St. Louis area car collectors | FerrariChat

St. Louis area car collectors

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by rollsorferrari?, Jun 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hey guys, I am just trying to get some information. I am trying to find out some information on big time car collectors in or around the St. Louis area. I have met Jean-Paul Montupet, who had the 550 Barchetta, 612 Scaglietti and a few others at the European Auto Show. Also, I know about Mario Gleijeses, however are there any other big time collectors? My Aunt and Uncle live next door to Mark Hyman, and he is a really cool guy with a lot of cool cars. Anyway, let me know! Thanks!

2. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    I'll bet ya the guy with the FXX has a nice collection. Don't know his name.

3. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
  4. dwil

dwil Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    ozarks
    Full Name:
    Dave Wilson
    There was a fellow named Chuck Haines there in SL that had a huge collection
    of racing cars from the can-am era. I bought an old F5000 roller from him
    years ago with the notion of making it a street legal toy. But it sat in my
    garage for several years collecting dust, so when he called wanting to buy
    it back I agreed. I hauled it back to his warehouse that contained at least
    40-50 old race cars from the can-am era.

5. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    yeah, i am joining the fca in a couple of weeks, when i return from out of town. the man that owns the fxx is a man by the name of mario gleijeses. he lives about a mile from my house, and man, his house is nice. he has a 10+ car garage, and i would die to see what is inside of that garage. thanks for the input guys!

6. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Lucky you. The FCA members there are a bunch of good people. You'll never feel out of place. They are quite active there.