starcraft 2 | FerrariChat

starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Technology' started by kongman, Aug 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    any1 playin ...??

2. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    I got this as a B-Day present the other day. I liked the first one when I played it 10 years ago and so far I'm liking the sequel.

Send me a PM if your up for a match sometime. Be warned I'm not too good (my abilities as a RTS general is on par with the strategic abilities of Ghandi :p).

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Happy bday :D

I haven't got starcraft 2 yet, have way too many other games to play. :eek:

If you're not this fast you don't stand a chance against the Koreans :eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbpCLqryN-Q

4. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I picked it up hours after released, but my PC wasn't up to the task. I spent last weekend building a new PC, and spent most of the week passively loading software and migrating data from old machine to new. I've installed it, but haven't played yet. The original was one of my all time favorite games, so I have high expectations.

5. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    Got the collectors edition minutes after launch, played the beta for a while.

Gonna give my 2 cents.

I have waited long for the sequel, and didn't sleep for the first two nights after I saw the first cinematic in june 2007. Consequently I ended up failing a unit test in school as a result. Waited a whole year in jittery anticipation checking the website and the internet every day for updates. Then I slowly ended easing off it, till I saw the blizzcon stuff, and I flipped out again. Wait for a year, then I eased off again till beta got announced. Then I went crazy, I even forgot halo(no exaggeration I never even bothered with odst). Then a month after the start of beta, I got the e-mail inviting me through to the gates of sc2 beta heaven. I was so happy, didn't even care that I got placed in copper league(I would be pulling my hair out if that happened now), I was so excited, ya balance changes were necessary, but it never got old when people rage quit against a void ray rush.

Then they finally gave a solid release date, I already had my pre-order in. Nothing but the collectors edition for me.

Two major things I was looking forward to.
    1: The promised achievement system(Big motivator for me).
    2: Storyline. No game has got me so into their story even MGS as the Starcraft universe did. I loved the story in the game it was simply fantastic. So this one was a big one for me.

Then they released the half time commercial, I went crazy again with anticipation. Then a week before release they release the ghosts of past trailer, and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw that trailer over a 100 times before release. I still watch it occasionally, and it is in my very biased opinion the best trailer for a game ever.

And I finally got my collectors edition, and off i went into the computer. Beat the campaign twice and I am happy to report this game is every bit as good as I expected, if not more.

The multiplayer is epic, the achievement system is fantastic, the campaign was challenging in hard. And the story was epic. It had a couple of hiccoughs along the way, but still brilliant execution of continuation from brood war. The characters except Raynor were not too well defined and left me wanting to know more about them. But little things to nitpick about a near perfect game.

Now where is Heart of the Swarm, I want me my collectors edition for that too. :D

En taro Starcraft.

6. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    big time player since Beta. I love it.

Look me up sometime on BNET.. we are on channel "PUBLIC CHAT KJ". My nick is "Freeedom".

We also have a group and we track stats.. eventually we want our private league.

See:

http://www.karljay.com/main/sc2_ranks