Spring Drive! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Spring Drive!

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by GerryYlwF355, Apr 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jeff, I'll have to see if Isaac chimes in as he is the official weather guy for the FOC. I would say wait to clean it afterwards because you'll guarantee rain otherwise. :)

Mike

2. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    i cleaned mine...probebly shouldn't have...but couldn't look at it dirty anymore.........MO

3. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Too Late! I spent all day cleaning mine too - in fact I'm just taking a break right now to check fchat. It's 6:37 and we are getting a light rain, if it stops soon enough to let the roads dry up - I'm on the way....otherwise.....well......I'll be going to church with my significant other.

Like MODMAKI...I just couldn't stand to have a dirty car for another day! I'd be embarrassed to let anyone see it dirty...I know I'm anal.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for clear weather tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Yup cleaned my car today to I would hate for you guys to see her dirty. My good old 98 grand prix :)

5. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike

For a while there it was looking like it was going to threaten to rain, but then the sun came back out. I'm still waiting for Isaac, the official weather forecaster for the FOC to chime in. I'm looking forward to a beautiful day!

M

6. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #56 nthfinity, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is a fair amount of heat in the atmosphere, and plenty of moisture... but there isn't another cooler air mass to interrupt the fun for today ...

Tomorrow.... SUNDAY's forecast

It's going to rain overnight into AA/ Ypsi... likely to start around 12:30-1am, and shouldn't last very long. Edit: These are isolated showers.

We are in a very odd weather pattern right now, which is not unlike a counter-clockwise depression often found below the equator... but we are in the midst of a stationary front.... seems there has been enough pressure to keep the front from entering deeply into Michigan.

The main item I'm concerned about is a large rain system at the north of Ohio. It seems to be veering away from Michigan, but it could carry into the AA/ Dearborn/ Ypsi area overnight. This is the worry

In this front, it is quite difficult to tell.

Thankfully, we have some higher pressure sweeping across the northwest of the State pushing the low pressure zone, and ultimately, the stationary front out of Michigan as we speak, and there is a chance that overnight, the threats of rain are naught. hopefully the Higher pressure moves in, which makes the Rain moves out = good

http://weather.unisys.com/images/sat_sfc_map_loop.html
    http://squall.atmos.uiuc.edu/2008/04/20/sfcslp/200804200200_N.gif
    http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

As of tonight, my best guess is for good weather tomorrow. I'll post a more accurate forecast at 10 minutes after 6am
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James

I have no idea what you just said :) , but I'll see you tomorrow regardless.

8. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL James! What I gathered was:

It might be awesome, or it might be crap. :)

Rain tonight shouldn't be too bad.

I just finished a test run of the route, some minor tweaks to adjust for construction, but other than that, not too shabby. We'll cover some familar territory (no, we're not going to HELL tomorrow), 71.5 miles covering rural, and also a 10.9 mile stint on the highway.

I'm printing off 20 maps, and I'll be sure to host a driver's meeting prior to our departure (which should be no later than 10am, hopefully, 9:30am, but I know how things go!)

There is a photo op if the group so decides, we can stop at mirage lake and line the cars up for a nice photograph if everyone is agrees and would like to do that.

Isaac, any updates on your crew? (Like numbers?) Leo's it doesn't matter because everyone is doing breakfast on their own, but I told Aubree's to expect 20-22 people.

I'm excited, see you guys tomorrow!

FYI - For those of you who aren't aware, I've accepted a position within my company down in the Atlanta, GA area. My first day down there is 5/19 so this is my last event I'm planning with the FOC-MI. It's been a good run, and I'll keep in touch!

Thanks!

Mike

9. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Awe Mike don't put a damper on the day before it starts.

Congrats on the new position.

10. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Who I'm expecting tomorrow:

Ken B. and his brother Jim (911)
    Nick Lee (+1)
    Jeff Green
    Larry (911)
    Ray G (Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo)
    Gerry and Cherry
    Harry (930 Slant Nose)
    Isaac (+2 for sure, possibly 4) Lambo? Couple of Ford GT's?
    Jerry H. (+1)
    Mike and Lisa O
    Mo +1 (50/50)
    James (Asian1118)
    Demetrios +3 (kick butt vettes for SURE!)
    Craig

This is at least who I've heard from

11. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No damper man, it is going to be an awesome day!

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Right now, Harry is "out" unless the weather breaks right tomorrow. The GT's depend on how late they are up tonight, and I haven't heard back from the Lambo guy's for a while.... Hoping for the best...

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Congratulations Mike! I'm exited for you! Before you go, we must do a proper set of photos of the 348 ;)

14. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely my man! Maybe we can shoot a few at the warehouse amongst an Enzo, F40, 288 GTO, Veyron,....Wait, then you won't even notice my car!

LOL

:)

15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
  16. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
  17. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Seems the rain has moved EAST overnight, and not north!

No rain North of 94 IMHO.... patchy rain south for a bit, but the weather predominantly is south east.

18. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    so is it going to rain?...........MO

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I don't think so LOL

20. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you guys in a bit

21. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    Thanks to all who came out..Mike it was a wonderful route..got a little lost and the Boxer ran like 7hit...but it was nice being around all those wonderful machines........Mike once agian we will miss you and it won't be the same without you... we'll see you guys next at Cauley for the Tech session May 10th...........MO

22. miboxer96

miboxer96 Karting

Jul 9, 2007
    SE Michigan
    Full Name:
    LTN
    Mike,

Thanks a million for setting this all up. You did a great job, and it will be hard to fill your shoes up here. Good luck down in GA. Hope you have fun.

I saw about 5 police cars on 94 heading East out of Ypsi. There was a MSP suburban with Laser a little bit East of where the Michigan/Ecorse exit. I was in the mid 80's in the far right lane when he hit me. I was nervous for about a minute, then realized that I was in the clear....Then I saw 3 cars pulled over a few miles down the road. Anyone here want to fess up? Some sort of ambush??? Laser tags the cars, and then an unmarked pulls them over. MSP must need some extra revenue.

Luckily, I made it through OK....

See you guys again soon.
    Larry

23. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Once again, Mother Nature blessed us with a beautiful day for a drive! Thank you to all who were able to make it!

Thanks Mo, thank you also for your kind words. It's been fun, and I wish you all continued success. Although I'm moving, I'll be sure to remember my roots here as well. I'll still post on F-chat, and I'm sure we'll stay in touch.

I'm telling you Mo, if you invited Terry to be your co-pilot, the Boxer would have run as smooth as a babies bottom! ;-)

What a great group we had today! Has anyone heard from Ray and how he fared with his cooling issue?

24. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for joining the fun James! Great pics!