355 - Sticky RX Experience | FerrariChat

355 Sticky RX Experience

Discussion in '348/355' started by Rossocorsa1, Mar 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #1 Rossocorsa1, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    In recent months, for some reason, I've had no less than half a dozen people contact me about advise as to where to have their sticky components refinished. I'm guessing these are the types of things that many consider during the winter months. Anyhow, I thought I would jump on here and tell you about my experience working with Dave at Sticky RX.

When I bought my 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta it was in exceptional condition. Frankly, it was probably the finest 355 I have ever seen. It was basically like new. Still, I set out to improve the few things that needed some TLC, the main thing being the sticky components. While none had degraded badly, I still knew it was just a matter of time, so I decided to tackle the issue and get it taken care of. Also, unlike most who have a handful of pieces refinished (like the vents and ashtray, for example), I decided to have every piece redone. I had spoken to Dave a few times and I was always very impressed with his high degree of passion and extreme detail. As someone who is rather obsessive, I really appreciate when people care as much as he does. Dave appreciated that I wanted my car to be absolutely perfect, and he welcomed my level of engagement. Most importantly, the technology he invests in and the refurbishing technique is by far the best available.

Needless to say, I was thrilled with the final product. The pieces look precisely as they did when they left the factory, and they will never go sticky again. Also, I was very impressed with the scratch resistant coating that the parts now have on them. To me, they very closely mimic the original feel, without the soft touch coating. The car subsequently won 100 points and best in class at The Cavallino Classic, much in part to the work Dave did on my parts. Anyhow, I hope this helps people who are considering this project. I'll post some photos.

Laserman, audi_328, GerryD and 5 others like this.
  2. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    the interior looks stunning!

Laserman, ShineKen and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  3. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I too have sent Dave many of my parts to be refinished and he does very nice work. I would recommend him to anyone that was looking to have their parts refinished.

Laserman and ShineKen like this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dave rocks

Laserman, bcar1 and ShineKen like this.
  5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Dave is the only one I'd trust with mine. I still need to get my pieces to him but life keeps getting in the way. I sure do miss him on here. His knowledge on the 355 made him a huge resource. Oh, and he's super anal about things like me so yeah, I'm a fan. :)

Laserman, bjwhite and ShineKen like this.
  6. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Very nice. BTW, did you know there's a giant sticker in the middle of your dash?

7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Id much rather see death and injury than that sticker...

Robb

8. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    They do amazing work. Lots effort to make it better then OEM :)

Laserman and ShineKen like this.
  9. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Jasonberkeley likes this.
  10. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    We are simply not going to have any personal attacks or create any more toxic situations.

thread closed. The good items were covered initially. It should be easy to choose the services you’d like in restoring your car without any further ********.

jon von banned 7 days for attacks.

Robb

JAM1 and 355dreamer like this.