STL Spotter's Thread 2011 | Page 41 | FerrariChat

STL Spotter's Thread 2011

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by a7xbass94, Jan 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kbritton88

kbritton88 Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Kevin Britton
    You know of an MP4-12C in that area? Any chance they might be open for a free photo shoot Thursday or Friday? I take pics for the KC Club and I specialize in HDR and see-through HDR pictures. My sites http://www.flickr.com/photos/pontiacshaggy84/ if anybody is interested and has anything interesting.

2. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    He lives about an hour away but I let him know. I will let you know. If it were next week we could figure something out.

3. kbritton88

Nov 17, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Kevin Britton
    I sent you a PM.

4. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    White Bentley GT Speed in Maryville

5. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Fisker in Collinsville

6. kbritton88

Nov 17, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Kevin Britton
    Strange question... But does anybody on here have or know somebody who has a hanger at the Spirit of St. Louis Airport that I could possibly use for a photoshoot I might be doing next weekend if the weather holds up?

7. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was in Edwardsville for the SIUE game vs. NIU Saturday. Despite SIUE's record, it was a great game as the Cougars came from 11 points down and won by 2 points at the buzzer!

Anyway, when I was looking for a place to park for a post-game meal downtown, as I circled around, I noticed someone's beautiful black 458 Italia parked behind their office, and I pulled into the lot long enough to give my son a chance to get a closer look. My son likes all kinds of cars, but I think he has great taste, because he agrees with me that the 458 is one of the most beautiful cars available for sale now. Enjoy that great car, Randy! :)

This wasn't technically a spot, but later in the evening when I was in Kirkwood, I saw my first 991 in person on the Parktown lot, a black Carrera S. I didn't want to like it as much as the 997 because I think the 997 is such a balanced design and a nice modern interpretation of the classic 911 shape. But I warmed up to the 991 immediately- it looked very nice in my opinion. The early verdicts I've seen have all been very positive; it will be interesting to see what Porsche owners think once they start driving these cars off the lot. If the Carrera S is this good, the inevitable Turbo and GT/RS variants are going to be quite interesting!

8. Chio

Chio Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    STL
    post in 2012

9. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Oops...I was sleepy when I posted this. It's too late to edit, so I copied/pasted to the 2012 thread. :D