Sprintraces are coming | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sprintraces are coming

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Mar 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    I fully agree with most of your analysis, except the following: on-track activities do matter in some cases, that is in those cases where exceptional circumstances might spike additional interest from the general public. Therefore I am convinced that Hamilton will win his record breaking 8th title this year no matter how, only because this is in the interest of the show.

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was really meaning that what happens on track is not organic... its been manufactured by the rules. so if you are in a dominant car then you will win unless they screw up a pit stop, or there is a mistake.... reliability of the cars is so huge today break downs are far less likely... and teams cant innovate their way to the top... that is why they have to invent all these crazy ideas of reverse grids, etc...

3. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Crap idea, not least because I love watching qualifying in the current elimination format. If they do this, will they call the Saturday race a 'Petit Prix'?

kes7u likes this.
  4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

On the other hand, a dramatic surprise is often better for box office.

Who Shot J.R. ?