Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Wouldn't recommend it.

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Man of few words.

Dale

15. Meh

Meh Rookie

Jul 3, 2011
    TheCarMan...Why? I know Jeremy well and and not passing judgment on any side, just wondering what in your experience left a bad taste in your mouth.

16. Meh

Meh Rookie

Jul 3, 2011
    Still waiting.

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Then please explain.

18. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Interesting. He signs up to resurrect a 3 year old thread to say something bad.

19. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Just to go on the record, I have known him for at least 10 years now and have bought several cars from him . I know a lot of people that have purchased cars from Straightline and I have never heard a complaint. When I am in the market for a new car, they are the first place I look.

20. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Same experience here. I have traded and bought cars from Jeremy. I have also sent quite a few people over that have bought from them. Nothing but good experiences from all. I am curious what the car man's story is.

21. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Agreed, the guys over at Straightline are A+ !

Straightline is on the short list of suggested places to buy nice, high line cars!

Steve

22. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    +1

They are an awesome group of people.

23. ViperDave

ViperDave Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Do they negotiate off of their internet pricing or what's the deal there?

24. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    yes i think so.

25. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    STAY AWAY FROM STRAIGH TLINE. I had a nightmare dealing with them. Misrepresentations and Multiple issues with the car, including an inoperable odometer (so that mileage could not be accurate).
    They kept the car 7 weeks trying to fix it. They kept the title 6 weeks before sending it.
    The car was not accurately described.
    Horrendous communication.
    I ended up sending the car back, losing several thousand dollars (shipping fees, negotiated restocking fee) but it was cheaper than trying to sort out this car. (Yes, I had a PPI done, as well, but the odometer was not caught).
    Once returned, I am still having a nightmare getting my refund of $45,000.
    Don't let them sell to you off of ebay, either, as you lose your protections. They pulled the ad once we had a verbal deal and I have no ebay protection.
    My advice: STAY AWAY from them. Anyone wanting more details about my experience can contact me.
    Rob