Spring Ferrari Drive in GTA. | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Spring Ferrari Drive in GTA.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JamesSimpson, Apr 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Spring/Summer GTA Ferrari Drive June 21st. Who's coming!?

1. Yes! Sign me up for June 21st 2008.

2. Another date please.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Hey Paul, it was nice seeing you again
    what did you end up doing today?

2. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Paul,

I want you to know that the biggest surprise and smile I got on this run was seeing your car. I never knew they existed, and when I heard you driving into the parking lot, I was honestly looking behind you to find the Ferrari responsible for that great sound. I had the pleasure of trailing you for a long stretch on our drive, and when you flipped the switch and raised your rear wing, my buddy and I laughed out loud at how cool that was. You have a truly unique and fun car, and I'm really happy that we got to meet you and see it. As far as I'm concerned, you must bring that to all our meets. It's one of a kind!

To think that Ferrari wanted to make their owners happy by creating a Lancia badged car that could haul their kids and groceries while still having that great sound says alot about Ferrari.

Cheers,
    Mark

3. sweets

sweets Karting

Oct 3, 2004
    Markham
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    First and Foremost, I want to thank Brett for putting such an AWESOME day together, Thankfully the waether held up. Thanks for the FANTASTIC route and the great hospitality. I really want to Thank Rocco, for taking me out in the TR, You made my day Roc, I still can't get the grin off my face. I can't thank you enough!!!!!!. It was really a pleasure meeting all of you. It's nice to finally put faces to the names. I look forward to the next run.

4. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good seeing you again too Zak.
    I saw the weather and decided to stay in the garage and reinstall my spun aluminum gas tank ....please do not laugh...in my VW kit car bodied as a 1927 Bugatti Type 35 B grand prix race car. I am taking it to the cottage for the long weekend and Canada day celebrations up in Haliburton/Minden...the organisers get a kick out of me bringing a different unusual car each year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TurboS

TurboS Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Toronto ON
    LOL

She kept repeating "This is Awesome, This is Awesome", it was like a broken record.

6. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    it doesn't sound like that usually, we put an aftermarket stainless exhaust on when i was at autoforum but still a very cool car none the less...

7. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul

After I got the car from Autoforum the exhaust was leaking at the union of the stainless behind the soft metal Y that follows the double original cats. I took the exhaust off and put the original muffler system back on.....still sounded great but not quite as much bark as with the Magnaflow so when my custom stainless Y arrived I reinstalled the Magnaflow and replaced the y with stainless...will probably change out the cats at some time too and go with a Magnaflow cat to open up a few more horses yet...slowly work my way back to the engine to see what can come out of her.

8. tdb

tdb Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    TDB
    Everyone - we had a truely amazing day. My son couldn't stop talking about Saturday. We all had a really good time.
    Brett - if you ever give up repairing cars you could open up a catering business - you went out of your way :)

I had the pleasure of driving behind the Ford GT for a while and I tell you - when he lit the car up on the straight to pass the line it felt like I was watching the LeMans movie. What a powerful car and its exhaust note.

Just an FYI - Daytona Auto is having a Sick Kids charity event in July in Vaughan - 27 & 7 area. The event is called "I Wish Ferrari" - it gives the chance for some kids with disabilities to come out on a parade lap around Vaughan in one of our cars. I have been asked by Alex from Daytona to reach out to the community and see if anyone is interested in attending.

9. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #259 355, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
    Yes this will be a great event. I was talking to Alex the other day but forgot to ask if he has changed the date as he will be working the pits for the challenge races up at Monte tremblant on the same day as the event was scheduled. Daytona is a great place with friendly people and I will be out in July along with some friends. Lets see how many we can get out there for the kids. :)

10. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    yup, count the GranTurismo crew in. i'll bring down at least 2 personal cars, more if it helps.
    it really is the least that someone as fortunate as myself can do.
    please keep us posted re: the specific details. thanks.

11. tdb

tdb Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    TDB
    The day is July 13 .08 Sunday afternoon. 1pm - 3pm - Hwy 27 & 7 area.

If you can make it - please send me a PM with your email address and the car you will be bringing.

Newman - got your msg - I'm counting you in and Brett got yours (you bringing which cars ?).

12. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When you get the dates send them my way. I'd love to help out.

13. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    Thanks Brett for organising a great outing and tour of his shop. You've got a nice set up there, bro! It was great to meet some more Fchat guys. I loved the sound of the Lancia-Ferrari, Paul, and got a kick of your retractable rear wing. I hope you bring it out to some more drives. Another highlight was meeting Newman (finally!) and chatting about his 308 resto. Speaking of which, I'm heading over to the 308 section now to see if there are any updates.
    Tony, the July charity event is looking good for me. I'll confirm a little closer to the date. You may want to start a thread about that.

Esteban

14. tdb

tdb Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    TDB
    Hi guys,

I lost the Ford GT's guys contact info.. If anyone has it - can you send me a note.

Thanks.

15. Marco0355

Marco0355 Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    GTA
    I can pass a message to him if you'd like, you can PM me or email me at [email protected]

16. fastguy

fastguy Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Hi Guys! it has taken forever for me to get on the site. Had to re-register as someone else (sorry administrator but couldn't wait any longer to get new password. I owed it to the guys here to post). Anyways it was FANTASTIC!! GREAT route, great cars and most of all great guys and gals.
    Oh yea I had the Ford GT and Marco was my navigator when his eyes weren't jammed SHUT!! Marco you look no worse for the wear. Glad I was able to join/ be invited with you guys. You all have great pieces of rolling art. Have always loved Ferrarris, just have never gotten around to buying one yet.
    Sorry couldn't stay longer as had a wedding at Casa Loma to attend. Boy that is where we should get a photo shoot of these great cars. (Hey Scarfone where are you and can you arrange this? He is a great photographer for you guys who do not know him).
    Next time I will stay longer and take guys out who want a ride. Took Walter from Hotpipes out and boy was he grinning from ear to ear. Can't wait to see the video he took while in the car. Walter if your out there post a clip of the ride for all of us to enjoy!!
    I will now get a chance to see the pics that you guys took.
    Again great time and can't wait to do it again!!

17. fastguy

fastguy Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    great pictures guys! Anybody get any video clips of any parts of the cruise?

18. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Angelo see thead below --(Ferrari chat cruise video June 21) for a video of event.

also see (Sunset Speedway July 5th) Walter of Hot Pipes wants to shoot some more film that night.

19. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M

20. SHEMM

SHEMM Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    ILIO
    Ang:

Great to see you again - that car never ceases to amaze me each time I see it.

Shiny side up!

Ilio

21. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    thanks again for joining us... had an amazing time hearing and seeing your car in action haha

22. fastguy

fastguy Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Ilio good to see you again too. Next time you're at the plant ask for me. We can have an espresso together. Is your car ready yet? Shiny side up?? Hold on the bottom of the car is shiny too!!
    Kaz550 thx. Next time will have to take you for a ride.
    as for July 5th I am in Sonoma Cali for a trip. Not back until the 13th, unfortunatley. If there are other dates times for any video shooting for Lucas or Hotpipes let me know.
    Have a great time guys and make those kids happy at the charity event.

23. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Fastguy: The Hotpipes crew is coming to Sunset Speedway this Saturday July 5. See
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202780

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137825928&postcount=13