Space Saver | FerrariChat

Space Saver

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Longstone Tyres, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Out of interest. I have just had a customer contact us wanting a 105 - 19 Space saver.

I did some shopping and couldn't find one. the best i managed was this https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/400-19/400x19-avon-sm.html

It isn't perfect, but importantly it is about the same diameter as a https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/ferrari/512bb/215-70wr15-pirelli-cinturato-cn12.html

I think the other thing that made me think it was the best option, is that this is the tyre they fit to those new 3 wheeler Morgans on the front.

I think officially i don't recommend it, but i don't know of anything better.

Does anyone have any suggestions that are better

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    That tire has been golddust for 20 plus years - there's a suggestion that some Volvo and/or Audi space saver may use a similar size

3. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    It is difficult for tyre manufacturers to justify making tyres for cars that have different front and rear tyres that don’t fit anything else. Which understandably is what sealed the fate of the 280/45-415 TRX for the rear of just a few Testarossa that did of course actually drive on these tyres. So when you consider a space saver, which hopefully never sees the light of day, and is very much a grudge purchase for any owner we can’t really blame them for not making it.

4. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Do we know if it fits another Ferrari?

I think the 308 one is on an 18” wheel

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  6. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I have one 19 inch version available (wheel with tire), unused. And one 20 inch version available, also wheel plus tire.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat