STATINS are pure evil | Page 3 | FerrariChat

STATINS are pure evil

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by F1Ace, Mar 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxndoc1

boxndoc1 Karting

Jan 25, 2007
    North America/Italy
    I think statements that are as bold as the ones placed here are simply misguided.
    I am all for keeping fit and trim , in other words you have to take some responsibility for your own health. However sometimes we get sick or we have the bad end of the gene dice throw and we have to deal with it somehow.
    You should not try to scare people into believing that doctors give out bad advice. If modern medicine is so bad for you than why in the world are humans living as long as they do ?
    I just read a fanatic article that says in order to have a healthy diet we have to eat like the cavemen did , no milk since u cant milk wild animals only eat uncooked meals etc etc etc.
    Guess what 20 was old age for a caveman.
    Bottom line dont be a fanatic everything in moderation, and dont believe all the conspiracy
    theories (thats a sure sign of a myopic mind)

2. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    #52 F1Ace, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Ohh, take a pill. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Overdosed-America-Promise-American-Medicine/dp/0061344761/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228847404&sr=1-1

"I have been a physician for 10 years. I have seen my profession gradually being taken over by the pharmaceutical industry. I have seen countless patients harmed - alas even killed - by drug reactions and polypharmacy.

I have sat and listened to countless drug representative presentations that were outright falsehoods and misrepresentations. It has been months - maybe even years that I have had available to me a medical education conference that was not somehow tainted by drug company money and therefore propaganda."

3. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Seems quite rampant, since it's easy to find a Testimonial that says the same thing:

"Sep 12, 2008 7:52 AM GMT I was put on statin 2 months ago when my LDL was on
    borderline level without previous heart attack. Soon after that, I experienced muscle
    spasm and tiredness. I discovered this article a month after taking the statin and
    immediate stopped the medication. Instead I went on natural supplements combined with
    dietary control and exercise. I feel much better and alert now but still have my muscle
    spasm. I hope it will go away soon. A follow up blood test will confirm that I did the right
    thing. I think it is very irresponsible of doctors to immediately prescibe statin without
    considering alternative means
    . Pharmaceutical companies are equally quilty in pushing this
    harmful drug."

4. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    "This data shows that Americans are both the most over-medicated and least healthy people on our planet."

http://www.markblackburn.org/Papers/US_unhealthy.htm

"The US Public Health Service says 3.5 million Americans are healthy! That is 1.5% of the entire US Population!"

5. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Our life expectancy and infant mortality rate is also much longer than most of the developing worlds, and our disease spectrum is completely different. It's what is considered 'diseases of affluence', not 'diseases of medication'.

The article is written by a MBA, and I'm sure in business school and in his business contacts/ventures, he has been formally trained about nutritional sciences more so than a biomedical PhD or a MD.

It's not all horror stories about medication, it seems, that for some, it has worked for them. In fact, I found this anecdote about colchicine, a anti-gout medication

"Colchicine SAVED MY LIFE!!!!

I cannot stress this enough. If you have chronic HORRIBLE mouth ulcers regularly with no relief...PLEASE GIVE Colchicine a try!!! I had my first mouth ulcers at like 2 months old. I have had them my whole life to the point where I couldnt function. My doctor and I decided to give this medication a try two months ago AND I HAVE BEEN MOUTH ULCER FREE for two months.

I know it sounds too real to believe. I thought the same thing since I have suffered for so long. I have a few stomach issues with this medication, but the stomach issues are far worth it without these horrible mouth lacerations. Mine used to get up to quarter sized and up to 12 at a time!!!!"

6. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #56 JohnnyS, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did you actually read that stuff from the link?? Many, many problems. for example, increase in beef consumption 50% since 1900. It doesn't say per capita. There has been an increase in the number of people in the US.

Increase in poultry consumption is also bad???? WTF!!! Same as above, not per capita listed.

Milk consumption causes problems in calves so it must be bad??? Babies aren't fed milk, they get formula that is safe. Everyone that has had a kid knows this.

Dude, get a grip on poorly presented data!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Please seriously consider what I am about to share.

I believe you have found a treatment, but you have not found the cause
    nor the cure. I would suggest you have Mercury sensitivity.

Please see:
    http://naturalmamanz.blogspot.com/2010/11/child-vaccination-mercury.html
    "Some of symptoms that occur within hours, days or weeks of vaccination that
    indicate mercury poisoning include...."

Consider also:
    http://www.ehow.com/list_6650071_signs-mercury-toxicity.html
    "People experiencing toxic levels of mercury often develop mouth ulcers and bleeding gums."

But here's the good news, you can chelate the Mercury out of you for good
    for less than $100.

Get this stuff, it's the best, has no side effects, and works all kinds of wonders.

Seriously.

http://www.liquidzeolitecompany.com/

Take care,
    Wes

8. billyfitness

billyfitness Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bill Leavitt
    There is no doubt there is just cause for pharmaceutical intervention when appropriate...infection, etc.

PROBLEMS:

Justifying a drugs effectiveness based on clinical studies alone is flawed science in many many cases as we have seen; Fen-Phen, among other drugs, pulled after approval come to mind.
    And, aren't the majority of studies funded by the drug company itself?

Lack of knowledge: Most MD's, unless taking it upon their own volition, study 6 hrs of nutrition, if any. A Chiropractor gets a minimum of 30.

Treating the symptom without addressing the cause. High LDL can be a result of many issues, stress and ingestion of starch and grains which inflame the epithelial lining to name a couple. Giving a pill to halt the production of all cholesterol is a hideous solution.

Just to prove a point to my Dr., I lowered my total by 60 pts in 6 months by doing three things: reducing stress, rebuilding my adrenals with herbs, and doubling my intake of fish oil. No change in diet or exercise.

To discount lifestyle change, responsible eating habits, or alternative medication, in favor of a drug, unless in a life threatening emergency, is idiotic.

-Billy