Stolen car...please help | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Stolen car...please help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Very telling.

Ra reaction to my basic question told me all I needed to know.

I have another basic question for the group: How did the other players besides Josh, I mean Matt, find there way over here to plead innocence? This is not a forum group that is on the tip of everyones fingers when on the internet. Strange?

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Matt registered here in 2002, so he didn't come just to post this saga.

A quick internet search reveals similar threads on many other forums...

3. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I should have been more specific.

Why is Ra on here discussing this? Seems there is a friendship between the two.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If I had to wager a guess, the person claiming to be Ra isn't Ra.

5. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007

i notice a lot of family members look similar. If I hired a guy to dig a ditch and he brought his cousin along I bet they would look similar. After the ditch is dug they split up the cash, right?

This whole thing stinks and Simon already cornered the popcorn market!:(

6. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007

Ra IMO has a unique look.

7. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This may be, but know that Simon has a slight frame, and telegraphs his punches.

You could take him, easy.

8. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007

not only a funny guy but a smart one too.

9. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Little birdie told me. :)

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    True :( ... But my wife's got a killer right hook... :D :D

11. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    blindsided again.

12. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #362 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0509/620542.html

Read this link and watch the video.

It is really amazing that the detective was disinterested in talking to RA when he and his attorney (according to him) came to the police department several times but instead the detective takes the time to issue a crimestoppers alert asking for help locating RA or his alias rather than just interviewing him when he turns himself in ( that is perfectly logical). Secondly, if the news story is correct his wife is facing charges as well but interestingly enough he is only asking Matt to clear is name without mention of the wife who to HIS KNOWLEDGE knows nothing. This whole thing becomes a bigger joke everyday. The story even mentions RA may have cut his hair. The lies pile up here and I can't imagine just how bizzare the story will become in court. Best of all RA actually accused members here of having a bizzare attitude of guilt before innocence (post 331). The best lie which we have yet to discuss is RA's explaination that his photo is from some prior tickets. Sorry RA we don't take mugshots of simple traffic violators. Put it to your own logic everyone has anyone on this site ever had your picture taken by the issuing officer when they recieved a traffic ticket. I highly doubt it. Keep the lies coming RA it is entertaining atleast.

Oh I left out is your wife's photo also from some old tickets? I just didn't notice the roadway or cars in the background!

13. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #363 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 2, 2009
    Just to be fair about Matt's lack of response!! I spoke to him directly on the phone and it was agreed that it would be in his best interest to stop posting all together about this matter. I have no ill will toward him but I recommended he decide for himself if continuing to post would be in his best interest and he agreed it was not since any further comments were going to be made available outside of just F-chat. So that is why he no longer responds. I believe it was wise of him to keep his version of this between the detective, DA and himself. I think Insurance fraud guy would be wise to do the same but I doubt he will.

14. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris

Thanks Simon, I hate to take sides but if I committed insurance fraud I would not be pushing this very hard, especially if someone can prove it. Lots of coincidences happening here as well.

15. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    so my assumption of where the police obtained the photo is correct? are all photos in a line up of former criminals?

16. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #366 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 2, 2009
    I had no idea all of this stuff was going on until my wife came to pick me up from school with my oldest children in the car. my oldest son showed me a printout of the crimestoppers cut from the internet, telling me that a friend of his had told him a day or two prior that he had seen it on tv, but my son thought he was joking. that day (the my family told me of this) my wife had found out about it at her job and after telling my son they all got in the car to come pick me up from school and inform me of what was goin on. from that point we started calling around trying to find out what was goin on...even had an atty looking into it (i think Matt mentioned something about that getting back to him). i never said that i was trying to get in touch with the cops prior to the crimestoppers deal...before that i had no idea this was going on. the only reason i even know these posts were on these websites is that my oldest daughter, concerned for me, got on the internet trying to get as much info as she could. before she gave me the page with the site on it i never new this site existed. during all this, though..i watched you guys rag me even though you dont even know me. phone records will show my efforts at finding out what was going on and maybe even some record at the police station i went down to. i dont know.

to my knowlege my wife is not facing charges. she was with me in court the other day, so im sure that is the case. also, if you go back and look at that video you will see that they said they wanted to question her. that photo they have of her, i think is from dmv. mine is from me being picked up for fta (failure to appear) on tickets (yeah...you can go to jail for that and they Do take mugshots in those cases...) simon, i think, is a cop...he can probably verify that they do, and maybe even my record. you are coming in on this without really being up on some of the facts. saying that i may have cut my hair doesnt suggest anything damning of me because i havent cut my hair in years. to the contrary, my hair is one of the things that may well help to vindicate me. also, some of you keep forgetting that Matt has already said that i wasnt the guy who drove off with his car on the day in question. once i find out which day it was that this was supposed have happened i hope to find classoroom attendance logs that will show that i wasnt there. some of the classes i was taking around that time did require that. hopefully i can find something that shows that i was in class at the time. again, i dunno yet.

regarding post 331, your own words show you think im a liar, this, after apparently missing an earlier post where i said i just found out about all of this between 2 and 3 mos ago...(just under 3 i think. im sure it was in may though), im sure you think thats a lie as well. you simply deemed me a liar after not considering the question: what happens if you dont pay the tickets and dont show up to court on the alloted date.

there was no need for you to call me a liar. and yet you did. instead you could've simply considered alternative reasons that tickets can lead to a mug shot. oh...and by the way...you confirmed that this is just entertainment for you. toldja so.

Oh I left out is your wife's photo also from some old tickets? I just didn't notice the roadway or cars in the background! again... to my knowlege that is a dmv pic of my wife. mine is a mugshot, and yes, it suprisingly enough a mugshot stemming from tickets.

wow you made me realize something: WHY HAVEN'T THEY QUESTIONED MY WIFE!! there are no charges on her to my knowlege, so the whole, 'we dont question people that a warrant or court date has been set on" thinig doesnt apply here, actually guy..despite your attitude. you may have given me a way to talk to these guys. if the thing says the want to question her...why havent they?.....thanx (and im not being sarcastic).

17. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #367 JM4re, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #368 Jedi, Aug 2, 2009
    "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when at first we practice to deceive"

12th Night - Shakespeare
    (Or Sir Walter Scott if you're 'one of those')

Jedi

19. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    you got your quotes mixed up. please make the proper corrections.

20. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #370 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 2, 2009
    Ra this is simply silly. You claim others and I make assumptions and then you do exactly the same thing your complaining about. First the news story link said your wife is facing charges not me and I even pointed out that may not be correct because I have seen a lot of news stories that were not accurate. Secondly, you are the only person that has acted like a child and called people names. I never called you ****** like you did to someone. I never stated Kiss my ass like you did. I never called people what was it Springersomething from one of your first posts. I simply said this whole thread is full of lies. I say again grow up and act like an adult. Don't post if you can't take the questions of people you seem so set on proving your innocence too. As an example of your continuous inconsistent statements you now claim I opened your eyes that the police never questioned your wife. Guess what RA you said the exact same thing in your post about two pages back from when you were in court "you said the police never questioned you or your wife and that they left to question MAtt" Well which is it RA did you just realize hey my wife might have pertinent information just a few minutes ago or yesterday when you specifically said the police didn't question her? You still haven't answered multiple questions from several people "Is your wife the one who's notary is on the alleged bill of sale?" You reference it to infer it may not exist. Well heck RA can't you just ask your wife did she or did she not put her notary stamp on the bill of sale that is alleged to exist???? I seriously have no clue why you keep posting here. It is like watching a man playing with matches standing in gasoline.

From your post just above 366
    wow you made me realize something: WHY HAVEN'T THEY QUESTIONED MY WIFE!! there are no charges on her to my knowlege, so the whole, 'we dont question people that a warrant or court date has been set on" thinig doesnt apply here, actually guy..despite your attitude. you may have given me a way to talk to these guys. if the thing says the want to question her...why havent they?.....thanx (and im not being sarcastic).

You may want to look back at my post about my quote "attitude" I have defended that you have been a victim just as much as I have called out your inconsistent statements. I think my attitude has been very open minded to all parties involved. I guess you are just making an assumption. Don't you just hate it when people do that!

This is your statement from post 297 RA!!!
    The fact that they have yet to question me directly even after having me completely under their control and after being in the same room with me at court suggests that they are not interested in what I know. By the way. You may recall that my wife was there too. Even you have to wonder why they havent asked us any questions directly. Though I'm sure that I've never met you in my life, let alone driven your car or have direct knowledge of anyone who has, questioning me might well produce info that would lead them to your car.

Again from your post above RA
    there was no need for you to call me a liar. and yet you did. instead you could've simply considered alternative reasons that tickets can lead to a mug shot. oh...and by the way...you confirmed that this is just entertainment for you. toldja

I challenge you to quote me specifically saying you are a liar. I said this thread is full of lies but as usual you change the words a little to help your cause. Now you have lied because from your quote above "there was no need for you to call me a liar. and yet you did." Is a lie plan and simple. I just don't choose to say to someone you are a liar. I just point out what appears to be inconsistent. It is the difference in acting civil or being a jerk who says derrogatory statements to inflame emotions. Like calling someone a "Dick"

Do us a favor RA go to court/defend yourself/ stay off F-chat since obviously questions seem to bother you to the point of name calling and changing words. Let your lawyer do his job. That's why you pay him. Take it easy!!!

21. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wouldn't surprise me :D The QUOTE is right... the attribution.... well

Jedi

22. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    #372 BubblesQuah, Aug 2, 2009
    I hate to dig up an old post, but I'm just now reading this thread.

I'm not a lawyer, but I know in my state, there would be no such letter as this. Criminal cases are always "The State" vs. "Luscius Ross". Civil cases are "person" vs "person". The DA would not be involved in a civil case, but of course would be involved in a criminal case. So "Matt LaMotte" vs "Luscius Russ" does not make sense.

Plus, even if there was a criminal case named in this way - how could it be possible before an arrest was even made? As far as I know, the DA doesn't just go around filing criminal cases on their own. The case has to come from the police. Surely the police would not be sending a case to the DA until it had been fully investigated - which in this case would be impossible without an arrest or even any questioning.

None of this part of the story makes any sense to me. There is no way a letter like this existed.

23. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #373 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    ^^^^^

there it is:

"The best lie which we have yet to discuss is RA's explaination that his photo is from some prior tickets. Sorry RA we don't take mugshots of simple traffic violators. Put it to your own logic everyone has anyone on this site ever had your picture taken by the issuing officer when they recieved a traffic ticket. I highly doubt it. Keep the lies coming RA it is entertaining at least."

"the best LIE (emphasis mine) we have yet to discuss is RA's Explaination.........keep the lies (emphasis mine) commin RA"

and by the way... though i can be a pretty sarcastic guy... if i say that im not trying to be sarcastic...generally speaking. i mean it. i really wasnt trying to be sarcastic and my thanx was genuine. also, i really am not aware of any warrants out on my wife.

at any rate ive met your challenge.

ra

24. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Your mug shot was from failure to appear and not traffic tickets. Less than candid might have been a more accurate description than lie, but lie does in a pinch. Because the opposite of lie is: The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. In a black and white world. I'm just sayin: I will openly admit that I have no idea who did what where regarding the criminal case, but I have witnessed both sides of this part of the story, so I will comment.

25. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #375 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009

wow. a slimeball. thanks alot. the original accuser, after meeting me, seems have realized, that i wasnt lying, in fact im NOT The guy that took his car. and I'm STILL a slimeball, simply because YOU have dealt with slimeballs before. ok. you're associations have made you a compulsive cynic. fine. But from where im standing you are just trying to justify an ill hatched conclusion based upon a disregard for the fact that Matt has said that i wasnt the guy that stole his car. you know, i watched people like you call me scumbags and all other manner of negatives for a couple of months after finding out about all of this. the one thing i can say about Matt that seems to be to his credit is that there is a post here under his name saying im not the guy who stole his car. if im honest. i didnt expect him to do that and if it was him who posted that him having done so better than you seem to be able to muster here. and you werent even there with Matt when this all began.

After being called such unsubstantiated derogatory names for weeks, it seemed fair that i counterbalance it all with as many facts about me as possible. again. you clearly have made your decision about me. all i can do is accept that. i would be a "slimeball" in your eyes even if whoever did this turned himself in with the car and all kinds of evidence showing that i couldnt have been the guy who did it. and couldnt have been involved

youve made your ruling. and that is based upon emotional baggage left over from your own associations. at any rate. just because you feel that way. doesnt mean your assessment of me is fair and true.

ra