Sticky Parts, Refinished! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sticky Parts, Refinished!

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by LorenzoR, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why would I mention his competitors, who've been doing this longer, and be accused of taking business away from the OP?

To make a bold statement, without having any facts, that "maybe" 4 years in the business is longer than anyone else, is amateur at best.

Now that I've answered your question, I have one for you: Why do you care what I post? Do you consider my post as trolling? I haven't been banned, nor warned, and a Mod has posted here himself. It was an honest question to the OP, who obviously is still very new around here with his claim.

And, the quality of the workmanship along with the tools and techniques is the most important factor regardless of how long someone has been doing the work. Longer doesn't necessarily mean better.

"Maybe" Santa Claus is real - are you going to take me at my word? Just sayin....

2. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#27 LorenzoR, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Do you have the steering wheel surround for a 348? Several years ago I made the mistake of replacing mine with an NOS piece and guess what it's now sticky. And to compound the mistake I gave my original one to one of your competitors and when I asked him for it back refinished he no longer had it.

4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Hi Ron no I don't but I would be happy to help you find one. Send me an email and we go from there thanks

5. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    I like it that op posted a price. many of his competitors would not post it.

I'm 360 Canuck and obertRo like this.
  6. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    [email protected]

7. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

8. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I have a 456M and want the a/c panel and buttons done as well as the door handles. Do you have instructions or a video of the removal?

9. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

No i personnaly have never removed these parts so i dont have any videos or instructions. If you Send me an email i can give you some ideas, Thanks

10. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Interested, but have a question: Do you engrave as well (i.e. HVAC panel and so on)?

11. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#36 LorenzoR, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    If a part has a deep scratch then yes it needs to be ingraved. Otherwise engraving is not needed. That would be just doing something that doesnt need to be done. I have probably refinished a dozen Hvac in 360 and 430 in the past 6 weeks and not one needed ingraved. Send me an email and ill explain more. [email protected],,Thanks

12. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mikael, Since some else wants to be pushy and steal my business and advertise on my thread send me a pm or email where we can discuss in peace,,,Thanks

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That is completely untrue, Lorenzo.

I just like to be transparent. That does not mean I give away trade secrets but I don't claim "refinish" on something I only clean.

I posted in your thread as you were suggesting that what we do is not needed and that is 100% false. Our customers want all of there parts to match and fully refinished.

Carry on :)

15. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#40 LorenzoR, Jul 27, 2017
    I dont give away trade secrets either. As you know cleaning is just the beginning of the process and only one step. I never said what YOU do. The man simply asked me if i engraved and i gave him my honest answer that engraving is not always needed. Now you got my whole thread goofed up cuz u had to start something on it. I respect what you do and i never pay mind to your threads. Id appreciate it if you do the same. I dont have time for this silly crap and neither do you. I would never ever post on your threads. Show some respect

16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    As I explained, I posted in your thread for one reason and that's because you made a technical statement, directed at what we do, which I feel is incorrect. That is all. Had you not done that, I would never have posted in this or any other thread of yours. I think folks here should have accurate information and that is all.

17. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dave thats BS. I'm allowed to say what I want on my threads and I'll say it again. I have done an awful lot of these and not all these parts need to be engraved unless there's a deep scratch in them period. Thats just fact.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It would help your claim if you demonstrated some examples of what you feel do not require engraving vs ones that do.

19. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

It's very simple first off in a p.m. you stated you don't like guys like me so why are you even in this. I'm not sure why you would say something like that because you don't even know me. I guess because your daves rocks friend I guess and that's okay. There's no need to demonstrate anything it's straightforward if you have a deep cut or scratch in an HVAC or button then yes it needs to be engraved and that's what I said to begin with if not and it does not need to be engraved.

20. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Or if that's such an important issue for you, maybe start your own thread where you can inquire about the above concern you have? Instead of just messing with the guy's classified ad.

Everyone who's used his services has nothing but good things to say, I see zero complaints. He's personally done the stickies for 2 of my cars and another set for a neighbor so I speak from personal experience.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #46 AceMaster, Jul 27, 2017
    You have a reading comprehension problem.

Go back and re-read the PM.

But, since you didn't understand the first time, it is highly unlikely that you will understand the second time, so I will post it here for you and all to see.

You asked "if I had a problem with you."

I responded that "I have a problem with guys like you. Making claims without backing it up with facts....and said claims are far from the truth"

You responded "fair enough"

I have a lot of friends on this forum, but I defend what's right, whether one is my friend or not. Anyone who knows me knows that I stand for truth and justice, and if that means I have to call out a friend, and tell him/her that he/she is wrong, you can bet I will be the first to do so.

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You too seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

If you go back and read what I posted, it was actually in the OP's favour, it was advice that I was giving him that is for his own good.

Asking someone to demonstrate something so that the people can see with their own eyes what one is trying to prove is far more effective than simply "take my word for it because I know it's true".

But, with responses like your's and the OP's, perhaps this is something that neither you nor the OP can prove?

23. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well said and I agree!

24. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I agree and it seems like he has an ax to grind or is a shill for someone else.

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol...oh please do tell.

Or, do you and fast Eddie have a vested interest in defending OP?