SPECIFIED MY CAR | FerrariChat

SPECIFIED MY CAR

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MANDALAY, Mar 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #1 MANDALAY, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    So after months of looking at pictures and cars í have finally specified the car that I want to order.

As with everything we all have different views.

Its my first Ferrari , last I don't know but over here in Australia they are way dearer than anywhere else in the world. More on that latter.

Firstly I saw the Rosso Corsa Metalizzato next to the RC and I do love the depth. Much of a difference no but I can appreciate it.

For me Black , all black interior. All leather also, firewall , roof etc.

Thick white stitching

NO Carbon. I just don't like it, that's me .

So all stock. But I want the LEDS so its a special order to get the carbon off and all leather with LEDS steering wheel.

Stock alloys as I like them better.

Red callipers

Ferrari shields

Horse on head rest

Dedication plate ( personal message to my late father and father inlaw that loved Ferraris )

Outer/inner Electrochromatic Mirrors as the standard rearview mirror looks like a cheap Japanese mirror

Floor mats

I am still considering reverse display .

So what do you guys think ? anything else really mandatory.

Lift not required.

I really know its simple but just to give you an idea this spec is basically $580,000 AUD drive away or if you wish $440,000 USD

Then it will cost about $12 k to have the whole car covered in XPEL

XLNLIFE likes this.
  2. nkhalid

nkhalid Karting

Mar 5, 2015

Sounds good.. I'd go For the reverse camera. I didn't and regret it.. can put on after market from the dealer though. Floor mats .. Andrew from exoticare does some great bespoke ones which are much cheaper than the official ferrari ones.. me personally I went with red callipers on a red car because I felt that going yellow detracted from the lines of the car.. lots of leather inside should make it a very special place to be.. one thing that we sometimes don't appreciate fully is the smell of a new car.. particularly with lots of leather.. it'll smell great and excite all the senses.. nice spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nkhalid

nkhalid Karting

Mar 5, 2015
    I also went with the all over PPF.. expel ultimate I think self healing stuff.. again essential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yes wanting to do that.

Interesting also I prefer the factory black rev counter also.

Externally I also noticed 2 things.

One our cars here which I believe is great as it doesn't mess up the lines , we don't have those long 4-5 inch reflectors on the side of the front and rear.

Also anyone else notice that the 488 is probably the only car without a horse in the front bumper ?

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    There was one other item of difference I noticed. The Spider in the center console between the seats has a lid but the coupe doesn't.

Has anyone asked if the centre console from the Spider can be put in a GTB ?

7. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Drop the red calipers. They're so '90s. Have them aluminium if you want them noticed or black for stealth.

Camlet1 likes this.
  8. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Good call on no carbon, about time that fad ended on parts where there is no real functional benefit.

JohnTz likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Actually aluminium was the first choice but put red for now.

I really want to see the aluminium calliper on the stock wheel first. If they match yes will be aluminium

10. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I'm doing aluminum calipers with the stock wheel in my incoming Fuji 488 spider. I agree that red (what I had on my 458) ad yellow (on my 488 GTB and my 911tts) are a little tired.

sampelligrino likes this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #11 MANDALAY, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the Standard wheel you have the 3 options

standard
    chrome painted
    Matt Grigio Corsa

Now if I pick the aluminium callipers which is the closer match , The standard or chrome painted ? Its very hard to see any difference on the program. But it looks like the chrome painted has the same shade as the calliper
    Being in Australia they only sell a few cars and most opt for the forge wheel. And the guys at Ferrari have no idea.

With the picture the right half is painted chrome. It seems to have the same shade
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Be careful with the configurator - the colours on the wheels are not accurate. They are, from memory, lighter than it appears in real life. I have chosen Matt Grigio Corsa wheels and colour keyed lots of parts into that. But at the Atelier they used the standard wheel colour on my configurator images to give me an idea what it will look like. I could see from the MGCorsa wheel hanging on the wall that the lighter colour was closer.

13. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    True, the configurator is very unaccurate on colours. Try to look at other cars pictures also. I'd say by other specs seen here that standard/silver wheel is the best match for alu/silver caliper. Chrome is definitely shiny and blingy, not sure you really want that.

14. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I'm doing the dark chrome wheel (not the shinny standard and not the black). On the forged wheel the same color is called Matte Grigio I think (not sure why they name it differently for different wheels). I decided after seeing in person, the car configuration tool is not very accurate with color and shade.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    White spider incoming, ordered with yellow calipers to match shields, diamond wheels. Black interior with white stripe on racing seats, thin white stitching.

keithos27 likes this.
  16. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Im sure you know that the shields color and the caliper color don't actually match (calipers are a darker hue of yellow) I'm not saying that it looks bad just want others to be clear who may be dong their first order and are not aware of it.

17. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Totally agree with this - I went with stock alloys on my 458 and silver after having black calipers on my 355 with silver wheels. I like the silver on silver better

Bravo - with all leather - you'll love the smell and I have all stock inlays and much prefer that to the dated look of the CF inlays.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes aware, but close enough for me.
    silver would have been interesting but i wanted the contrast.

If i loved the 488 design I guess i would have gone for something more exciting.

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Thanks guys, so if the chrome painted is actually shiny chrome I will go for the standard wheel and silver callipers.

Now all im waiting for is a response if I can get that centre console lidded compartment like the Spider.

I do really like the stock inlays , they actually look really good.
    I also like the stock TACO the black blends very well and not in your face.

I didn't go for the red stitching because for me started to feel like a Japanese interior. The thick white stitching which I saw on a car and the white horse looked more classy. Also made the leather roof line pop with the white stitching

20. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    It's not shiny chrome like the old 430/458 chrome. It's a dark chrome kind of grey. Looks awesome and the aluminum calipers really pop with it.

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #21 MANDALAY, Mar 21, 2017
    Also just received my plates. This is the second pair I have ever bought as I don't want to stand out but hey the 488 will anywhere.

The first I ever bought were in anticipation of the release of the 599. For 2 years they were calling it imola and the engine was 6 liter so I got IMOLA 6 . Boy I was wrong. Oh well.

With these plates one might say its like LA FERRARI ( The 488 ) but actually just by coincidence.
    A for Angelo , me
    L for Lily , wife
    A for Lilys late dad Augusto
    L for my late dad Luigi
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Stunning car, congrats and post lots of photo's here for us please :D

Order the MPSS tyres instead of the PZero's ! (free option)

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    #23 dustman, Mar 22, 2017
    keithos27, StoryBook, Zinger and 3 others like this.
  24. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Sweet. Bianco Avus

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Mandalay, Dustman, they look good! Dustman are your wheels the grigio matt or diamond cut?