[SPOILER] Weber @ German GP? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

[SPOILER] Weber @ German GP?

Discussion in 'F1' started by asianbond, Jul 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    there was a misnomer if ever there was one :)

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #52 kraftwerk, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^^^

dickhead alert

going to get the mods to "adjust" your post again smartmouth ??

4. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    really tough to say who are standout these days. i believe alonso has talent, give him a decent car and he'll stay competitive, he's proven it. So has hamilton. for the rest just don't know.

Even though kimi has won wdc i still do not view him as super talent. Massa is still wildcard, don't know who will show up.

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Webber proved he has the talent on Sunday. He also proved he is reckless and since it took 130 GPs to win pole and a race he also proved he's very inconsistent if not a late bloomer. He'll never win the WDC as long as Vettel is still around in the same car.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fantastic.

If hamilton or even SCHUMACHER had a **** car for 130GP's and couldnt win races, I wonder if he were still branded golden boy? Webber has had some of the worst luck ever to be had in F1 in his past GP's

7. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    LOL @ the Heiki train. That made my morning! IIRC, there was a bit of a Felipe train as well.

8. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well, we had Scott Speed, but he was more of a blind dyslexic squirrel with 1 leg and no nose.

Don't worry, I'm sure USF1 will be winning races from their home base in the Carolinas and their all-American driver line up :D

9. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

I have no idea what bet you are talking about - I don't remember making a bet with you, but if I did, I always pay up... done it several times with members here.

I don't get why you are making this into a nationality-war? I don't like Webber... I think he's a dirty driver and I don't think he has the talent of Vettel, not even close. It's nothing against Australians at all (love the country and people, do a lot of business there) - I just think Webber is a jackass. It's funny that he was outspoken in his criticism of Klein and Pizzonia, and now that he's getting upstaged, he's real quiet. Plus, he is dirty on track - always has been.

Regarding my posts, I seem to get more than a few compliments on them, not sure I've seen the same on yours. Nothing against you personally but you are definitely one who flies off the handle and gets personal in about 0.000001 seconds of feeling slighted. I doubt you're personal friends with Webber, and as I said my comments were directed at the man, not his nationality, so I'm not sure why you take it personally.

Webber sucks. He got lucky this race (and had a great car and a great drive). He's not WDC material, however.

10. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    :D

No problem! - Peter Windbag took great delight in telling us all the carbon fiber comes from the Carolinas - Guaranteed winner with local suppliers..... [I guess he thinks it grows on trees round that part of the world :)]

Cheers.
    Ian

11. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I was thinking about this the other day... Heiki is a great comparison to Webber.

Heiki won a race (or two?) when the McLaren was a quick car... but next to Hamilton, it was the exception and not the rule. He always seems to have some problem that he claims lost him the race. Same with Rubens @ Brawn... always has an excuse for why he didn't win.

I remember when I was seriously into racing, I saw this all the time. There were guys who, if everything went just right, could win a race... but if anything happened, they couldn't. Heiki is such a guy, and Webber is too, and so is Rubens. They are second to their teammates in terms of talent. When Rubens was @ Ferrari, the car was just so much faster that the only thing that needed to happen was MS to have any problem. But @ Brawn, he not only needs Jenson to have a bad day, but Vettel and (sometimes) Webber too.

I'll bet Rubens wins a race this year.. but Vettel and Button are the two guys duking it out for the WDC this year... Mark and Rubens are also-rans.

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    While it takes a certain level of talent (or funds) to race in F1 #2s are #2s for a reason.

13. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Pulllllleeeeeze. Unlucky is one or two races - a season at most - or at the very best, two seasons. But a career of 130GPs and trying to explain poor results by saying he was unlucky? C'mon. ;-)

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You can scrap his first few seasons. First minardi, 0 chance of points (even though he scored points in his first race with minardi). After that 2 years Jaguar, which was utterly mismanaged and also a crap car. After that he went to promising williams, where the car was pretty unreliable but he scored some points and a podium. He finished ahead of his teammate. Then red bull, which was seriously unreliable at the best of times. Now he's finally in a good car and he was injured himself, which left him unable to train for most of the winter time.

If you actually followed his progress, you too would call him unlucky.

15. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #65 JoeGuitar, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    He won 1 race (Hungary last year.) Ironically, I believe it was because Massa had an engine failure (SHOCKING) and retired with like 5 laps to go while leading the race!

You are 100% correct about #2's; they are perpetually stuck in a support role. And then there's Piquet Jr. He is darn near a #3 :D

16. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I know where he has been and many other drivers have been in those cars but he has made his own bad luck if you call it that by crashing people out of races and just driving in a mediocre fashion.

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    While I agree that you make your own luck, the crashing out of races was due to over driving poor cars, thus you have to give him credit for trying to make them fast.

Notice how he has reasonable qualifying performances, thus through ability he is able to screw the thing hard enough for a single good lap, but he keeps trying to drive at similar pace in the race and falls off. Now he has a truly competitive car and has become more consistent ... but I will admit that he is a bit hot headed and has made a few poor decisions during a race.

I'd rather have a person that tries to be fast in my team and occassionally falls off, than a driver that just laps ...

Again good cars make drivers look very good, ie: McLaren with LH (but to his credit he was nice and racy when he first came on the scene, thus attempted many passing attempts so it was not all just car ... but then he had to have the fast car to get into a position to even think about a pass), Brawn with JB (Has he made a pass on the track yet?), Ferrari with RB, etc.
    Pete

18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    careful Pete, don't mention it was the car, some here aren't that smart to work it out yet :)

19. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    or how it was setup and by whom :)