Spotter's Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Spotter's Thread

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ferrari_kid, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #51 GarnetRedCoupe, Apr 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    starting tomorow I am carrying a camera in my car

3. E-SPRIX87

E-SPRIX87 Rookie

Apr 20, 2004
    Unionville, PA
    Yesterday saw a nice red Ferrari Modena pulling onto the Route 30 bypass near Exton square heading west. After looking at these boards for awhile I thought I would finnally join.

...tom

4. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Good chance that truck was on it's way to JK Technologies in Baltimore. That company makes cars legal for the u.s. They've done 959's, mclarens, etc...they do the emissions work to make it ready for u.s. roads. I believe I read an article on them awhile back and they had a smart car in the shop already.

some links I've found:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=coverstory&loc_code=index&content_code=09282484 Read the blue box on the right.

http://www.ewheels.ca/scripts.dll?action=ShowPage&sid=&page=4&target=

5. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Welcome to the board E-SPRIX87.

6. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I saw four Ferraris today at Hershey Park (PA) between 7:45am and 1:00pm:

Yellow 360 Coupe
    Red 308/328
    White Mondial
    Red 512?

7. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    it wasn't a ferrari, but i keep seeing this guy. it's a blue dodge viper srt with the white racing stripe. he goes to a gym in arnold, which is where i'm always seeing his car.

8. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Sited shortly after midnight Saturday (well, early Sunday morning, technically) on the Outer Loop of the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) from I-95 entrance until I got off at Exit 21- fly yellow 360 Modena with FL tags and chrome wheels.

9. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    Red 355 Berlinetta on Route 50 West in Chantilly VA, April 28th around 7:30pm. Honked as I drove by, but my 308's air horn is not very loud.

10. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    That was me in my 355GTS I was turning to go to McDonalds to hook up with wife and daughter after soccer practice. Heard you, but by the time I saw your car out of the corner of my eye you were gone.

11. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    Wow a GTS not a Berlinetta. See what trying to watch the road and not the exotic sports car gets you. :eek:

It's a beautiful car.

12. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    I am bald so I have never had the roof out. I have a Corvette Convertable if I want to drive topless!

13. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    It started this morning on my way into work. Going south on 95 in Maryland, near 198, I spotted an Intercity transporter. Hmmm, I thought, I wonder what is in there? Something very cool I'll bet. Later on I had to run an errand for work that took me from Laurel to Westminster and back. Between having seen the transporter and the beutiful day I was definately on the lookout. For the first two hours or so, of what is generally a 2 1/2 hour drive, I saw NOTHING. Not even a Porsche! Finally though, going west on Route 32(past Clarksville) I saw a yellow 355 spider with a black interior and a driver that kinda looked pissed to be stuck in slow traffic. If the driver is reading this you might have seen me, I was the one that was grinning from ear to ear while breaking my neck trying to look as I went by in the other direction.

14. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Saw a red Alfa on Rt-152 with a GTO style front end on it. Looked neat

15. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    #65 ferrari_kid, May 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Is it me, or does that look like a kit car?

17. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    how'd you come up with that?

18. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Friday 4/30/04 about 6pm I saw a red 355 GTB (or S with red top) pulling onto the beltway 495 N. Anyone here?

19. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Saw a red 360 spider on 32 east 5/2

jimangle- looks like a kit car to me also, something about the rear and the taillights..........

20. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i am 99% sure thats a kit

21. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    how can you guys tell? what kind of things should i be looking for? i'll post another pic i got of the car asap.

22. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Last Friday 4/30/04 red 328 turning onto Van Dusen Road from Cherry Lane. I'd guess coming from Grand Touring. Also, I have had several reports from people that I work with of a green 308 in and around Laurel.

After it was mentioned I thought that something looked a little stange about the 355 as well. I went looking for pictures from approximately the same angle and from what I can tell it matches up pretty well. It still looks a little odd to me, but I can't really tell why.

23. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    i'm doing the same thing right now. i'm looking at the actual photo i took, it's a lot better quality than the scanned version. the only real differences i can see is that the 355 Spider badge isn't located on the black trim area next to the center mount brake light. but i noticed something up with the tail lights now, but maybe it's just the angle i took it at?

24. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Two things that I can see that look a little odd are the fact that in your picture, as it appears online, it looks like the rear bumper curves down towards the middle and it appears that the outside tailights are one color, which is different from the pictures I am looking at. You were there, what did it sound like? Did anything about it seem odd?

25. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    It is missing the 355 spider badge and the taillights don't appear to be protruding from the back very much.