Stafford to Rams for a haul | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stafford to Rams for a haul

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dustman, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Patricia is radioactive to Stafford.

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    And if you expect your team to make the SB every year you must be crying a river

Youre not from Kansas City right?

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Technically 31 of 32 teams are failures, as there is only 1 Superbowl winner.

I feel confident saying that because if you ask all 32 NFL owners/GMs/coaches, every one will tell anything less than a Superbowl is a failure. If anyone of them tells you otherwise, then they are in the wrong business.

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My bet is because Matt Patricia is back with New England, and Stafford wants no part of him.

Boomer Esiason has a theory that Stafford wants to avoid NE because he doesn't want to put in the work that Bill Belichick demands.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I thought the latter when Paul made his post, but your and Surfah's note about wanting to avoid Patricia makes the most sense to me...T

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    When I moved to Dallas 20 years ago, I expected Cowboys to go to playoffs every year. Boy have I been disappointed!! Thanks JJ!

T

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    For me, a successful year has to at least include an appearance in the divisional round AND feel like the team is on the rise.

So for example, I think Buffalo had a successful season.

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Good grief do you guys even consider Detroit has put NOBODY around Stafford?
    He's had Calvin Johnson - who got tired of it and retired - which I have no problems with,
    take the money AND YOUR HEALTH and leave.

Stafford had Golliday - who seems to get hurt every year.
    Beyond that Stafford is usually running for his life.
    Detroit had Ndamukong Suh - who they let go.

Look at New England - for whatever reason they put nobody around Brady the
    last two seasons, his contract was up and he left.
    I keep wondering how New England has a money problem and cannot keep anyone
    that is great, and then you look at teams that seem to have quite a few stars?
    Guys wanted to go to NE to win a ring, now Brady is gone and that won't happen,
    I don't expect NE to be much more than 9-7, 10-6 at best the next few years, but with
    how Buff and MIA are improving, 9-7 might even be in question.

Anyway, the Rams are going to have a lot of issues in about 2 years, when a lot of vets
    will have their contracts up for renewal, and the good rookies will also be done with their
    cheap rookie contracts and want more money.
    So, if the Rams don't win in the next two years, they won't sniff a SB for about 10 more years.

Go look for yourself - these so-called 'dynasties' - NEVER last. KC's won't, either, they will
    be toast in about two years, and the other teams in the AFC West will circle back to the top...

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Now there's noise that San Francisco isn't happy with Garroppolo and he might be headed back to New England.

10. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Agree with the first part, disagree with the second part.
    Can you not see: If Brady had no faith in NE getting him a supporting cast,
    then why the hell would any decent QB want to go there and inherit the same thing?

11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That's ANCIENT news, we were hearing that at the end of LAST season, a year ago.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah. I was surprised that SF was one of the first names to pop up if Watson was available.
    Do not recall any Niner chatter for Stafford, but I did not follow it too closely.
    It's kind of amazing how his star has tarnished in such a short amount of time.
    GMs ignore the F-chat NFL gurus @ their own peril, I guess!
    T

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    'Cause they wanted to get out of Detroit?!? :D
    T

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Shark01 posted a team failed unless they are in the SB ergo 2 teams play in the SB.

I disagree that "all 32 NFL owners/GMs/coaches, every one will tell anything less than a Superbowl is a failure". Rebuild is not a 1 year process and depends on where teams are in the rebuild. I would say the Browns had a successful season considering where they were last year, having a new HC, personnel changes, no OTA/preseason. For some Washington had a successful year just making the playoffs. The expectation is these teams build upon the 2020 season. Stagnant or regress then that would be a failure.

Make up your damn mind:D

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    We had a good run in the 90's. Those Boys teams were loaded. Always expected the Boys to contend.

What's crazy is the talk about Watson going to SF. No rebuild there once injured Niners get healthy.

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can't blame him. Patricia may be a good defensive coordinator, but that's about it

17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Rebuild or not, no Superbowl is a failure. No fans want to wait around during a rebuild, although it is a necessary part of the NFL.

18. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Well the Rams share your view going all in to win in the next 1-2 years with Stafford and mortgaging their draft capital. For them anything lsss than a SB win is a failure.

For the Jets or Fins getting Watson and making it to the AFC championship would be a win for the fans and the organization.

tomc likes this.
  19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The game changed quite a bit in the last two years alone:
    Teams discovered they needed mobile QB's - not 'runners' so much,
    but just mobile, as in not a statue.

I'm not so sure he's good at anything.
    He had great defensive players in NE, and now almost all of them are gone from NE.

See: Cleveland.
    Certain cities support their teams thru thick and thin - Cleveland, Oakland(whatever), KC, Denver, Pitt, Wash, Buff, Philly, GB, Chi, a few others,
    and certain cities DON'T: LA Chargers, Rams, SF, NY, Cincy, Mia, Hou, Jax, TB, Cardinals.
    Now remember: I said support he teams thru thick AND THIN - some teams only support
    teams when they are winning...

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think you said he'd stink when Detroit hired him and boy did that turn out to be true...T

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I did say that

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    New York? The Giants filled up their stadium every year, even when they were 2-14. When you have 14 million fans in a metro area, you'll always find 70,000 willing to pay to see an NFL game.

23. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Good grief, I meant JETS. Sorry.........

24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I said the same thing, somewhere....
    I named off a whole buncha guys that should just stick to doing what they do best: be OC's and DC's.

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Yeah, you're probably right about that bunch. They really should get a new stadium built in Queens.