Spirited Spring Drives in Michigan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spirited Spring Drives in Michigan

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Jerrari, Mar 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerboy

boxerboy Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    BTW, it's my understanding that both the Concorso Italiano & the Italian Happening [static show] have joined the dinosaurs. The Italian Happening Waterford driving event, put on by the Alfa club, Sat of labor day weekend appears to be taking place. We really need to get the east side of MI Ferraris together once in a while and get to know each other. We're working on the May 6 date for the SE side of the state and joining Jerry on the west side the following weekend. There has also been mention of a fall tour, last time we did it in TC in 1994 and had over 40 Ferraris. For info, call Dave @ 313 304 1009.

2. JPJ

JPJ Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    I would love to join in on the east side drive. I'd be coming up from the Toledo area....

3. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    If there is a plan to do a drive that doesn't involve a stop and go bumper-to-bumper route (like GP to Woodward Ave via 696), I will definitely attend. But in GP and SCS the speed limit never really gets above 35; and 696 is gridlocked all the time. There are some really great roads just OUTSIDE the metro area.

4. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    you cant forget that a large portion of the roads in SE michigan are cracked up, and in need of repavement.... but the winding country roads are far from it :)

to me, the ideal drive would either be up toward port huron, or from Ann Arbor north through back-country roads... albeit, it would be nice to hit a something like Waterford hills, its just not a nice drive...

oh, and traffic wouldn't be gridlocked on a saturday; unless 2 lanes of traffic were blocked. (as ive driven the GP-->brighton rought soooo many times...

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    OK guys, slight change of plans for the May 6th (East) drive. I just got off the phone w/ Dave Wexall (FCA Pres of Mich) and he has lined up a tech session at Cauley Ferrari. There will be a brweakfast at 9:30 @ Cauley then Joe Abernathy (service mgr.) will put your car on a hoist and go through it with you. Afterwards, we are all going to drive to a nearby restaurant for lunch. If there is interest, we could do an impromptu drive from the restaurant. Kudos to Dave for setting this up, I think it will be a blast!! Jerry.

6. leblanc727

leblanc727 Rookie

Jan 18, 2006
    I think this is a great idea! I will definitely be there for that! Sounds like a good plan to me.

7. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
  8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    On what exactly? The tech session on the 6th is a done deal.

9. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    I guess I didn't realize the plans got changed. I don't have much interest in getting a sales pitch.

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    You have something better to do than go to a top notch Ferrari facility (after a LONG COLD winter), mingle with fellow owners, see your car up on a hoist where you will get possible problems pointed out (for FREE), have lunch with fellow owners where we will talk Ferraris for an hour and then go for a drive???

11. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

That does sound like fun. But it's one of those things where if you don't have something good to say about someone you shouldn't say anything. I'll probably be there.

12. Moondog

Moondog Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    North Carolina
    Jerry,

I'm in! That sounds like a nice chance to meet a few fellow F-chat people, the staff at Cauley, and have some fun.

I agree, thumbs up to Dave Wexall and to Cauley for arranging this. As any biz owner knows and appreciates.... time is money... and the cars on the hoist?? While some may not appreciate it, that is a very generous offering, and I am pretty impressed that they have offered this up.

Cool!

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    is this event welcome to non-owners? i'd love to tag along... but i wouldn't want to crash the party either.

14. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    What did I say about you that wasn't good? I was simply wondering why you would NOT want to be there. Moondog, I'll see you there!! Nthfinity, I'm sure we can get you in my friend, no worries.

15. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

Sorry if you misunderstood. It's Cauley I wasn't exactly happy with. Maybe I'll get a chance to straighten it out on May 6.

16. leblanc727

leblanc727 Rookie

Jan 18, 2006
    I'll be there as well. Sounds like fun! Is there a time officially set up yet to meet at Cauley Ferrari?

17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry , congratulations on your new role . They found the right guy for the job ! So the Cauley event is May 6 ? I am going to do my best to be there .

18. boxerboy

boxerboy Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    Continental breakfast starts@ 9.30 am @ Cauley, May 6 for owners of Ferrari's. Tech session begins @ 10 am.

19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Just show up ? Or do i need to pre register ? Thanks.

20. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    a big thankyou, Jerry :)

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    We normally would not allow non-owners there but you can be my guest as I know how big a Tifosi you are. :)

22. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Nuts! I'd like to join the May 6 outing, but will be at an annual event down in Bowling Green, KY with a large group of Corvette enthusiasts (Grand Sport & ZR-1 Owner's Gathering).

I'll look for you on the 13th in West Michigan -- I'll be in Holland for a wedding, sans Maserati, unfortunately.

You folks have a great time!

Brad

23. boxerboy

boxerboy Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    To yellow430:

just show up but please bring your Ferrari. remember, rain won't melt these cars!

24. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Thanks i'll remember that ! :)

25. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    ...but it sure is a pain in the ass cleaning them up after a rainy drive.