Source for TRX tires | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Source for TRX tires

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Allard54, Dec 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hence the mention of the "390" size wheels. The 400/400i has 415 size wheels.

2. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    I purchased a set of Gotti's a while back, and plan on using them on my 400i. They might require a bit of a spacer not sure yet. As these are 16" I am sure I will be able to find plenty of tire choices.

I have found an excellent use for the metric wheels, and they look very cool. In my car barn both on the inside and outside I have mounted the wheels(less the tires) the wall near a hose faucetts and air line couplings, and hang both air and water hoses on them. They look very cool and leaving the centers in them the wheels stand out. They are not woth a plug nickle so why not enhance the look of your man cave.

Howard Musolf
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati spider
    2 many brass era cars.

3. mgsamman

mgsamman Rookie

Aug 1, 2009
    Seattle / DC / Dubai
    I need help.

I contacted Superformance to buy the 16 inch wheels for my 400i. They told me that they come in 7 X 16 for the front and 8 X 16 for the rear as they are really made for the 308s.

I could buy that combination, or (a) 4 7X16s, or (b) 4 8X16s. Which ones are recommended and which will fit?

Further, they told me that I may need to get spacers but they don't have any in stock. Where would I get those in the U.S.

Please help,

Thanks,

Marv

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Marv
    The four 8's will be closer to the original 400i width and you will need spacers. A set sold recently on ebay.
    Ken