SPECIFIED MY CAR | Page 6 | FerrariChat

SPECIFIED MY CAR

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MANDALAY, Mar 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Angelo that would be fabulous. It never hurts to have someone watching. Especially a discerning eye!
    I’ll let you know but currently the 5th November, a Monday, is the booking.
    Again, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Started collecting my items to wash my car.

First item

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Twin 20″ x 4.5″ replacement filters containing U.S. imported high grade mixed blends of special Demineralizing Resins after an AIC-K inline carbon pre-filter containing KDF (Kinetic Degradation Fluxion) and GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) featuring quick change fittings is included. This 5 micron pre-filter removes chlorine and chemicals that can shorten the life of the demineralizing resin.. Mounted it on a trolley

So down here we enjoy very clean drinking water. Actually my hand held TDS meter shows only 30 ppm. Checked the water coming out after filter and it 0 ppm :).

Off to the next item

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    So got my karcher and Masterblaster also so it was first wash time.
    Never ever had a car with full film and ceramic. l would do it again for sure ! It was so so easy to wash and dry.

1) SNOW
    2) RINSE
    3) DRY

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

So easy and totally shiny without touching the body. Just a little wipe in the openings so as to not blow the water everywhere. Filtered water makes such a difference.
    Surprised how little water goes into the engine bay

4. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    MANDALAY likes this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Woo Hoo.

Just received another present :)

Actual model of my car RCM paint , correct wheels and colour and even the steering wheel is on the right. Photos of the build on high quality paper and also a machined Perspex block to hold the photos and a sticker of the vin of my car.

Several weeks ago I also received a leather pouch with a thank you letter in it.

tickerhound and keithos27 like this.
  7. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Beautiful spec! Not the way I would have done it, but that’s the beauty of it! Well done, sir. Enjoy in health!

MANDALAY likes this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Absolutely adore the 488 GTB. Driving her as much as I can, basically sunny Sunday's :) And a beautiful piece of art I can gaze upon every other time.

Came across a couple of things.

Has my first Christmas tree light up with every code warning coming up. Turned off the car restarted and they all went away. I have her always on the charger but I believe that morning I played around with the electric seats for a while without the car running , my bad I guess.

I've been monitoring the coolant and oil temps. I dare say ive seen the coolant close to 85 degrees Celsius and also the oil. Oil no issue but coolant to me seems high ? Any comments.
    I really love to see Pista temps or eventually the F8 if the redesign has lowered them ? Actually does anyone know is we could get air intake temperatures ?

Also boy oh boy the alternator on the car is really different to any of the cars ive owned. It has to be really electronically controlled .While driving it can vary between 12 volts and 14.5 volts depending whats going on. The only time you get 14.5 volts is on decelerating anything else and its lower. Cant help thinking this is another reason for the weak recharging and issue with the battery.

Finally I opened the glove box and yes there is a CD player in there. Must of been standard ? I didn't pay for it.

What a great car !!!!!!

nkhalid likes this.
  9. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    I had the Cd player in my 488 also
    2017 no cost option but you had to ick the box to get it
    sorry no idea regarding Italian electrics im afraid

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    can you let me know price and where to purchase from?

nkhalid likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    What all the lights means is your battery is low charge and is likely just about had it. I know this problem all too well unfortunately and the trickle charger is no guarantee of preserving the battery. The best way is to drive the car regularly - every 2 to 3 days at least - and then put on trickle every time.

MANDALAY likes this.
  12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just an update , absolutely zero issues with the new battery. Always on trickle but can confirm with the new battery the second green LED comes on. With the battery that came with the car never did the 2 green lights ever come on.

WHAT A GREAT CAR :)

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Don't worry, that new battery won't last much longer either with or without the green lights appearing. It's a Ferrari! And yes, it is a great car!

MANDALAY likes this.
  14. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Hi Angelo
    Just saw this thread, first off nice spec on your 488:cool:. But, OMG :eek:do all you guys pay that kind of tax on your cars: 141,000.00+? How does your government justy that? Please don’t take this as a criticism towards you I am just not understanding the concept, where does that money go? I thought my dealer prep of $3750.00 and Montana (USA) registration each year of $1000.00 was a little hard to take, haha
    Can you pass that along when you sell the car, ie; does the value go up based on the tax or is it just lost. I guess what I mean is it better to buy a pre owned Ferrari where the value of a car is based on the price of the car alone, no taxes included

15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Thanks. Yes we do pay that tax. Guess every country is different. The Government does what they like when introducing taxes , especially cars. The Luxury tax brings in a lot of revenue. Not from Ferraris and the like but Toyota is the biggest contributor because luxury tax is added when the car is over about $65,000.
    All taxes go to consolidated revenue :(
    Your lucky our dealer prep is 4 times yours.
    And hell our stamp duty went up in our state because of the housing slump so there is another $15,000 added now. All our cars have around $850 rego every year.

Over here basically the window sticker as you guys put it is the total cost including all the taxes. In a way its passed onto the next buyer but the luxury tax is only paid once the original buyer. The market is full of 488 GTB's now so my car 580 k would only sell if im lucky 450 k ( as a trade in )
    But the new buyer of my car will have to again pay taxes GST 10%, Stamp duty 9% effectively another $50,000.

16. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    all I can say is yikes:D but I guess it is same for me and my health insurance I pay 1400.00 per month and you folks have free medical care, correct? Got to pay to run the system I guess. At least you can enjoy a Ferrari, can't get much better than that!

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yes we have medicare Free covers everything. Just can be on a list if non urgent hence why I have private also, but as you said my bill is $2,200 whole year. Ive seen insurance over your way is ridiculously dear :( And your car insurance is really weird to us.

18. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Well that is interesting, how does your car insurance work for you. I thought our concept was normal. But, of course I’m used to the way it is done here, ie; don’t know any different:D

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Over here there are basically 2 types.

Third party, your fault the other car gets repair or paid out and yours doesn't. Thing is we have no limit like you guys. Your Toyota can write of a Ferrari and the Ferrari owner will be paid. If its their fault they pay and if they don't have insurance your company will fix your car or pay you out and then chase them for the money in courts.

Full is the same but if its your fault your insurance will fix your car or pay you out.

Excess what you pau up front is relative to the car price. Eg BMW about $500 and Ferrari $5000.

Our rego sticker pays driver and passengers about $800 / year.

What I have read is your insurance policies have agreed amounts of insurance , and the premium is relative to that. We have no limits

We get a new car for the first year if its a write off. Subsequent years the insurance value of your car goes down as it gets older. You can have market value or agreed value. I always pick the latter as it is a higher figure.

So all in all if my daughter with her corolla hits a F40 her insurance will pay out the F40 owner. No questions asked , PROVIDED she wasn't over 0.05 .

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just a quick update.

So the starter has saved me 3 times.

On the 4th time error messages didnt go when i restarted. Did the disconnect of the battery but errors still on.

Ring Ferrari and drive my car there. New battery . Its the second now in 2.7 years. Ferrari's cost.

Therefore the starter will get you out of trouble but its just a reminder that your battery is nearly gone.

BTW no matter what ill be asking Ferrari for a new battery whether under warrantee or not.

21. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Wow, thats not an ideal situation.

Do you attribute this to the 488's higher than normal parasitic drain, shortening the batteries life?

FWIW, I don't think endless hours on a charger/maintainer are the best solution either, but I guess its difficult to create a lighter on/off charge schedule, if the batteries are so weak.

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Ideal no but as long as Ferrari keeps putting in new batteries well you know. If at some stage they dont ill get a much better battery replacement. Since its for free i cant tell them the battery i want.

Interesting comment about the parasitic drain was they acknowledge that its a problem, they also acknowledge the third brake LED's also slightly lit all the time.

They wanted me to leave my car there for a week to try to find out why this was happening. I asked them to do this at the service time. However i told them no one else has been able to answer that question with all 488's having the same symptom.

As it stands like it or not the parasitic drain ultimately will kill the battery regardless like I do , drive the car and always have it on the tender.

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    3 year up date. Car is in for its 3rd year service and end of warrantee but I'm extending the factory warrantee for year 4 and 5. Not taking any chances.

So far only issue was the battery and on the 3rd. Other than that all good and enjoying her to the max.

So while she is in service it was a good time to clean the stable. Love the polished granite as its so easy to clean.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SVR, TR007, Art138 and 3 others like this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Thought Ild do my own montage of my 488 GTB.

There is still something to be added once the CNC shop opens next to me.

The model spins slowly by means of a very low geared 12 volt motor.

SVR, energy88, TR007 and 3 others like this.
  25. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle

Nice!!!

Model even looks to be in RCM, not that I'd expect any less ;)