Stolen car...please help | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Stolen car...please help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    IMHO, you needed to find a way to get thast done... any delay works against you...

friend with a car... taxi... bus...

get wet...

seriously, are you not going to go to work / school if it's raining? if it was a court hearing... but your honor... it was raining!

Not saying it doesn't SSSUUUCCCKKKK, but I'd go out naked in the snow for $20K+...

2. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Been there, done that. Was it fun? NO, but for 20+G you can bet your life i'd ride in the rain. I'm not trying to be ******, but would you have ridden in the rain if your car was at the police dept waiting for you or they caught the guy that F'ed you?

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Trust me guys I feel you. I've been doing the rain ride thing for a while now but this was no weather to ride in and my boss was going to llet me use her car but didn't get in until late. I know good and well I need to get this asap. Monday I am there at 9am. Thanks again for the concern though. I should know which way things are going to go when I get this info.

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Your local agent can't fax you what you need?

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I've already attempted to get it all faxed to me through the guy who denied the claim. According to him I need to go pick it up at my local agent. It seems so simple to me as well but I think this is there attempt to delay my suit in any way they can.

6. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Your agent should be able to fax you a copy. In my experience with SF, I have received the run around from the adjuster, however when I called the agent and offered to take my business elsewhere the adjuster became much more helpful.

7. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Wow! Big news in my opinion today. As I stated earlier I was having problems getting aa copy from the claims guy in Birmingham so I had to contact my local "friendly" office. I get in touch with them this morning and even though I am still paying these guys for a stolen vehicle to keep my loan rate from rising the secretary answered the phone and immediatly jumps on me.
    Through all this I have not taken my frustration out on any one person and have done my best to stay polite with anyone new to my situation. I nicely asked if she would be able to fax me the paperwork I was requesting or would I need to come down there to pick it up. She replied that the information was included when they renewed my policy and that I should have read it when they sent it. Her next words were that "only old people read those poilicies and that most people just pull out there cards and throw away the rest". Whether this was true or not I could care less. I was just requesting a copy of what they had sent me once and didn't think they would have any problem providing me with the same information. However she insisted that she could not fax me or mail me a copy OR EVEN GIVE ME ONE IF I CAME DOWN THERE! Seems interesting to me. I will keep you updated after I go see my lawyer tomorrow at 4.

8. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Matt, no offense intended, but it really appears that you're taking the long way around all of this. If I was in your shoes, I'd have been standing in the office of my insurance agent demanding a copy of my policy. It's easy to put off a request over the phone, but much harder to turn down a live person standing a few feet away.

9. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don't know if this is big news or not. Call back and ask to speak dircetly to the agent , don't bother with the coffee getters. If that doesn't work you may have to get the lawuer to subpoena the info.

10. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Info has been requested by my lawyer. I would have gone down there but I figured they would give me the run around. Right now with the anger I got I don't need anyone getting in my face trying to tell me what I should have done especially when I am still a paying customer. I can already see this is going to be a long process and even if I do figure out the magical thing I need to get it fixed they are going to drag it out as long as they can.

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Matt,

Once again, sorry for your loss and the whole frustrating situation you find yourself in.

Did you ever find out anything about the notary stamp? Did it have the notary's address or phone number on it? Did it have a State ID number on it that could be cross-referenced with a registry of notaries? The notary had to have seen the ID from "James". He/she might even have a photocopy of it.

We're all hoping things start working in your favor soon (either finding "James", the detective, your battle with State Farm, the weather, something ...).

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    any progress?

13. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Lawyer appointment at 4 on Wed.

14. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What did he say?

15. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I suspect it began something like... I'm close... l just need another $1500...

16. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I have yet to give him a dime. We are requesting exactly when I was notified of when the clause was added into my insurance policy with a letter written up by him. As I stated earlier when I called to get it from my local agent the secretary said they couldn't give it to me and that I should have read my policy when I got it. If they can't come up with it then I may have a case. We are requesting that they get it to us within 10 business days so I'mm waiting to see whhat they come up with. I wish I could give you guys more on the story but all I can do is wait and let this process itself. I appreciate the concern and hopefully things will work out ok. It could take a while (possibly years!) but I am not going to just let this slide and I will fight it until the end. This isn't the way I was wanting to start the year off but I'm going to stay positive.

17. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Matt,

Are you still making payments? Insurance?

Simon

18. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Is there any way for an administrator to see who views or has viewed this thread? It wouldn't surprise me if the thief has read this thread.

19. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Correct....still making payments on the car and still having to make payments to the insurance company that will not pay for my stolen car so that my loan does not go up. If I don't have insurance on the car my loan will be increased since my bank will have to get insurance on the title. How you can get insurance on a title with the car already stolen is beyond me but I'm not a lawyer. I should find out soon which way this is all going to go and if I can't get my lawyer or somebody to get this going I don't know what other choice I will have but to give up on the loan and file bankruptcy. As bad as that sounds I got to get a vehicle soon and there is no way to do that if I'm dropping almost 800.00 a month for a insured car I don't have.

It wouldn't suprise me if "James" has come across this thread somehow. I got a lot of rage inside me from all this towards him but I would rather be robbed than to have to live my life as a thief. People like this guy are simply sorry individuals who have no souls and will eventually get what's coming to them in the end.

20. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    By the way, amazing F40 Simon!:)

21. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Thanks. Sold it last april. Amazing car. Only problem with the F40 is it is so good it makes everything else seem like a peddle car...

22. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul

Anything with the notary?

23. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Fake. They would have to have authenticated his information which is all false. He really put some work into it though. I will post a pic when I can get to my camera.

24. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think that is another thing that is in your favor for going against the insurance company. Have you told them you will NEVER do business with them ever again?
    Fight the good fight and never give up!

25. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Psst... need my fix...