storing testarossa for the winter | FerrariChat

storing testarossa for the winter

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bcharbarneau, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bcharbarneau

bcharbarneau Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    What should I do to my testarossa to store it for the winter
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Pump up the tires to 40-45, make sure the battery is fully charged after a good farewell run and turn the battery switch off. I have been doing this for years as I leave my 512TR in FL for the summer. Since its in humid Florida, I also put buckets of water absorber in it. Starts up every fall on a few cranks.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WHERE IS YOUR CARE BEING STORED??

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Lou since my 512TR is up in NY I'll offer to excercise your while you are away :)

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    TR's are very good in the snow. Without anti skid brakes and traction control they work fine. Unless the snow gets over 12 inches you don't need snows. Make sure you have plenty of washer fluid. I also found keeping a small sponge wrapped in a chamois in the side compartment helped to augment the defroster which below 0 deg. f is marginal. Make sure not to fill tank unless you're going to keep driving or park in warm garage as they do tend to gas line freezing. I added dry gas if I filled up at -10 deg f or lower. Leave cardboard under wiper so it dosen't freeze to windshield if you leave it out overnight. Make sure battery is fully charged. Lower tire PSI 2 pounds front and rear. After starting allow to idle until belts stop squeaking.
    That's about it.

6. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I love hearing Napolis' daily driver TR stories!!! I have always thought a TR would do ok in the snow with the mid-engine design. I would think when the snow got deep the front spoiler would start working as a snow plow.

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I've found in snow the trick is not to stop until you've reached your final destination.