Stolen car...please help | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Stolen car...please help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-Fourth-William-Strunk/dp/020530902X

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Actually, that's not the case...

You now find yourself in the definition of Catch-22.

With Matt's credibility now suspect, any claim by him that you are not involved is now equally questionable.

For me, just too many coincidences...

I have my guess, but it's just that.

Likely just a matter of time untill someone talks...

3. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #378 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    lol korr, thanks. believe it or not, my english/composition and public speaking instructors all gave me high grades, one going s far as telling me that i'm a 'talented' writer. you'll have to excuse me in here though. i dont necessarily put as much into editing here as i would in a essay or research paper. a reading of my first few posts here though seemed so sloppy to me that i thought that maybe i should pay a bit more attention. still, im sure you can tell im still not really givin it my all. actually someone else also told me to.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If I was defending my good name on a public forum, I'd put two feet forward to not making a half-assed attempt at presenting my side of the story.

5. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #380 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 3, 2009

yeah...GOTCHA!!...its always GOTCHA!! with you. i didnt say that i dont still have my questions about what really happened here. anyone with sense will question why matt would be giving the guy 1800.00 in this situation. still, assuming that Matt actually was the one that made the post, the fact remains that he didnt have to admit that i wasnt the guy who did this. though i could easily say him do this was only to save face with you guys here that have known him for years. instead unlike you guys im trying to assume that he actually responded to my plea to confirm my innocence. still, the fact remains that if matt will go on official record stating that i wasnt the guy that took his car, i should appreciate that for what its worth. what is it worth to me? youre not a dummy, that much should be clear to you by now. it may well be worth my freedom and reputation. Assuming Matt does set a meeting with my attorney and the D.A. to do an affadavit affirming my innocence and ask that the charges be dropped (something we will just have to hope he's willing to do) him doing so would i assume not necessarily reduce any credibility issues regarding his story that he has to resolve.

if you cops actually operate this way: "the accused appreciates an effort by the accuser to clear his name of an erroneous charge and therefore any attempt by the accuser to do so should be viewed as suspect"

that again validates my choice of you being the room posterchild for my concerns that i possibily couldve been eliminated from this mess were it not for sloppy reasoning on the part of the investigator.

6. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    you'd be suprised just how much this has made it difficult for me to put two feet forward.

7. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #382 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 3, 2009

8. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #383 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 3, 2009
    This has just become useless rhetoric. Ra I never said I don't think you have lied in many of the statements you have posted because I do. I just said I challenge you to quote where I made a direct personal attack against you by declaring "YOU ARE A LIER" that is something I didn't do and you did not meet that challenge. I was trying to show that the many direct attacks you made to other posters was uncalled for and juvenile. You of course continue to ignore when I point these out. In any event, lets just move on to my final question. I and many others simply feel you have lied as well as others who are involved with this circus so, why do you keep posting here and what do you feel you will accomplish by continuing with this verbal sparing? You don't answer questions like did you ever ask your wife if she put her notary stamp on a bill of sale or not? Did you or did you not mention the police not questioning your wife a day before you claim I brought that to your attention? I know RA you will ignore the qustions and just try to redirect the focus of the conversation to how unfairly you have been judged. I say again/ go to court/ defend yourself/ let your attorney represent you. We are all sick of you ducking the direct questions and crying that you are being judged unfairly. Leave please save yourself from our unfair " ill hatched conclusions" whatever that means.

9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I'm just glad I don't live in Alabama...

The thought of me paying for room and board for these 3 nitwits makes me ill...

10. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #385 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 3, 2009
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probable evidence of an inappropriatedly biased cop

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

11. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    #386 Simon^2, Aug 3, 2009
    Congrats. Your best post so far!!

Edit: you post was better before you modified it...

12. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #387 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 3, 2009
    Oh I am so shocked. RA didn't answer any of the tough questions again and as predicted pointed out he is unfairly judged by my inappropriately biased self. I never saw this one coming RA. SEE post 383 I should be a fortune teller!

13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    So it looks like Matt, this RA guy, and someone's wife are going to jail? I would be interested to hear from Matt's insurance company. I bet since all of this here is public, we will be reading about it on CNN.com in a few.

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Well, on TV this is when one of the guilty lawyer's up, gets a slap on the wrist, testifies against others...

Wishing one and all a good night's sleep...

15. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    You gotta figure someone will be playing "Let's make a Deal" soon......conspicuous in it's absence is an answer as to the genesis of the notary paperwork signature belonging to Ra's wife.

16. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I know if it was me, I'd be finding a way out of this mess quick...

17. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    #392 BubblesQuah, Aug 3, 2009
    Back to my post above - is it really the DA that brought the charges against you - a criminal case (exactly what are the charges?), or is it a civil case?

Neither one fits the description of the letter that Matt said the received from the DA. See my post above, #372.

If it is a civil case, then all Matt has to do is drop the case. If it is a criminal case, there is nothing Matt can do - because it is the state vs. you, not Matt vs. you.

And if the state really brought these charges against you - they must have a real case, and won't drop the charges just because Matt asks them to.

Again, as I said in my previous post, Matt's statement about the letter he got from the DA makes no sense. Can anyone clear that one up?

18. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I think you cleared it up just fine

19. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #394 DrStranglove, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Any wagers Ra drives a black truck? LOL

All I know is that my investment in popcorn futures keeps rising with this story! I haven't seen this much dodging the questions since the whole Clinton/Monica scandal! We could put it into that sort of context and then it all makes sense:

Ra: "I did not steal the car. I did not DRIVE the car away."

Matt: "Ra stole the car, I think, well maybe...but I'm pretty sure it was him...well, no, okay, but I gave him $1800 cash"

Ra: "I did not steal the car. I did not DRIVE the car away."

I love how when you avoid questions, direct questions mind you, then you always get the same "I'm innocent" answers. Like they say, prison is full of innocent people wrongfully accused!

Ra still hasn't answered the all important question...."How did your wife's notary stamp get on the bill of sale?"

This thing smells of attempted insurance fraud from the first post. I still maintain the car has a blown engine and is sitting in a shop someplace racking up storage fees. But what do I know? LOL Hollywood couldn't write this stuff!

21. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007

who's wearing the blue dress?

22. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    LOL...they both might be given where they're headed if this does turn out to be fraud! Hopefully they'll go nice on the new guys once they end up behind bars...but ya just never know.

Interesting how quiet Ra got all of a sudden...must be painting that black truck a different color...I know I know...more COINCIDENCE!!!! LMAO

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Matt may be a virgin...

I suspect Ra has acheived at least premium membership status...

24. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Before you get too crazy insulting someone, you need to figure out that Liar is a different spelling than LIER, which as I understand it, has no meaning.

Art

25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm confused about :

Matt goes to look at photos with the police. He fingers the guy he thinks he met. After meeting the guy in real life, he proclaims he identified the wrong guy. Turns out the guy he identified wife's name is the notary. Out of the billions of people in the world the odds are not very good that he wrongly identifies a man who just happens to be the husband of the notary on the BOS.

So did the police tell him to identify that suspect? Why would he do that if it wasn't the man he met?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I am confused by this. I think in one of Matt's last posts, he says this is merely a coincidence. The odds are astronomical, so I have a hard time buying that.