St. Louis European Auto Show | Page 2 | FerrariChat

St. Louis European Auto Show

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by gordo993, Apr 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. georgestr

georgestr Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    Weather.com says no rain until noon, hopefully that doesn't deter too many people.

2. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    NOAA hourly forecast only says slight chance (20%) after 2pm. Other wise no rain till monday. Woohoo.

I got an email from Dan H. and it said the show was sold out! Its going to be a full show. It also said there will be a Bugati Veyron there! WOW 1001 hp! Too kool! See ya'll there. I'm trying to get my self moving so I can be there by 10:30 ish.

See ya at the show

Dave

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    great show, as always lots of variety. A bit disappointed that the Reventon wasn't there, but I don't think I'd take my brand new, $1mm+ toy to a car show either!

Am I committing car enthusiast heresy by saying I don't like the Veyron? It comes off as an interesting science experiment, and little else. Kinda like those Dauer 962 street-legal cars; just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Also, coolest vehicle there: the Confederate Wraith motorcycle. An absolute work of art!

4. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I think the show has outgrown it's venue. There were almost as many Ferraris parked in the lots as there were in the show.

5. etceterini.com

etceterini.com Karting

May 26, 2008
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Cliff Reuter
    What did you guys think of our beat up little Bandini/Devin??

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I liked it. An interesting piece of automotive history. though it could use a restoration!

7. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1, i know we're not alone in this feeling, some of us were talking that they should open up one of the other lots for cars as well, i don't think they necessarily need to find a new place to hold the show at, but definitely make it more accessible for cars. it's kind of nice though when even the parking lot is a car show, :)

i loved it! what are you running/planning on running under there?

other than baking out there, i thought the show was another success, there were more sponsor cars than spectator cars it seemed like though. bentley had a nice display as usual, the veyron was sweet, but i think they'd have to do some dealing on that blue g-spider and the green murcie.

i'll post some pics up soon.

8. etceterini.com

etceterini.com Karting

May 26, 2008
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Cliff Reuter
    #33 etceterini.com, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    QUOTE:
    I liked it. An interesting piece of automotive history. though it could use a restoration!

The thing is unrestored cars are all the rage these days...people like to see the
    "patina". We are going to get it mechanically together but the leave the "patina"
    for now.

QUOTE:
    i loved it! what are you running/planning on running under there?

The Crosley 750cc engine has been rebuilt and is ready to go and we
    have a spare set of restored Borranis and new tires for driving. Hopefully
    we'll have it running and driving in time for the next Easter show, barring snow.

My Dad Jack also has a restored 1955 Bandini which is pictured below:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I thought the show was great again this year. I really liked seeing the 70's era Maserati. Great Ferrari turnout again guys/gals. I heard alot of good things from the passerbys.

I agree the venue is getting a little crowded. The lot across the way was a car show in and of itself. The mercedes/porsche/bmws were kinda mixed in together.

The bandini was kool. Thanx for showing it. Its hard to believe guys raced in those open cars.

+1 on the lambos. Not my colors at all.

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Very interesting. People need to understand what race cars really look like from in period instead of always seeing them restored to a condition they likely never were. I do enjoy well restored cars (the '55 Bandini looks great) but I wonder if too many people now think that how they are presented at Pebble Beach actually represents their in-period appearance.

I was a bit surprised that with the exception of the 330GT there were no older F-cars.

My opinion on the dealer displays is that they need to be moved to an area so the older cars are more of the centerpiece, with the exception of Hyman. Maybe if they moved the show to the south area near Flemmings and the back of Niemans they would have more space.

The Bora was noice to see - hadn't seen one for a long time. That one needs some attention though.

Fatcab: Were you there? Didn't see the car displayed.

Jeff

11. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Great pics/video, Scott!

The show had a lot more space in the days before the "frontage buildings" at Plaza Frontenac. Brios/Flemings/Pottery Barn eat up a lot of the parking lot now. Since it is a benefit for the Shriner's hospital next door, and the hospital is moving (to O'Fallon I think) are there plans to move the show, too?

12. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    thanks. i've got some better video, i just have to get the software to attach my actual video camera to my computer and i'll upload some then. the highlight for me was probably seeing the r8 in person.

13. JOHNHOF

JOHNHOF Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    I enjoyed looking at the Bandini, thanks for bringing it.

14. TdF

TdF Karting

Aug 4, 2006
    I enjoyed it immensely. And my vote is keep it as it is. So rarely now does one have the opportunity to find and
    preserve in the vintage car arena (Devin body). Alternatively, the Bandini Spider would fail no auto perfectionist.

I enjoyed meeting you.

Talking with your father was great. He shared events about my father that I did not know. Cherished always.