Source for F430 Challenge sway bars? | FerrariChat

Source for F430 Challenge sway bars?

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by F430GT, May 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Where do I order the F430CH front and rear sway bars with the necessary bushings and mounting brackets?

I've been looking for adjustable sway bars that work with the stock F430, but nothing found yet.

Thanks

2. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    You should be able to order from any Ferrari dealer or FChat sponsor Ricambi America. Official dealer may ask you for a 430C chassis number.

There are 2 options. Front 19mm or 21mm diameter. Rear 20mm or 22mm diameter. You will have to order the corresponding bushing size. Mounting bracket is the same for both options. The end links are tie rod joint type instead of street car rubber joints.

360C and 430C share the same components. So you maybe able to buy used ones cheaply from 360C owners or teams that no longer race them.

The only adjustable ones I have come across are for 430GT3 or 430GT2 cars, and they are way too stiff even for 430C on slicks. In the case of GT2 bars they won't fit at all as the ABS pump gets in the way and mounts much higher than OEM location.

FARB 19mm part #222480
    FARB 21mm part #179776
    RARB 20mm part #210234
    RARB 22mm part #179778

3. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    wow !!!

Thanks for the info.

I found out that Novitec has a Front 22mm and a Rear 26mm sway bar (non adjustable) that mounts to the stock drop links (they look like dog bones).

Correct, the F430 GT2 won't fit, neither the F430 GT3 ones. These ones are adjustable, but require different struts and mounting hardware.

I measured the stock Scuderia bars, the front one is 19mm, the rear one is 21.5mm. They seem to be hollow bars, can't really tell.

Manda racing likes this.
  4. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    More info.

The 21.5mm part # is 198416. This is the rear bar used by both the Scuderia and the Stradale.

The rear 22mm bar is used only by the 360CH. The rear 20mm is also used by the 360CH and the regular F430 (softer bar than the Scuderia in addition to softer springs).

I like the diameter ratios from the Novitec bars. 3mm thicker front, and 4.5mm thicker rear (promoting oversteer). I may try them.

Thanks

Manda racing likes this.
  5. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    No first hand experience with Scuderia bars, but I thought i read somewhere they are titanium bars.

Is Novitec 26mm RARB solid steel? If so then that's going to be quite heavy. Better if you can find a hollow bar. If I recall correctly the RARB teflon bushing that's glued into the chassis is a shade smaller than 26mm. So if you have to change out the rear glued in ARB bushing to accommodate the 26mm bar it's not a trivial job. Check with Novitec before you buy.

Those rubber ARB drop links will be destroyed by stiff bars in no time. For that matter the rubber wishbone bushings in Stradale (probably same ones in Scuderia) also gives you sloppy handling. If you track your car with slicks then these rubber lined flanblocs will be toast very quickly. Challenge cars use teflon bushed flanblocs; and the teflon bushing inserts need replacement very frequently.

6. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    I will check with Novitec, but if their bars are hollow, they may be a decent upgrade from my 19mm/21.5mm. I would use the drop links from the challenge cars instead, or get custom made drop links. Need to test with some drop links I have here.

Good tip on the wishbone bushings, they look quite soft (plenty of rubber). I should replace them with non metallic Challenge ones as well, 16 identical bushings.

7. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Upper wishbone bushings are smaller than lower ones. So you will need 8 of each size. Or you can pay big bucks for anti dive and anti squat lower pins.

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    did anyone install Novitec ?

9. toussi1

toussi1 Karting

Jun 10, 2007
    USA
    I got the front 21mm, and rear 22mm

The rear I'm confused on the bushings,
    There is the white bushings and a metal bushing. Anyone have pictures how they mount for rear?