Spotter's Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spotter's Thread

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ferrari_kid, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    saw a red 355 GTB in State College at around 10:00 pm on E college ave. ive seen it before around town, this anyone's car on this board?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Red 308 -over the weekend driving North then much later South on 476 near Conshohocken on Sunday on almost the exact same stretch of road. Didn't get close enough (my pursuit car was the TR6) to get the exact model but I think it was a QV.

3. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Saw a red 550 on sunday. I actually tried to race him in my 308 and got SMOKED. It was fun though. He was hauling.

4. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Jim were you driving around rt 1 and baltimore pike on sunday afternoon. I saw a 308 with honeycomb gold rims and the targa off?
    Erik

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Jim were you driving around rt 1 and baltimore pike on sunday afternoon. I saw a 308 with honeycomb gold rims and the targa off?
    Erik

6. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Erik,
    Yep, that was me. My girlfriend lives in media. I'm usually in this area quite a bit. I'm just not usually driving the Ferrari though. I use my other p.o.s. to commute from pa. to McGuire afb during the week.

7. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That's not a bad ride I go from Media to Ardmore every day for work after school. I'll keep my eye out for your ride.
    Erik

8. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Sunday 4/18: yellow 355GTB going north on GW Parkway, while Barbara and I were taking our usual Sunday morning drive going south.

9. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    today, around 2:30, I saw a black 360 spider in bel air on route 1 near the bel air wawa. It had a red leather interior and everyone on the side of the road stopped to look. hey GarnetRedCoupe, Is that a photo from Cignata? I saw it the one day they had the photoshoot with the ferrari and 3 944's. The guy apparently knocked his mirror off when he backed out of his garage.

10. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #35 GarnetRedCoupe, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thats funny, I saw a red 360 spider a few months ago in the same area headed towards Churchville (bad pic), I think he lives off of 136?

The picture I posted before is the same car, I was on the way to a PCA meeting and saw it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Driving from Baltimore to Charlottesville on Saturday morning, spotted a silver-blue 360 Modena going South on I-95 towards the Capital Beltway shortly before 11:00 a.m., and a strange dark green (not Verde Silverstone) Maranello with VA dealer tags heading South on Rte. 29 just North of C'ville. about 1:00 p.m. Returning the next day, saw a red 360 Spider heading North on Rte. 29 just North of C'ville. at about 1:30 p.m. Certainly more Ferraris than I usually see on that trip.

12. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I saw an ENZO today on lancaster ave. It was bought by some guy that is a paintball guy and a developer. I saw the car outside of work, and it was sick red with black interior I believe. It was sick.
    Erik

13. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    digitec-- My cousin saw the ?same? Ferrari today pulled off on 24 around 7pm.

14. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    While I was making deliveries tonight, I delivered to a man in Glen Angus who was outside washing his red Lamborghini Diablo. I'm not sure which model or year it was, but I know it wasn't a 6.0 or any sepcial edition. The interior was tan, and personally I thought that the 360 spider was much better looking. Also on my way home, I rode next to a 308 GTS that is frequently in the showroom at cignata and a black 355 spider.

15. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes, I live off of RT 136. Owned a red Spider that I sold last fall, and bought a Black Spider. I was in Bel Air yesterday around 2:30, in the Black car. I am also a member of the PCA. Are there many f Car people in Harford County?
    Tom

16. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow, great looking car Tom! Did you ever own a black 928? Are you interested in our auto-x or the rally to lunch?

17. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    No 928's, but I did own a 996TT X-50, and 3 other 911's. I may go as an observerer to the auto-x, but spider has less than 200 miles, not good for "break-in".
    Tom

18. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    Tom, your car is beautiful, likely the nicest car I have ever seen driving through bel air. Will you be attending the italian tour in Gaithersburg on sunday?

So anyway, today I was driving back from autowerks on route1, and I came to a stop light next to a carrier with 4 very interesting cars on it. The was a new BMW 6 series convertable in black, a red ferrari 355 coupe, an older countach, and a Smart City Coupe. The BMW and the Ferrari were awesome, but what the hell was a Smart CC doing in Bel Air, even in the US?? It was brand new, i guess it was going for sale, but where would they sell something like that in the US? The CC was very small, i would say shorter in length but a lot taller than a mini cooper.

19. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I am going to have to ride around with you one day! I never get to see these gems in Bel Air :(

20. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is a guy that lives on 543 that has a bunch. I am not sure of his name but he lives on "Prancing Horse Farm." I am sure the Bel Air guys know who I am talking about.

21. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    It has only been this past week that I have seen all of these cars. On saturday a black rolls royce phantom turned out of my neighborhood, and later that day I saw a black and a white porsche gt3 parked next to each other in a parking lot in edgewood. Also, did anyone hear about the events on friday night on route 24 in bel air? I didnt see it, but a few people told me that a camera crew was racing murcielagos and 360's for a street racing video.

about the guy on 543, it is called "Prancing Horse Farm". I have never been there but I have been told that the guy owns a few classics and has a showroom/museum kind of thing going on. I'll look into it and post some details.

22. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    Does anyone know where I could find an enzo around here? Anywhere in MD/DC area? I have always wanted to see one and take some pictures.

23. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    His name is Ron S., I have been told that he no longer has the farm, and he may have left the area. Of course this is just the "word on the street". I met him several years ago at Chesapeake HD. I did meet a fellow last summer at the Big M car show, he was selling a 308, or a 328, he was from Bel Air.
    Let me know when you would like to go for a ride.
    Tom

24. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin

Hey Tom, Welcome to the board!
    There are a few of us in Belair. I'm just off Wheel and MacPhail. Hope to see you running around some time.
    Will

25. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think I saw him or the new owner of the farm last summer in a big truck with "Prancing Horse" on the side. Any sunny day is a good day for me to take a ride!