Southern California Event Calendar - Sticky | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Southern California Event Calendar - Sticky

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by frank4cars, Jan 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Posted on my site as well. Lets keep the event alive...

2. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Ditto, just posted on our site as well!

I really hope one jerk doesn't end up ruining the whole thing for everyone else... :(

~Matthew

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Yes, don't ruin it guys :D, I am over from the UK on 12th April and hope to be there. I have been looking forward to the Crystal Cove meet. Even got over last October, but of course it had stopped by then and I knew nothing of this.

4. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    The featured marque corral at the Saturday Cars & Coffee in Irvine, CA has been reserved for Lamborghini on July 26, 2008.

All models of Lamborghini are welcome at this event. Owners are requested to park their cars in the special exhibit area (hi-lited in yellow) which will be indicated with signage as you enter the gallery. Last year was a huge success with over 70 Lamborghinis on display. Cars & Coffee is located at the Ford - PAG - Mazda Campus, 7905 Gateway Boulevard, Irvine, CA 92618. Show hours are from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM.

After the show, there will be a drive followed by lunch. More details to follow as the event draws closer.

5. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    I want to add Cars and Coffee in La Canada to this. Since the one in Irvine is a bit far for us in the Foothills and the Valley. It is slowly getting larger and we need more exotics to show up. We meet at 1929 Verdugo Blvd, La Canada Flintridge, CA. Between 7 and 9 AM. Hope to see you guys there.

6. 355 Pablo

355 Pablo Karting

May 24, 2006
    Glendora, CA
    Sunday? Saturday?

7. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Sorry, Saturday mornings...

8. JBTC F430

JBTC F430 Rookie

Dec 31, 2006
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Campbell
    I just got word that Ferrari of newport Beach will have a new Scuderia at Cars and Coffee in irvine this saturday morning May 3rd. If you haven't seen one (I haven't) this should be a good opportunity. I think most everyone who reads these posts knows when and where Cars and Coffee in irvine is, but if you don't, just reply.

9. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    #34 s4dustin, May 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For those attending Supercar Sunday this Sunday, Jon at Chick's Restaurant has decided to open for the first time. It took some convincing, but here is his breakfast menu

Anyone want to have breakfast, we can sit out on the patio and eat...say 9am sharp, meet at front of VCR and have breakfast.

1. Dusty
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Sadly, this meet has passed and is cancelled.

11. RRRRE

RRRRE Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello Chatters,

Planning on attending the show car portion of the Gumball Rally?

Then you are invited to a Ferrari Chatters hangout in the MADRONE Sales office located in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Our address is 7024 Hollywood Blvd, the office can be accessed from Hollywood blvd. (Jonny Grant Building) use the doors to the right of the restaurant "Twenty Five Degrees". There will be a sign for MADRONE with a Ferrari badge on it. Also if you are able to Valet your car at the Roosevelt just ask the doormen where MADRONE is, they will give you directions.
    If you VALET your car at the Roosevelt, please stop into the Sales office at MADRONE, we will try to validate as many cars as we can until supplies (stickers) run out…

Bring your friends and family.

We will hosting (that means free of charge);
    Cold Drinks, water, soda, tea
    Starbucks coffee
    Cold fruit
    Snacks
    Gift certificates for Frozen Yogurt at Canteloop (until supplies run out)

So please feel free to use or office as a COOL OFF ZONE and come say hello!

Steve Baba
    MADRONE
    (323) 836-0000
    7024 Hollywood Blvd

12. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Please join us for the 2nd Annual Avila Beach Concours and Rallies (Benefit for Hospice of San Luis Obispo).
    This is a 4-Day fun filled car event based in San Luis Obispo County. This is not just a regular Concours, we have so much more to offer than a normal Concours.
    Here is the schedule for the event:
    ** We will have an organized drive up to our event on Thursday and Friday Morning, starting form the Auto Gallery (Ferrari/ Maserati) in Calabassas as we did last year.
    For the Northern Group, we will meet at the Ferrari of Silicone Valley.

Oct 23rd: Marque event in Downtown San Luis Obispo (during our famous Farmers Market).
    Historic Fremont Theater will be closed and open to the participants only.
    We will show a classic Car movie and short footage by our sponsor Maserati.
    The streets will be closed and participants can park their cars during this opening event.
    Select Restaurants and wineries will be offering their food and wine.

Oct 24th: Timed Rally (approx.150miles) in Northern San Luis Obispo County and Dinner and Party (Western Theme) at the Historic Santa Margarita Mission (Santa Margarita Ranch, this is a working cattle Ranch!!). This include a ride on the original Disneyland train (wine tasting on the train). You can see some photos from our last year's party on the website.

Oct 25th (SAT) : Tour of Central Coast wine country. We will take our cars through the beautiful wine country of our region and stop at a premium winery. The lunch stop will be at the center of San Luis Obispo Downtown. The Streets will be closed for our cars, creating a casual car show atmosphere while you enjoy the Downtown area. The tour continues through the Southern San Luis Obispo County and ends at the Avila Beach Pier area (where you can relax at the beach).
    The Gala Dinner/Party and benefit auction including some premium wines and Auto memorabilia (vintage Car driver theme).

Oct 26th (SUN): Concours at the Avila Beach Golf Resort.
    This year we are gathering all the Italian Makes and Pre-1949 Classics. We had over 50 wineries doing wine tasting last year at the event and we are expecting to have more this year along with food samplings from some local restaurants.

***This event is for the benefit of Hospice of San Luis Obispo. All the proceed goes to Hospice!!
    Please visit our website: www.avilabeachconcours.com

13. bzb90031

bzb90031 Rookie

Aug 22, 2008
    South Pasadena,CA
    If any of you guys need a transporter I have been using TNT. I have used them several times(LA to San Fran and Vegas, also to SD) and the kid is great! He knows a lot about every exotic car available and I actually trusted him. His name is Nate. 323-490-4819.

14. Stearman22

Stearman22 Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey D. Campbell
    #39 Stearman22, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
    I am a new-bee to the Ferrari group however, there is a small but growing group of Ferrari's appearing at the Sunday brunch in Dana Points Yatch Club on the first Sunday of each month. If you would like to have a great place to park the Ferrari and a female type. This is the place to go. The normally very private Yatch Club is open to you and it's right on the water in the harbor. About $25. each is a cheep way to look like a big shot. With all the champagne your female can down (you are the designated driver).

I would love to see you there!

I am an international pilot and if you find me I will give you my cost for an embroidered F1 Ferrari shirt. Red or Black. I get them in Shanghai, they are knock-offs. I won't have a lot of them but if you can wait I will bring home some more. They are of course knock-off's but I don't care they look great.

Thanks for coming,
    Jeff Campbell '99F1

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Kid friendly?

16. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
  17. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    http://www.desertconcours.com/

Alfa Romeo is featured this year and FoC has been invited. Saturday's events include a tour (I still haven't heard what the route will be), a static display at El Paseo, a lecture on automobile design at the Palm Springs Art Museum and a gala reception at the Air Museum that night. Sunday will be the show at the O'Donnell Golf Club and it includes a car corral.

18. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    www.avilabeachconcours.com

We have the official dates for the 2009 Avila Beach Concours. It is October 22nd (THU) through the 25th (SUN). Please mark your Calendar and book your hotels since we already have about 100 rooms booked this year. This is a benefit event for the Hospice of San Luis Obispo and 100% of proceeds will be donated to them.
    We have Mr. Ed Gilbertson as our Honorary Judge this year.

Please come join us!!

Tentative scgedule:

OCT 22: Opening event at the Historic Fremont Theater in Downtown San Luis Obispo.

OCT 23: Timed Rally of Central Coast and Dinner party at the Historic Santa margarita Ranch.

OCT 24: Tour of Central Coast, Gala dinner and the benefit Auction at the Avila Beach Golf resort.

OCT 25: Concours d' Elegance on the Green at the Avila Beach Golf Resort.

19. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Just checking in to see when the next Ferrari day will be at Cars and Coffee in Irvine. Does anyone know?

20. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Is this still happening? Tomorrow?

21. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    sorry didnt see ur post sooner, but yes it is still going on. every last saturday

22. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    www.avilabeachconcours.com

23. hadley

hadley Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    lake forest ca usa
    Full Name:
    hadley mcgaughey
    I was involved in a very minor way at the last one, May 2007. It was a beaut! Over 100 F-Cars showed. A number of folks were instrumental in it happening. Had just acquired the '95, 348 Spider several months before.

Regrets, but I'm having a senior moment and cannot remember their names (CRS, can't remember stuff!). Our buddy in Santa Fe, or is it Taos. The gentleman in San Clemente that's a Ferrari "nut." And that sweetheart of a guy at that Ford facility that's responsible for each weeks event.

It takes an attentive effort by a select few. Persevere, and take the initiative.

24. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I am interested in Participating in Ferrari track events in November and december in California. I have a 360 Challenge car and am intetested in ferrari related Track events. I am also interested in a support service (private or Ferrari Dealer). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

25. Jkuz

Jkuz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    John K
    Cavallo Motorsports in Carlsbad (35 mi north of San Diego) can provide whatever support service you might need. Give them a try.