Speciale Market | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    A bunch of cars listed at $320-350k indicates to me many are selling less than $300k.

ewright, kane00 and Bundy like this.
  2. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Miles and condition make the different in prices

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    So when are all the Speciales spec'd out by tasteless owners gonna bring down the Speciale market?

veilstylez likes this.
  4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Apparently this Friday.

What are you doing on the weekend?

May the Horse be with you

5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    less than 300k ? have u seen any

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    US market is probably different but in Europe, Speciale with asked price of less than EUR 250K (which is less than USD 300K) are not rare.

92677 and blkdiablo33 like this.
  7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    How could you, "see any"? The point of negotiated prices is that you don't see them because they're between the dealership and the client. A $320K Speciale could easily be negotiated to under $300K.

ewright, IloveGT and Mikael-F360 like this.
  8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i recently purcashed a 488 gtb id like to get a ford gt 05/06 but i dnt see the speciale low mile being 300k

9. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yeah, but that's throwing a qualifier in there that isn't included in the original scenario. It's just ask versus sell price. Nobody knows what I paid for my 360 Modena sunroof/stick. It's a very rare Ferrari: One of ten Modena manuals with the sunroof option in North America (And one of those is in Japan now). All they could find out from internet research is that the ask for it was $125K. So if someone speculated that I paid under $100K for it, they could easily be right. With a $300K Ferrari, the wiggle room could be more than $25K, and we would never know for sure.

Don't think I'm knocking the Speciale! I wouldn't be following this thread if I wasn't interested in getting one! :D

Ash Patel likes this.
  10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i just dont see them at 300 or 290s for clean low mile example at this time .

17bhub likes this.
  11. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Then you don't negotiate prices. Goodbye.

12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    lol

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agreed.

14. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Apparently you can’t see according to the herd.

May the Horse be with you

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Facts must blind me. :)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  16. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    I got out of my Speciale about a year ago. I really didn’t want to, it was awesome, the balance of the car was just perfect....sure the more modern powerful turbo cars generate more thrust, but only the F V12’s have more spine tingling emotion than that last of generation perfect V8 Speciale engine....why did I get rid then....pure head over heart decision, Ferrari have made so many V8’s Pistas, 488’s and now the near perfect F8, simple volumes dictated all the V8 prices were going to suffer. I could see the volume of Pistas simply driving down that whole market, and sense at some point kicked in and told me I had had my fun, truly, and move on. Today I have x2 V12’s which give both the thrust and emotion....+ the family grew so one is a Lusso.

I really miss my Speciale and may jump back in at some point, but the fact today I could buy a nearly new Pista from a dealer (without negotiating) for less than I sold my Speciale to a dealer a year ago tells you how much this market has suffered. I could now buy a Speciale for £60k+ less than I traded mine in for.

More Pistas and F8’s coming soon to your local dealer, the price is not at the bottom yet....

As a long term investment, no problems, go for the Speciale, drive it, please track it, don’t worry about mileage, don’t look at values, just keep it and enjoy it....eventually it will be the one to keep for sure, the price will return, eventually...

I couldn’t imagine owning another Speciale, driving it once and then looking at it, I would hate it every day for looking at it, this is a drivers car.

One of the best cars of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    2 weeks ago I was tempted and almost traded in my Speciale which I've had for almost 6 years. The Pista Spider was the temptress because the color combo on the Pista was on point nearly identical to mine! Bianco italia with TDF blue stripe for the spider, diamond wheels, interior was black alcantara w/white stitching, white seat insert/inlay piping and to top it off, a few tricolore special requests as well.
    Went home to sleep on it and in the morning came to my senses! No fricken way that is happening. Honestly, it was the first Pista I've seen in person that did anything for me - and I've seen quite a few. I must have come to realize that it was the spec I loved, not the car... Long story short, ended up ordering the F8 Spider as an addition instead and getting it exactly the way I'm dreaming of. A tone on tone, yellow (GTS) on yellow affair!

ewright likes this.
  18. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    To me they are crazy value at current prices

FLU likes this.
  19. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    They have also dropped in the number for sale from mid 30s to 10-12...

20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Your post makes no sense to me.
    You sell it for value and depreciation reasons despite recognizing it as a sensational driver’s car, then tell people to ignore values and mileage and drive the Speciale as the price will return.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    None of the rational on values makes sense either.

22. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Fair point, maybe I was suggesting we are not at the bottom of values yet...be careful jumping in now, when I got out a year ago it made lots of sense and I am at least £60k+ for doing so, different market now....if I was buying today, short term value would worry me, long term it really wouldn’t at the entry price point of today, which is very different to when I purchased mine 4 years ago.

And, a completely different market today to when I traded a year ago. Very different, which makes me think more cautiously, hence my thread.

All things considered, I loved mine, used mine and got out with my shirt in tact+, loved it, really did.

I could get back in tomorrow if I wanted, and still be £ up, but would I ? not for a short term £ gain, long term pure enjoyment, yes....Maybe that was my point...if you are buying today (not 4 years ago), just enjoy it....surely that is the main reason you would want one, that’s why I owned mine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

italiafan likes this.
  23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    completely know what you mean. You have to have v20. v8 plus v12, both NA, then you are good.

mthompson2376 and plastique999 like this.
  24. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Anyone still has the official speciale option price list?

25. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    excellent synopsis. Im considering placing a deposit on a Speciale tomorrow and have every intention to drive, track and not worry about mileage. We are all depreciating faster than the inanimate objects that we cherish so. I have no intention to allow my biological clock to tick away without many moment spent doing the biological clock on the Speciale justice.

sjp, FourFiveGreat, mdrums and 4 others like this.