State of the Economy in the Middle East??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

State of the Economy in the Middle East???

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by vipermann123, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    #26 js430, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
    Nobody's defending Dubai. They are just saying that you sound like a whackjob with your stupid predictions which seem to be based upon some rather random factoids. Indoor skiing...there's one such facility and it's profitable. When it stops being profitable, it will shut down. There is no outdoor climate control. Desalination takes virtually no energy--you leave seawater out in the sun, the water evaporates, leaving the salt behind. You capture the evaporating water, condense it, and you have salt-free water. If it needs energy to be condensed...you could use solar energy to power the pumps that force the cool water through the condenser pipes. The infrastructure is already in place and working. So that has zero relevance to your predictions.

There is a credit crunch, that will affect economic activity negatively, perhaps quite severely. That's all. Your ghost town implosion scenario ain't gonna happen, though. It's not vegas--it's a booming metropolis and people are there for other reasons besides cheap entertainment. People have lived there for centuries, and will continue to do so.

Note that I am not referring to the many Russian females who are "vacationing" there, and seem to offer a multitude of services at every street corner. If those skanks disappeared, it wouldn't be a bad thing, really. They wouldn't happen to be related to you, would they? ;)

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    +1

Mike in Kuwait

3. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Big +1 and funny last comment. ;)

RussianM3dude
    Outdoor Climate control? Please send me some of the stuff you're smoking... ROFL

The credit crunch has affected the place, no doubting that. It will bounce back, perhaps not to the same levels.

Ghost Town... Keep telling youself that; you wouldn't survive here.

4. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Bigger +1 - the man knows what he's talking about....

Mike in Kuwait

5. Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis Rookie

Aug 20, 2007
    South Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    RussianM3 dude. Troll much?

6. sir-t

sir-t Karting

Sep 24, 2006
    D/A/CH
    Guys, I don't get the point. Since you all are in area somehow then you should have reconised that realestate prices stoped increasing, even droped according to friend is heavily involved in project development. Dubai has as much appartments and officespace in development than inhabitants, extremly cheap money, rapid increase in prices during development, so guess why credit crisis is affecting Dubai...

But who am I telling.

7. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    The real estate in Dubai is another problem. We could make a separate topic for that seeing where this one was brought now. To avoid more trollage i lock this one.