Spring Indianapolis Fchat Cruise | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spring Indianapolis Fchat Cruise

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Webby, Feb 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    You have probably seen a whole lot more than me. The only Ferraris I have seen in the wild upclose are a 360 Modena (TdF blue 6speed & challenge grille) and bergxu's black 308 GTSi. Other than that a couple Testarossas and 308/328s briefly on the highway. Two Diablos in the wild, 1 Quattroporte, 3 Aston Martins (2 DB9 coupe, 1 DB7 Volante), and about 10 Bentleys. Other than that nothing noteworthy!

2. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    A list off the top of my head:

355, all versions
    360(all versions)
    430(all versions)
    250 gto (several)
    CGT(ridden in)
    Diablo
    Gallardo
    Countach
    TR
    porsche GT2
    PorscheGT3
    F40
    F40LM
    And several astons, and more ferraris.
    thats all i remember. Wow im lucky

going back to the cruise, ill have to talk to my dad about it. I should be able to go.

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I think it's time to start planning more specific details. March 10 sounds like it will work for everybody, how about just meeting at the same place as last October, Dick's Bodacious BBQ, around noon? Rick you can take over from here.

4. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    I'm working on the details. Dick'sBBQ is no more. The owner has remodeled and has reopened under the new name of "HotShots". I'm going to drop by and check it out to see if it's still the best place to meet. If not, I'll figure out something else.

We're supposed to have good weather on Wednesday and even better on Thursday. I'll get the G out and scope out a route for the drive - making sure the roads are in good condition with minimal potholes. Weather forecast may be iffy for Saturday but it's too early to tell at this point.

5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    My little Honda and I may be headed to Canada this weekend, so I am not sure if we will be able to make it.

6. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Rick, at Castleton Square there is a business called Kings Image, a fine clothing store and tailor. The owners are car buffs and have a Superperformance Cobra inside the store along with 100 or so Lambo and others model cars. One of the guys is restoring a Jaques Villenuve style Indy car. They have offered their lot to you for Saturday if you still need a place to assemble and send off. They are open Sat, see or call John Edwards there, he would be happy for the traffic.

Bill

7. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue

Sounds like a good place to meet. I'll call John and check it out. Stay turned for more details......

Rick

8. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I rearranged my plans and I will be able to make it there for Saturday. So my little Honda and I will be there with all of you Italians. Take it easy on us...we drive slowly. :)

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Yes! I like Bill's idea of the place with the Cobra.
    Rick do you know if Mike Green can come? I haven't heard from him. Or any of these 3 red Diablos in the pic you sent me? Also somebody named Ron Kielkowski emailed me and said he is interested so I gave him your conact info, I hope you don't mind. I don't know what kind of car he'll be bringing.

10. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue

I've not heard from anyone else, but we've still got a couple of days to go. Two of the red Diablos, the VTand the SV, are from out-of-state (Michigan and Ohio), the MoMo is an Indiana car, but can't attend due to travel.

The weather forecast is looking better for Saturday. I'm going to run the route tomorrow to make sure the roads are in good shape.

11. Indykid

Indykid Rookie

Apr 25, 2006
    Geist
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I sure would like to meet up with you guys, but my car is under the knife and should be finished up late saturday. Maybe I can catch the next one.

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    What kind of car? What are you getting done?

13. Indykid

Indykid Rookie

Apr 25, 2006
    Geist
    Full Name:
    Lee
    It's a 02 996tt. I'm just finishing up a turbo and header upgrade. I got half of it done last sunday so it's almost ready. I could bring out the S4 but it's just not as fun. lol

Lee

14. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    #39 doltmo, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We are ON for Saturday!

The latest weather forecasts predict a chance of showers, but odds are we'll be OK. Everybody bring your cars as-is and clean them up after the run. (Except Dan - your 6.0 definitely needs a bath!)

We will meet at the King's Image in the Castleton shopping center around 1pm. Come early if you want, I'll be there by 12:30. The King's Image is on the back (north) side if the mall - see the map below. They are giving us access to their parking lot and banquet room/bar to gather prior to the run. There's no food here, so grab lunch before you arrive.

We will depart about 2pm. Details on the run will be distributed on Saturday.

In the event of a possible rain-out, watch this thread Saturday morning for any updates. PM me for my cell phone number if need it. Call if you have any last minute questions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    One note:
    The ring road at the mall has huge speed bumps. I'd hate to see a bunch of Lambos hung up with all 4 wheels off the ground, so use the entry road off of 86th by King's, don't drive around the mall unless you cut thru the parking rows.

16. Indykid

Indykid Rookie

Apr 25, 2006
    Geist
    Full Name:
    Lee
  17. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
  18. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I can't wait!

Nice Porsche!

19. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #44 Webby, Mar 8, 2007
  20. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Rick, also have somebody who wants to join but won't be able to until around 3 pm. Could you set up a meeting place about 1 hour into the cruise to meet latecomers?

21. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Is that Jim's or his buddy's that went karting with us?

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    His name is Ron, I don't think he's met any of you, but maybe he did. I think he found out through ViperAlley.com, I posted about this there too.

23. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    I'll see if I can work it into the route. I'm heading out in the Gallardo this afternoon to scope out the roads.

24. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    Anyone who wants to join up with the group mid-way through the run (around 3pm), we will be stopping at the BP gas station on Hwy 37 in Noblesville, a few stop lights south of Hwy 32. PM me with your cell phone # if you want to hook up. The weather is a little uncertain for Saturday and we may be making some on-the-fly adjustments to the route and schedule.

25. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #50 Webby, Mar 8, 2007
    Ok we have a Lotus Seven joining! (Unless it's raining of course) Also possible another Lotus or 2 joining at the BP station, I told them to call me on Saturday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login