Sports Cars in 30K - 65K range | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sports Cars in 30K - 65K range

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Ilya, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

We should all be that lucky, buying your own Ferrari is quite a thrill and acomplishment! congrats on the great kid that deserves whatever car and on your 360!

BTW. Are you adopting.....?

2. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    lol no, I am just blessed with a magnificent son. :)

I might take you up on the offer...but Im not sure that a porsche is right again
    a. school it will get vandalized (how lame, student with lesser cars actually key and break windows of nice cars...and we live in a very nice area also!)
    b. A porsche is a high car, I also want him to buy his own

Thanks for the offer though!

3. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I would at all times give him the Elise key. The Elise has not too much HP and it really hones driving skills. It is a lot more difficult to get into trouble with an Elise than with a "normal" muscle car.

4. C32 AMG,M3 E36 or E46, C55 AMG, SLK32, Used Vette, Porsche Boxter S... List goes on

5. speedingpenguin

speedingpenguin Karting

Apr 6, 2004
    wow....lucky kid!
    I'm 16 and, although I'd love an Esprit or a Viper or even just a 308, theres no way on earth I could ever afford one now or even in a year or two. I'll have about 6k bucks for a car when I sell my dads old car (I get a portion of it).
    Right now I drive my dads old car (97 Cadillac Catera) and everyone sorta acts like I'm spoiled.....which isnt good....even though its not my car!
    If my parents had tons of $$$ to spend on a car for me (heck, I doubt they're even gonna pay for my insurance! i've only been driving for a month now thouhg), I'd probably want a nice Porsche 928....although I'd LOVE a really nice 944 Turbo as well (less expensive).....I'd also love an e36 M3 coupe :p

Oh well, enough of me dreaming, lol

Just force him to drive a 993 Porsche or an early NSX.....(poor kid!)
    Have you looked at G35 coupes? I HIGHLY recomend looking at them...my dads got an AWD sedan and its conciderably slower than a coupe, but its sooooo much fun to drive.....Seriously....Sure its not exotic or anything, but for a 17 year old, damn what I wouldnt do for a G35 coupe, LOL Fast sporty handles AWSOME, on the inexpensive side (for you, lol)

BTW my names Chris and if you ever feel like one son isnt enough, send me a PM and I can be at your doorstep in whatever amount of time it takes to get from MA to your house, hahaha

oh BTW i'll take his old truck....;-)

6. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Its a really bad idea, have him buy his own car because otherwise he will have no respect. I've known people whose parents purchased them $45k sports car that they destoryed the transmission and engine of and wrecked numerous times. My first car was a hand me down '89 Cutlass Supreme. I purchased my current car last year with money I had saved up for 4 years. When you pay for your own stuff you tend to do a lot fewer crazy things.

I really don't want to see another hot shot Mario Andretti wannabe 16 year old on the streets. But, in the end its your decision as the father.