Special F1 modes. | FerrariChat

Special F1 modes.

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    So I was searching around and found some references here for special F1 modes.

Figure we can use this thread to document them. So if you know any special user modes for the F1 system, please state a description, procedure, the model (F430 or 360), year of your car where you know it works.

These are what I found so far from other threads here. I haven't had chance to test them yet as I just got my car back yesterday from the CEL light fix so I don't have all the details, hopefully the OP of these procedures can add details.

• Hill climb and low speed maneuver mode (from user: tazandjan, hope he can chime in more here), don't know model/year. Procedure: "be in 1st or reverse and pull the left paddle back until you get a beep. Supposed to be easier on the clutch and I use it up my really steep driveway."

• Clutch Self-Learn - F430, with a running engine pull both paddles for 5-7 seconds till a beep is heard and released the paddles. Without restarting the engine, put in gear and drive off.

Tackleberry, Stuz, AandSC and 2 others like this.
  2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    OK, so I tried the hill climb. I have a 2009 F430. In 1st, in sport mode, auto off, I pulled the left paddle till it made a beep and the rear hatch light went off. I let go and the car pulled away from a stop very smoothly. I even tried this on my driveway which is on a hill. Don't know if it was the placebo effect or not, but it did seem to pull smoother up the driveway also.

Tomorrow I'll try the relearn. Haven't driven my car in over a week, so I'm finding excuses now. I also seem to hear every rattle and thump now when I go over a bump. Not sure I heard those before or if its the fact I have been driving German cars only and they are just solid. I guess I should double check everything is tight and the rear hatch isn't thumping when I go over a bump.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  4. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    That hill mode is pretty cool - need to remember that

5. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    What model and years does the "hill mode" apply to?

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bill- I think anything with 7.1.1/7.3.2 (575M, 612, 599, Enzo) and possibly 7.3.1 (360)

7. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Tried it today on my 2000 360 Modena euro and it worked. Held the left paddle down and in two seconds the "rear hatch open" light flashed momentarily and then the cadence of the back-up beeper increased to two times normal. It made backing onto the lift in my garage much easier, much smoother and I'll use it for that in the future. I suspect that it may not be saving much wear on the clutch, maybe even the opposite, as the car has a "someone is riding the clutch pedal" feel when it's in hill mode but it does make parking in a tight space much less jerky and much more predictable...and that's worth it if it saves a bodywork ding.

Corey, thanks for introducing the topic and Terry, thanks for your input.

Bill

8. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very useful! Thank you

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Tackleberry likes this.
  10. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Correction to the above. The light that flashes momentarily is the "transmission warning" light which, based on its shape, I had mis-identified as "rear hatch open". It flashes for a very short time and I hadn't seen that light before.