Speciale Market | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wow, yes hideous spec but wow...
    There is a listing on eBay for a red SA with just over 3k miles asking $519k.
    A lot of coupes are dropping in price - where some used to ask $400k and up, I don’t see hardly any asking over $400k anymore.
    Market is dropping for sure.

Sent from my 16M

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

It should be illegal to spec that interior color combo. I mean- at least a fine.

JASONZZZZZ, plastique999 and Golattus like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    At that price it would have been worth it to buy it and replace the entire interior for about $20K. I thought about doing that with a Michael Fux car. LOL

5. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Also worth noting that UAE has the lowest exotic car prices in general. It's cheapest market in the world.

With that said, it was clear Aperta prices would never hold at what they were. Most people cannot rationalize paying double a Speciale coupe price to get open top experience and exclusivity.

DFT3 likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    My old Speciale lives on!

Bhh and sampelligrino like this.
  7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    @dustman @sampelligrino Congratulations to both of you, that is a beautiful car. Any advice for me? I'm looking to either add an F12 to my garage or sell my 2015 spider and pick up a speciale. What's the going price for these now? I see a few have sold from 320-340 on the Hammer Price app. Is that accurate? Is the speciale coupe more fun to drive than the 458 spider?

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Depends what your driving style is.
    458 has a better sound and is more controllable on the street. Speciale has looks and is looser/more playful.
    458 Spider sounds best but damn loss of rigidity (this alone has stopped me from buying Aperta).
    Speciale is now attainable at just over $300k. So a $100k premium min to 458 coupes.
    I think a 458 coupe with racing seats and a Ford GT500 or Audi TTRS tuned for track car is a nice pairing.
    For the money, the Performante is the best of all.

9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Assuming you enjoy your spider and you would be able to enjoy having more than one "fun car" - I'd go with that + F12 based on my limited experience. I don't think the speciale will equal the spider experience + the f12 experience putting myself in your shoes, that covers a lot of ground. Not considering values/financials but a petrolhead perspective

I'm sure there are others on here who have owned all 3 and can hopefully give you their insight, Im dying a little inside as I've only driven my speciale 15 miles to date

Price wise: I didn't really search much but only used autotrader and ebay, so I saw what you are probably seeing with many speciales sitting at 340-380 with outliers on each end. I got mine significantly under that but mine was also the highest mileage by a fair margin

bart12 and Bundy like this.
  10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ve driven the F12 and 458 spider briefly...have the Speciale and 16M currently and I can’t believe I’m saying this but if I had to choose, I’d keep the Speciale. I have loved the 16M dearly for over 6 years but will be putting it up for sale.
    The open top is all about experiencing the sound...top down, there is nothing like it, so if sound is important than the spider will be a good choice.

I am keeping the Speciale because it suits my driving style. It is tight in handling and nimble in corners...it is playful and light where I can break the rear end loose at times and it still has excellent control. I have fitted it with full IPE system so the exhaust note is symphonic.

The F12 through the canyons is obviously heavier and electronics were a bit intrusive for me. I prefer the rawness of the 599....but both are. Ire GT cars.

Sent from my 16M

Avia11, obbob and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Congratulations, Sam!! What a beauty! Love the spec. Have fun carving up the canyons!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sampelligrino likes this.
  12. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Come on man, look at the spec! The ugliest specs on a Ferrari I have ever seen! It is not just the model you need to look at to determine value, you need to evaluate the spec to determine value (as well as maintenance, mileage etc etc) Not sure the is a good reflection of Speciale prices...coupe or Aperta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    arabs seem to like yellow and red Ferraris. its pretty common color combo in Mideast and London too. don't think its a detriment to sale price in those locations. would be different if it was for sale in usa

c5000 likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    In the US I'd buy that for $300K, rip out the yellow in the interior and make it all red....then paint it bianco italia. :)

gabf1 and Clay512TR like this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Sent from my 16M

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Don't even have to paint it. Just wrap it for less than interior would cost.

17. vroom

vroom Karting

Sep 9, 2007
    Pasadena
    Anyone know about or seen the Pozzi Speciale at Velocity Motorcars in Nashville? Asking $379K. I’m aware prices are coming down and more are coming on the market.

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    900 miles?! Guy should be punished for that. Offer 34k! Lol

RayJohns likes this.
  20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    SA priced at $509k, cheapest I’ve ever seen.

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Saw this... at Ferrari SF with only 3450 miles!
    SA has dropped significantly

Sent from my 16M

22. mattytoe23

mattytoe23 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Pozzi Blue SA did not sell at auction this past week with high bid of 450. Just over 1k mi.

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Way too many special cars right now.

blkdiablo33 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Good for buyers :)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  25. Ced357

Ced357 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Parkland FL
    My old Speciale as well. Great car, surprised she’s changed hands so many times.