Stamford CT - advice (or favor?) needed for a Look See | FerrariChat

Stamford CT - advice (or favor?) needed for a Look See

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by FiatRN, Dec 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    Hello FChatters -
    I have struck a deal to purchase a Lancia Delta Integrale that currently lives in Stamford. Can anyone suggest a local shop to do a quick once over? I'm not needing a full PPI - I just want to have someone see the car in person to make sure it exists, and is as advertised and not a secret rust bucket. The seller has been wonderful to work with and appears utterly honest, but since I am in Denver, CO I would like at least one set of impartial eyes.

Thanks for any advice and assistanace

Jonathan
    the Fiatrn
    Denver, CO
    [email protected]

2. Cinna

Cinna Karting

Apr 14, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Peter
  3. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Tommy at P1 Motorsports in Stamford is the one!!!!

4. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony

Is this the blue Delta or another? I know the blue car.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Definitely call Tommy @ P1.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yep go to tommy

7. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    #7 FiatRN, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you all for the several options. I had found two of them online but definately not all of them and it is good to know who the locals trust. This place is always such a trove of knowledge and friendliness! Wahoooo FChat!

Yes, it is the blue Delta Integrale that's been for sale for awhile. I have many photos and even a couple videos of the car. The owner appears utterly honest and the car appears very clean. I just want that little bit of comfort that someone not related to the sale has seen it and it is exactly what the photos show.

I have been hunting the right Delta for years...

Thank you all again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I came within a whisker of buying one last year. Memory fading, but from s polish kid who is taking poorly kept cars in UK amd Europe, brings to Poland, rebuilds and exports to the US?

The car I looked at what structurally and mechanically sound. As a driver, I would have put $5k in to get it tuned, cleaned, et al but as offered it was a good deal. The example I looked at was maroon with the whole martini logo kit, interior and light bar,

If originality matters then look closer. Last make sure the import paperwork is there.

9. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    was imported from Japan, and the current owner did the importation. It has (what sure appears to be) a valid CT registration, which means the importation was done properly and I will be able to register it myself at home. At least, that's what my DMV tells me... It is missing the fog lights, but appears otherwise correct - original interior, seats, steering wheel, wheels, what-have. The exhaust is not stock, but what stock exhaust lasts from 1989 until now anyway?

I'm excited, things are looking good. A fever has kept me down the last few days, but off to set up inspection now thanks to the good folks here.

Jonathan