Starting to make YouTube videos | FerrariChat

Starting to make YouTube videos

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by DOWORKFCAR, Feb 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    So I'm practicing making YouTube videos. It's crazy how some guys make $1-2k a month off of just posting videos. A guy I follow has a Gallardo and has over 200k subscribers. I'm wondering if I made videos of my exotic car purchase it would get views? So this is just a tester video! Let me know what you think lol

https://youtu.be/4IGbRihSDHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I've heard that SecureTeam 10 UFO Hoaxer is making over $1,000/day. So much for hard work, and thrift.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Can't talk actual numbers but the ''guideline'' stuff you find online are WAY off and absolutely not true.

The ''famous'' Youtubers with 200K+ subscribers still make **** all and upload videos almost daily...yes they make a living but definitely not enough to maintain the lifestyle they do and still be able to buy the cars. I did a quick calculation on a particularly famous Youtuber, based on what he gets paid from Youtube and considering what he spends on travel to get to places and film alone, he won't even break even...and he's well above 200K subscribers.

What many hide when they make the inevitable Youtube video on ''what am I doing to afford this lifestyle'', almost all leave out a small fact that it's daddy funding it, especially the car purchases.

Harry Metcalfe (posts here occasionally) has a great channel with around 100K subs, works together with a couple of companies that sponsor him. I doubt he does it to have an alternative income ;). The sponsors allow him to not make a loss.

Chris Harris was still making a loss when he tried it and he had over 200K subscribers. IIRC his video production was a bit more expensive (~£10K if I remember), and he had to set up a patreon just to break even!

Try it, but don't dump loads of time/money in it thinking you'll be generating a couple of grand a month from it...Or more as most Youtubers make you believe!

4. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    I 100% agree. I think it's crazy that some people quit their day jobs for YouTube. I'd never quit my job after grad school and all...it is what has allowed me to purchase the car. I'll most likely give it a shot for fun. Definitely will not turn it into my primary income. It's just not realistic. Great input though! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    In that case go ahead, it's always a fun watch!