Stock toggle switch supplier? | FerrariChat

Stock toggle switch supplier?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raemin, May 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Eurospares do not have any stock left, and nobody seems to have "real" toggle switch (round style ).

I've bought Lucas alternative hopping that swapping the latch would be reasonably close. Maybe I bought the wrong ones, but the retaining ring does not look right to me. I was contemplating to re-use the stock ring on the new switch, but the diameter is different.

Any hint?

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Picture of what you bought?
    I'll look back at what I bought for mine. Here is a picture of the replacements already installed and a picture of the old one I removed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Good evening
    Where could I buy a pair of the ones you installed in your car?
    (shown on your first photo)
    Thanks

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
  5. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
  6. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Mystery solved (my problem isn't...).

Background : In order to operate my switch pitch transmission I need an additional toggle switch. My plan was to re-purpose the antenna switch location and replace the antenna momentary switch by a Lucas toggle switch. These Lucas switches do not have the "Mickey ear" or the proper retaining ring, but my supplier said I could re-use the parts from my original switch. Fair enough.

After a closer inspection it appears the antenna switch is not the same size as the other toggle switches of the dashboard... The retaining ring looks like all the other retaining ring, except that it's inner diameter is much narrower. This switch cannot be salvaged in order to upgrade a Lucas.

Willing to trade a crappy antenna switch against any (equally crappy) toggle switch!

7. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California