speed cameras on mass. pike | Page 2 | FerrariChat

speed cameras on mass. pike

Discussion in 'New England' started by rob, Apr 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Newton sensors have been setting off my V1 detector... besides the ticket threaT, I really do wonder if tolls are now being charged in an additional increment as opposed to the old 90/128 spot and the 90 toll booths in Brighton at the railyard.

So in essence, the toll spot in the middle that Bill Weld took down in 1996 might possibly be back in play ? idk

2. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Was driving on 90 . Looks like tome there are speed cameras in a row overhead like on the european hiway. These are speedtrap imo whether they issue tickets or not.

3. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
  4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    That is what i thought. Clearly someone has been getting a euro education in more regulations and enforcement.. Speed traps test to see driver reactions. These things will get a point in time speed AND since i noticed several over the Hiway, they'll track yoour avg speed as well.

To push it the trojan horse is used, just like in europe (to help child abduction amber, stolen cars, terrorism etc..)

Before you know it every driver gets his ticket in the mail and then the entire enterprise is privatized for profit on all side but the driver.

Sad day in the USA.:( and I cant vote in MA.

5. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    +1 !

6. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    If there is one sure thing here, I would suggest people slow down approaching tolls. It is dangerous the speeds at which people approach these in MA. I see a lot of officers with radar sitting inside one of the toll booth lanes. There is also precedent for this. Most people don't realize that companies cruise parking lots with license plate recognition software and sell the info, ostensibly for repo companies to use in looking for cars. It's public information, or so they say, but some keep it forever and sell it of course. (thanks zuckerberg and all you other social media beneficiaries to our society) right now I think that law enforcement does not use it regularly, just when in need. And just so you realize this, the Supremes years ago decided that driving is a privilege not a right. That was the start of the "safety stops" we all see.

7. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mass Pike goes full electronic toll collection tonight, manual toll collection ends at 9pm. Toll booth demo/removal starts this weekend.

8. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    newton to boston is now 1.70, used to be 1.00 .... and now Newton to Watertown has a toll too, great way to force people to stay on surface roads instead

morons

Just wait until they add these to 93, and 128

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    So what do you do if you don't have exact change?

10. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    curious of this too.. but boy I cannot tell you guys how happy I am to leave that rotten state... never been happier living in NH.

11. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The overhead camera's read your license plate and they send you a bill for the toll and an addition service fee for processing if you don't have an ezpass.

12. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Funny how they will be sending out tons of bills now, but they refuse to send out any bill statements to EZ Pass users. We are forced to go online to monitor and check that they dont double bill us at the tolls.

Its a big scam, they can so easily trick people into paying tolls they never used

Taxachusetts

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Don't try traversing 128 this weekend around the Highland Ave. and Rte. 9 exits. There will be closures north and south and it's going to be a mess.

14. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    And to add insult to injury, they hit you with a premium on top of the toll to cover the cost of processing/mailing.

15. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    It's fun indeed. Chicago used to send parking tickets to people who hadn't even been in the city. Cities learn from one another and then perpetuate the scam. What's it worth to fight the man? It's not.

16. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I just take good ol Storrow Drive most of the time, rather burn gas on the twisties than deal with cams. Not even a detour for me thankfully. Also enjoy the Arborway, Fresh Pond Parkway, many good options. Maybe these non toll roads will now get more traffic and the toll scam will fail- I am sure the news will report it once locals complain