Sport Seat Lifter | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sport Seat Lifter

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Robert P, Oct 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BDUBB

BDUBB Rookie

May 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRANDON
    Can dealer raise seat on 488 race seats?

2. BDUBB

BDUBB Rookie

May 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRANDON
    Find the answer to this?

3. BDUBB

BDUBB Rookie

May 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRANDON
    Is it the same for the 488? If no lifter, can you still adjust to bring seat higher? Can dealer do it?

4. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    yes they can by putting a spacer but only 1-2 inches max

5. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Bringing this back up.

I wonder how many people that ordered the F8 added the seat lifter to the carbon seats?

I don't think I need it but my dealer keeps repeating I should get it...

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I didn’t have it on my 488. I didn’t get it on my pissed up. Don’t regret it one bit

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hill engineering now makes a spacer kit to raise the seat if needed. Did not order it with my race seats.

8. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    I ordered it and was a little surprised there was no passenger side option. I set it once and now leave it alone so the Hill Engineering spacers option is most probably just as good an option and can also be fitted to the passenger side.

9. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    The Hill engineering kit is superb. Three height options, easy to fit, can be fitted to the passenger seat as well, and costs peanuts compared to the Ferrari item. It transformed my 488 non lift race seats.

10. TheGaucho

TheGaucho Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    SergeFurRE
    Just purchased and received Hill Engineering's Race Seat Lifter spacers for my Ferrari 458 (shipped from the UK to the USA in less than a week). The spacers of well made from what looks like machine aluminum, but this being for a Ferrari, it came without instructions. Anybody know the recommended torque settings for the four bolts that hold the race seats in place? I searched but couldn't find torque settings.

11. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I had the same question, here is the answer:

“The maximum safe torque for these fasteners are 26Nm / 19 lb/ft (unlubricated)
    It would also be advisable just to re-check the torque after 2- 3 runs in the car.”

12. TheGaucho

TheGaucho Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    SergeFurRE
    This is why I love FerrariChat! Thanks Dicecal!

Dicecal likes this.
  13. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    are you guys installing this yourself?

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes, easy peasy.

15. djdomenick

djdomenick Rookie

Apr 19, 2005
    I’m having a similar issue but am trying to work it out with my dealer to install the actual race seat lifter/cradle into the seat. It seems like it would just fit ? Has anyone on here installed / retrofitted the lifter after the fact into a racing seat that was installed without it?

When we looked at the parts manual it’s 3 parts, found them all, but are the seats backward compatible Bc one of the techs is saying it is not ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It’s been tried before, the consensus is it’s not possible.

17. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    It is so easy (10 mins maybe) that you can play around with the three height options to find one that suits you best. Realistically if you had the factory lifter and one driver you would only ever set it once and never touch it again.

Chizz and ntatfas like this.
  18. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    By and chance could you take pictures of the installation process?

I'm sure a lot of people are interesting to know (me included) :)

Thanks a lot in advance !

19. TheGaucho

TheGaucho Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    SergeFurRE
    I haven't installed the Hill Engineering height adjustment spacers yet, but when I do, I'll take pictures. I expect it to be easy because there are only 4 bolts to replace.

Chizz and pninja005 like this.
  20. TheGaucho

TheGaucho Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    SergeFurRE
    I tied to install the Hill Engineering spacers to lift the Race Seats on my 458 but was unable to get the "pegs" and bolt hole in the spacers to line up with the bottom of the seat rails. I was told by Hill Engineering that it's because my driver's side seat is apparently missing rectangular brackets that are supposed to be standard equipment under the seat rails (see attached circled in red). My passenger seat has these brackets but the driver's seat doesn't. I'm guessing the previous owner removed the brackets as a way of lowering the seat, but I'm curious if others with race seats on a 458 are also missing these brackets on the driver's seat.

Interestingly (at least to me), while I was looking for these brackets on my race seats, I found that there are holes drilled into the metal side support of the seat bottom cushion, that would allow me to raise just the bottom of the seat by a maximum of just under 2 inches. Do others with race seats also have this feature? Is it standard with the race seats? I know this feature was mentioned earlier in this thread but it didn't click until I saw these holes on my own seats.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login