Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2017 | FerrariChat

Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2017

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dino944, May 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 Dino944, May 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Guys,

I've been getting emails asking when C&Cs are going to start, so to answer that question our first meet will be May 21, 2017. Hopefully, the weather will be nice and warm, and people will have had a chance to complete their winter maintenance/projects for the upcoming season.

I know several of you are already "Regulars," so you know the drill. However, below is info for those who have not previously attended our meets.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 21, 2017. Please check updates that you receive as it will let you know if we are rescheduling or bumping the meet out by a week for other big car events. Our tentative schedule after May 21st is June 11, June 25, July 9, July 23, August 13, August 27, September 10, and September 24th. If the weather remains nice then we will continue to meet in October. Please check this thread for updates to the schedule.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever.

Feel free to bring a friend, girlfriend, wife, etc. I know some ladies don't want to be the only girl at a car meet, but don't worry about that, my wife attends about 90-95% of the meets. So chances are your wife/girlfriend won't be the only girl there. Feel free to email or PM me if you want to be sure she is attending.

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people who will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. Please be respectful of the businesses around the location for the meet, and please don't do any high performance driving or launch control demonstrations from the parking lot where we meet, as we do not want to draw any negative attention to our meets.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few pix from last season.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

I hope everyone had a great winter and that you are all enjoying bringing your toys out of hibernation.

Our first meet of the season will be May 21st but it will be at a different location (Moose Cafe -see below for address) due to nightly road construction in Taunton from May 19 through May 22nd. Although, the road off the highway is supposed to be open after 5 am each morning, the uncertainty of the condition of the road necessitates a temporary change.

Therefore, on May 21st we will meet at the Moose Cafe, located at 1160 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI 02878. For those who haven't been there, they are not too far from the highway (RT 24), they serve coffee, breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and even ice cream. More importantly, they have a large parking lot to the left of the Cafe so that we won't interfere with their customer traffic, and their traffic doesn't have to drive past our vehicles.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on the 21st.
    Best regards,
    Dino

3. 360brokemybank

Feb 25, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Planning on going since I live in Dartmouth, most convenient cars and coffee ever!

4. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Josh,

Glad you will be able to join us. Its always nice to meet fellow Fcar owners in the area. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Oh and remember, tomorrow we are meeting in Tiverton.

Best regards,
    Dino

5. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #5 Dino944, May 22, 2017
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming out yesterday. We had a really nice turnout for our first meet. It was great catching up with our regulars: Dan, Bill, Ray, Ed, Ryan, Hans & Barbara, Ken 997, Mike S, Kenny, Noah, Brianna, Nick & Brittney, Gilles, Tom T, and Martin.

It was also nice meeting some new attendees at the meet: Simon, Tim, Patrick, Matt, Ricardo. I know I met several other people today but I'm terrible with names.

Our next meet will be June 11th and then June 25th. I will update everyone with the location for our next meets during the week before each meet. Hope to have my Fcar back from service before the next meet.

Best regards,
    Dino
    Below are some photos from yesterday.

6. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder that our next meet is this coming Sunday, June 11th. We will be meeting at the Taunton location for this meet. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #7 Dino944, Jun 12, 2017
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for joining us yesterday. We had another great turn out. The weather was a bit warm, but at least it was dry for a change. It was nice catching up with our regular crew, Michael & Susan, Hans, Dan, Steve 930, Steve Z06, Jim & Elizabeth, Kenny, Noah, Mike M 458, Chris, Steve 986, Matt and Nathan, and Patrick (apologies if I left anyone out). It was also nice having some new attendees but I'm still learning your names so keep attending...I'll get them eventually.

The dates of our next meets will be June 25, July 9, and July 23. I will send out reminders the week prior to those meets.

See you guys soon.
    Best regards,
    Dino

Below are some photos from yesterday.

8. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Guys,

Just a quick reminder that our next meet is this Sunday, June 25th in Taunton. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

9. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #9 Dino944, Jun 26, 2017
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for joining us yesterday! I know it was a busy weekend with lots of events, but we still had a really nice turn out! It was great seeing several of our regulars, Hans, Frank, Martin, Patrick, Noah, Brianna, Dwayne, Dan (996), and Kevin joined us with his new blue Audi S4.

Also, nice meeting some new attendees, Rob (Boxster Spyder), James (F430), and Charlie (997 Turbo). There are several people who's names escape me at the moment such as the owners of the 944 Turbo (Looking forward to seeing your 968), the 911SC owner, the Vette owner and anyone else I may have missed.

Looking forward to catching up again soon. Have a great 4th of July!!!
    Our next meet will be in roughly 2 weeks on July 9th!
    Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few photos from yesterday.

10. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Guys,

Just a quick reminder that our next meet is this Sunday, July 9th, in Taunton. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

11. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #11 Dino944, Jul 11, 2017
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for for coming out to enjoy a beautiful Sunday with us. Plenty of our regulars were in attendance: Dan M, Hans M, Michael M (991TT), Mike S, Kenny TR, Ken (997), Jim, Frank, Noah, Brianna, Dwayne, Martin, Simon, Matt, Ricardo, Steve (Vette), Ray, Bill & Gayle.

We also had some new attendees this week, Will brought his agate gray 991, and Tom brought his vintage M3.

It was a beautiful day to be out with the cars. I look forward to catching up with you guys again soon. Our next meet will be July 23rd.

Best regards,
    Dino

12. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 23rd. For this meet we will meet at the Moose Cafe, which is located at 1160 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI 02878. For those who haven't been there, they are not too far from the highway (RT 24), they serve coffee, breakfast sandwiches, pastries, etc. More importantly, they have a large parking lot to the left of the Cafe so that we won't interfere with their customer traffic, and their traffic doesn't have to drive past our vehicles.

See you guys there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

13. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #13 Dino944, Jul 25, 2017
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for joining us this past Sunday. It was cloudy, but dry and it was a nice change from the usual scorching summer sun. It was great seeing our regulars such as Dan, Hans M, Michael & Susan 991 Turbo S, Nick & Brittney, Chris & Rene, Ray, Will & Sarah, Dwayne, Noah, Brianna, Shamous and a few others I've seen but not formally met.

Always great to have some new attendees like Josh with his Ferrari 360 and Tim with his 987 Boxster S.

I look forward to catching up with you guys again soon. Our next meet will be on August 20th.

Best regards,
    Dino

a few photos from Sunday

14. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    I was about to finally attend my first C&C on Sunday. I got in the car, turned the key and that was it! The key would not go past on.! Hopefully I can make the next one.

15. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey, sorry to hear your car didn't want to cooperate. Hopefully you will be able to join us for the next meet.

Best regards,
    Dino

16. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    I'm ready to go!.. I put in an ignition switch Saturday and made it to tutto italiano on Sunday....was that your car there with the RI plates red on crema with red dash? if so, that's an amazing car!!!

Vinny

17. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Vinny,

I'm glad to hear that your car is all sorted and ready to go for the next meet. Yes, that was my car at Tutto. Thank you for the very kind words about my car. I saw a dark color 348 with RI plates that I think started with the letter V, wondered if that was you, but I didn't see an owner near the car. Your car looked great too !

I'm looking forward to catching up with you at one of our meets soon.

Best regards,
    Dino

18. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Any more plans to do a Moose Cafe meet? I'd love to get out there and I love the Moose Cafe haha. I've only been to one meet in the past, with my red 360 coupe but that has since been sold, and I am a traitor currently driving a GTR until I can afford to upgrade to a 430 Spider :)

19. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Tim,

It's very likely we will have some meets this season at the Moose. Stay tuned for details.

Best regards,
    Dino

20. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out here

21. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, August 20th. For this meet we will meet at the Moose Cafe, which is located at 1160 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI 02878.

See you guys there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

22. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #22 Dino944, Aug 23, 2017
    Hi Guys,

Thank you for joining us on Sunday. We had great weather and a great turn out! Plenty of our regulars were there, Dan, Hans & Barbara, Noah, Dwayne, Will & Sarah, Ray, Ed, Bill, Gilles, Mike S, Steve (986), Lee, Shamous & Liam, Patrick, Bob, Ron & Stephanie, and Nick & Brittney. Congrats to Ron & Stephanie on their beautiful new silver Carrera Cabriolet.

Tim and Dave joined us again and we also had some new attendees, Wade, Billy & Beth, Chris, and a few others I didn't get a chance to meet (several S2000 owners, Vette owners and M3 owner). Dave had a bit of trouble getting his 911 started, but with a push from fellow attendees he got it going again.

I look forward to catching up with you guys again soon. Our next meet meet will be September 3rd.

Best regards,
    Dino

23. Bludevlsi

Bludevlsi Rookie

Aug 30, 2017
    Hello gentleman. I am checking to see if there is another meet up scheduled for sept 10th? Would like to attend if it is going on. I assuming it will be in Taunton? Please post up of it is still on and if it is I will see some of you there.

Thanks Ben

24. Bludevlsi

Bludevlsi Rookie

Aug 30, 2017
    Where will the sept 3rd meet up be and what time will it kick off?
    Thanks Ben

25. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Ben,

Our Sept 3rd meet will be at the Moose Cafe, 1160 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI. It starts at 9:30 am. The weather is looking a bit iffy, but I am keeping an eye on it. If we need to cancel, due to weather it will be posted here by 7:30 AM on Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting you.
    Best regards,
    Dino